Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
EoKBCm5UwAAZ_RV

In case you're curious, Bert & Bertie are directors working on the Hawkeye Disney+ show. Still, despite there being some doubt along the way, her being cast as Kate Bishop was one of Marvel Studios' worst-kept secrets. But it's good to see that it's more-or-less confirmed now, as she's been a hopeful cast for many even outside of the rumors & an overall great actress (watch Edge of Seventeen when you get the chance).

This also wouldn't be her first Marvel rodeo, as she voiced Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen/Spider-Woman/Ghost Spider in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It's just that this would be her first time in the MCU.

Source: Hailee Steinfeld (Instagram)

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The only real question was her schedule availability, so I'm glad they got it all sorted out. She's a great choice.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This casting is perfect. I hope it's all signed and sealed now.

I don't even like Kate Bishop but this is really good if they got her.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've loved her in pretty much everything since Edge of Seventeen. Extremely excited.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so here for it, and I've been here for it since the rumors started. She is awesome.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I really wonder how Family Hawkeye will be Hawkguy.

Whedon really fucked that up.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like Steinfeld's been on the verge of being officially casted as Kate for like forever, lol.

Was always a fantastic pick, and it's good to see this might actually have some traction now.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great. She's been really good in what I've seen her in, and the character is awesome.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this is going to be post snap, pre-Endgame? I'm wondering how they'll get to have "Down on his luck, bumming around" Hawkeye since he apparently had a family and whatnot.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I really wonder how Family Hawkeye will be Hawkguy.

Whedon really fucked that up.
Maybe the trauma of having been Ronin soured his relationship with his family and was cordially invited to get the fuck out of the house. Hope they include Scott Lang, the other divorced avenger so they can form a club. While they wallow on their miseries, Kate gets shit done and arrest the bad guys.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wife rejects him after she finds out about the Ronin stuff?

It could just be a thing where his wife says "figure your shit out" which would lead to the logical end of the show which is Clint concluding he doesn't have to be Hawkeye anymore and you get the official mantle passing to Kate.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Glad we ultimately got her after all, felt like a long journey lol

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
I liked her in Bumblebee.

Is the Hawkeye guy still a prick?

Last edited:

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously huge grain of salt considering the source (and the others corroborating it), but this is now floating around about the show too.

thedirect.com

Marvel's Hawkeye: Florence Pugh Joins Jeremy Renner Disney+ Series (Exclusive)

Florence Pugh's Yelena Belova will star alongside Jeremy Renner in the Hawkeye series for Disney+.

New Black Widow and New Hawkeye are going to have that "powerless, high skill Avengers gotta stick together" dynamic that their predecessors had

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
I love that Faction run but Renner's Hawkeye is nothing like that version. Not sure how they get there but I'm excited to see what they come up with. Great casting for Kate. My year of D+ runs out later this month. They're finally giving me some good reasons to keep it besides Mando.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love that Faction run but Renner's Hawkeye is nothing like that version. Not sure how they get there but I'm excited to see what they come up with. Great casting for Kate. My year of D+ runs out later this month. They're finally giving me some good reasons to keep it besides Mando.

Unless for some reason his wife kicks him out of the house, I don't see it either.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
This MCU drought has been terrible. At least it's looking like next year we'll be getting an AVALANCE of new content on D+.