• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Instead we got this:

Announced nearly five years ago at Marvel's huge reveal event for phase 3, Inhumans was to come out in between Avengers 3 and 4, premiering November 8, 2018:
Phase3-800x400.jpg

Then with the success of Ant-Man and the huge get of Spiderman, things changed as Homecoming and Ant-Man and the Wasp were added, moving Inhumans to come today along with some other changes in dates:
marvel1.jpg

Then after that(https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Inhumans_(film)):
After Walt Disney Company announced a new Indiana Jones movie will be released around the same time of Inhumans, Kevin Feige suggested that the date of release will likely be delayed.[1]

On April 22, 2016 Disney removed the picture from its production schedule leaving the film without a release date.[2]

On July 27, 2016, Comicbook.com gave a report citing how Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. had more room to operate with its Inhuman characters.

On November 11, 2016, screenrant.com gave a report in which Kevin Feige says that it could happen as a movie in Phase 4.[3]

It was around the same time that last comment was made was when the show was announced.

So the Inhumans, who were no doubt going to be the MCU's X-Men almost got a movie, but instead got a piss poor TV show. Now Marvel has X-Men again, so we may never see them on the big screen anytime soon, but at least their portrayal on Agent's of SHIELD does not disappoint.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scott Buck. Dexter S6-8, Inhumans...hell of a guy! I believe Iron Fist S1 as well.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
The Inhumans film announcement and later TV show was all Ike Perlmutter's doing.

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm just glad that marvel is gonna stop trying to make inhumans "happen" if truly was their fetch moment.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
I pretty much only know the Inhumans from Hickman's run on things and while I do find them kind of interesting, I just never really got into them. Never had any interest in reading more about them besides trying to figure out some backstory for Hickman's stuff. Except for...

Ms. Marvel. She is fantastic.

Oct 25, 2017
If they actually did get the movie I feel like we would be talking about another property that got elevated thanks to the movies. I don't think the characters themselves are bad, but the TV show was just the absolute worst MCU thing.

Oct 25, 2017
The Inhumans could have finally risen to the greatness and admiration they deserve under the boy Kevin.

A shame it wasn't meant to be.

Jmanunknown

Oct 26, 2017
The Inhumans film announcement and later TV show was all Ike Perlmutter's doing.
When Kevin Feige got full control of control of the movie side the Inumans were pretty much done on the movie side since as you said they were being pushed by Ike Perlmutter. Also Ike Perlmutter is the worst and I wonder if he is still meddling with Veteran Affairs?

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Is there a plan for XMen in the MCU? Is Marvel waiting for the stench to wear off.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
When Kevin Feige got full control of control of the movie side the Inumans were pretty much done on the movie side since as you said they were being pushed by Ike Perlmutter. Also Ike Perlmutter is the worst and I wonder if he is still meddling with Veteran Affairs?
Yes and again, Disney can't just cut him without a fat paycheck.

The irony is had he just waited, the Inhumans would get the Enternals spot.

Is there a plan for XMen in the MCU? Is Marvel waiting for the stench to wear off.

Yep now that Dark Phoenix BOMBED

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Inhumans died so Eternals could live.

It's a trade I can live with, honestly. And it gave Agents of SHIELD leeway to do some fun stuff, too. I don't think Season 2 would have been as good as it was without that extra room to explore the Inhuman mythos.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Inhumans were basically second-rate X-Men, so now that they actually have the X-Men again they're not really as important.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
RIP Inhumans push...only there's one last thing to come from it. Squares Avengers game.

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
So the Inhumans, who were no doubt going to be the MCU's X-Men almost got a movie, but instead got a piss poor TV show. Now Marvel has X-Men again, so we may never see them on the big screen anytime soon, but at least their portrayal on Agent's of SHIELD does not disappoint.

We're still getting Ms Marvel.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Man Russos with Black Bolt, Karnak, and Medusa.....what could have been

El Goom

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest downgrade in franchise history? Almost ALMOST could've had them with actual decent budget, costumes, actors, etc
1ec4ef20edbabf7281052wijo7.png

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Laaaaame. Didn't Feige say they were doing a Ms. Marvel movie?

No, he just said they would be introducing her after Captain Marvel.

"Ms. Marvel, which is another character in the comic books—the Muslim hero who was inspired by Captain Marvel—is definitely, sort of in the works. We have plans for that once we've introduced Captain Marvel to the world."

Then just the other month Mindy Kaling said she's talked to Marvel about it, and said:

"Now there's, like, this streaming platform with them. It might be something like that."

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Okay, I figured this is what you were referring to. Not really seeing how that implies it'll be Disney+, she just thinks it's a potential platform they might use for the character. She even goes on later to say she knows nothing about any info regarding an adaptation for either TV or film:

ManaByte

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Okay, I figured this is what you were referring to. Not really seeing how that implies it'll be Disney+, she just thinks it's a potential platform they might use for the character. She even goes on later to say she knows nothing about any info regarding an adaptation for either TV or film:

I mean, she's on video talking about it. That comes off as "Marvel called me and told me to STFU".

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I could see Captain Marvel and the Kree setting the stage for the Inhumans, but otherwise I'm not sure what they'd do with them.

I think they could only somewhat be an X-Men analogue. Mostly they'd have to develop their own purpose for existing.

Probably for the best that it got scrapped, but it could have helped set up Kamala more.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, she's on video talking about it. That comes off as "Marvel called me and told me to STFU".

Yea, talking about it as something they might do. You had me thinking like she just straight up said it'd be on there lol. If that was the case, then yea, I could see her tweet as her being forced to walk it back.

Well whatever, guess we'll see. Hopefully she makes it to the big screen.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A shame, the film adaptation could have been really interesting in the right hands.

I think they were going to be used as weapons by the Kree, in an upcoming kinda Skrull-Kree war, where Skrulls are allies.
But of course the royal family wouldn't take that nicely.

I wonder if their role is now gonna be taken by the Eternals, in a more space scope and maybe setting up evolution and the X-Men; with all the Celestial stuff.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Totally forgot Inhumans was supposed to be a film.

BouncyRareLabradorretriever-size_restricted.gif

This makes Iron Fist S1 look good.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The biggest L from Jeph Loeb.
Seriously had no idea wtf he was thinking producing such a dumpster fire.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
it's honestly pretty funny that the company that managed to strike box office gold with a guardians of the galaxy movie couldn't make inhumans work.