• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if she was being toxic or not, but if I knew my friend just made a thread on the internet about me because of a small comment I made while drinking and probably already forgot about; I would probably distance myself from that person.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Cut off the friendship.

....because she deserves friends who aren't testing her hoping to get her to fail....

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was such a comment that was made in jest, she obviously knew it was going to bother you so she tried to hold off. You forced her to tell you and got mad at her for it.

This is amazing, the most ERA thing ever.

OP
OP

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I call upon the almighty mods of Resetera to permaban me.

MODS, BAN ME PLEASE. I'm an insecure piece of shit that is also very toxic and shitty.

Going to jump off a bridge.

Thanks everyone.

No seriously, mods, issue that perma ban.

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good friends can banter man. And pushing her to tell you something she didn't wanna say makes you the toxic one.

Edit: and that shit about testing her? Good god dude. Yeah you should stop being friends with her. For her sake.

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
*Bill Burr voice*

Look at ol' green eggs and ham over here.
this made me laugh way more than it should have. but yeah 1 comment about your looks and you make a thread about how its weird someone said that because you're so goodlooking, idk man kinda ridiculous lol. and now i want some eggs.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
People on Resetera have been saying I look like Sam Tarly.

I still haven't blocked anyone.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i roll more on the looks side of the dumpy angel from It's a Wonderful Life

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
"I'm a good looking dude"

"Is my friend a toxic person for not thinking I'm as good looking as I think I am?"

Lol, come on OP. You come off as conceded and this girl made a harmless joke that seemingly humbled you some but you took offense it it...?

Am I misreading this? She's not even a romantic interest yet you are seeking some kind of validation on your looks from her, why?

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

MODS, BAN ME PLEASE. I'm an insecure piece of shit that is also very toxic and shitty.

Thanks everyone.

Talk about an overreaction... Man, you really cannot take any kind of criticism well, can you?

Oct 27, 2017
Look, I don't want asshole friends. I've had them before. So I wanted to know to see just how mean she could get, what her intention was etc.

Basically, wanted to test her.

If this is a pattern. She gets cut off.
Why? Why ask someone to be mean then get bothered that they said something mean? Are you sure you aren't also an asshole friend if you're going around testing your friends for seemingly no reason?

petitmelon

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
She warned you, you pressed her, and now hours later you're mad? And you went so far to message her too?

Dude. Come on.

She's the one that needs to cut your Cindy Lou ass out of her life lmao

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

Thanks everyone.

JollyShowyAegeancat-small.gif

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
To answer your question OP, yes I think you are soft.

Don't prod people to give their opinions on your looks if you can't shrug it off lol

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo

Thanks everyone.

Nah they just need to give ya a tag saying
Dr. Seuss Character made flesh

But seriously, how is someone toxic if they didn't want to hurt your feelings in the first place? Kinda sounds like you are the toxic person.

Riboflavin

Banned
Nov 10, 2017

Thanks everyone.

Sir this is a Burger King. Please pull forward if you aren't going to order anything.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Thanks everyone.

If you feel suicidal please contact the suicide prevention line: 18002738255.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
OP do you secretly like this friend and her making this comment snapped you in the other direction?

Otherwise, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
We kissed on Friday of last week pa. So I'm pretty sure the game is good.

Interesting. Having a hard time seeing it's on me. But I'll let that marinate.

Look, I don't want asshole friends. I've had them before. So I wanted to know to see just how mean she could get, what her intention was etc.

You sound socially stunted

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
How did the conversation even start is what I want to know. Did you literally ask her to say something bad about your looks and be honest?

Anyway it's not a big deal.

Oct 27, 2017
We kissed on Friday of last week pa. So I'm pretty sure the game is good.

Interesting. Having a hard time seeing it's on me. But I'll let that marinate.

lol we got a badass

Status
Not open for further replies.