Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt see a thread

Official Website: https://gundamevolution.com/

More details from Polygon

https://www.polygon.com/22969110/gundam-evolution-hero-shooter-release-date-free

A closed network test for Gundam Evolution will take place on PC April 7-12, Bandai Namco said, with a similar test for console coming at an unspecified date. PC players can register for the closed network test via Steam through March 28.

The Steam store page link to register for the PC test

also as I was making the thread Bamco released a trailer for the network test. It's a few minutes longer than the state of play tailer.

This game has been in the oven for a while and as a Gundam fan I am excited to try it out

Confirmed List of Mobile Suits available at release
Marasai (UC)
Gundam Exia
GM
Guntank
Turn A Gundam
DOM Trooper
Asshimar
GM Sniper II
Methuss
Sazabi
Gundam Barbatos
Zaku II
RX-78-2 Gundam
Pale Rider (from PS3 game Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link)

Last edited:

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This and Turtles were the most hype for me.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
The mobile suit roster seems kind of weird here. Other than that, I'm interested to see where it'll go.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda think this looks really cool. Not a Gundam guy but I'd definitely give it a go if it was a F2P GaaS game.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I recently started watching Zeta Gundam for the first time so have been in a Gundam mood lately but I don't know about this. The idea is great but I hope the execution follows. I'll at least try the test out.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Looking at it a second time, is it me, or does the game seem faster than before?

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
I'll give it a try. But this isn't the Gundam game I've been craving. PS3 was really the last hoorah for Gundam games. :(

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really not fond of Gundam crossover games but if it is free and on Steam then I will try it out on the Steam Deck and see how it goes.

Is it the Vs team working on this?

OP
OP
Deepwater

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, Its been beta testing in Japan since last year. Not hard to find gameplay video on youtube

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Where's the GOAT?

tumblr_pkr3392t2i1ryqw5to1_400.gifv

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
6v6 is the right size, so good on that. Love that Turn A is represented alongside the classics.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I think it is free to play.

Just saw it was on steam and yup it's F2P :D

GUNDAM EVOLUTION is an online free-to-play FPS title in which players take control of Mobile Suits from the hit Gundam anime and challenge other players online in six-versus-six objective based battles. Featuring fast-paced action and immersive controls, players can switch between many different Mobile Suit Units to suit the ever changing battle conditions. Utilize their unique characteristics and cooperate with teammates to secure the win.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Guess they'll be running this alongside Gundam battle operation 2 then as F2P games. While I prefer the UC mobile suits more, the game feels way too stiff and and it feels way too geared towards just burning a huge amount of time just to make your suit more responsive in battle. The speed of this is more what I want in a game.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Yes! Mustache Gundam! Turn A turn, turn A turn, Turn Aaaaaaay.

Honestly though that's a pretty weak looking arena. Where's the sense of scale?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So it was F2P too? Hopefully the online system is not as strict as the other Gundam game (getting disconnected by the internet gives you an insta ban, and the game disconnects a LOT).

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why can't Gundam games ever get good graphics? Ever? Just once please!

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
This is the most Overwatch a game has been since Paladins. Half joking here. But seriously tho.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super excited for this! I will take whatever I can Gundam-wise in the west, dangit!

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
Guntank main all day. Hopefully this is good and has good, fair support from Bandai Namco. I'm so down to play a hero shooter again.

I was a longtime Overwatch player that burned out and I was a huge Gundam fan as a kid, so this looks cool.

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
Aren't Gundams like 60 feet/18 metres tall.

The scale seems off, or we getting shrinkrayed or something.