HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What mechanics do people want though, or even expect. Does it not seem a bit soon to be doing stuff like that.

I mean you can look at both games yourself to see what is missing. Instant kills, blitz attacks? More options for aerial combos? Reworking the Gatling system? It's not like I'm expecting them to change things this patch but if this is a system level patch then it's really not that far fetched to hope they start incorporating old shit.

Also, more special moves from Xrd for the roster.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Yeah I don't think they'll cut Strives legs out like that within the year lol. But if it does happen, it'll be a good day.
Imagine if all the people who stuck with Xrd past week 2 dropped Strive to play Xrd again! Losing almost a full lobby worth of players would really cripple Strive. :(

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if all the people who stuck with Xrd past week 2 dropped Strive to play Xrd again! Losing almost a full lobby worth of players would really cripple Strive. :(

Yeah that'd be awful. But all I'm saying is, ArcSys addressing plans (that aren't necessarily about Strive) would be nice. I'm still secretly hoping they reveal a One Piece or JoJos fighter at TGS (long fucking shot but still lol)

Aug 26, 2018
日本
Look at this Kotaku-ass article. lol
kotaku.com

The Official Guilty Gear Strive Tinder Tier List

If you were wondering how all of the Guilty Gear Strive characters are on dating apps, then boy is this the article for you

Sol Badguy

You've heard of Wife Guys...now meet the Dead Wife Guy. This motherfucker loves his dead wife so much that he married her daughter-clone, after defeating his dead wife like six times. This motherfucker has a type and he superlikes them constantly, and then emotionally unloads all over them on the first date. That he had to defeat his wife in mortal combat is a terrible shame, but c'mon dude...get another personality trait other than, "I fought the Robo-Angel Reincarnation of my Dead Wife." Maybe list a book you like or something. I dunno.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Any Millia, Chip, and dare I say Leo players wanna go? could use the matchup knowledge...

PSN - Omnicloud

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they added the soundtrack on the i-Tunes store. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the DLC character themes legitimately but now I'm sure they'll eventually add them.
Edit: Ah someone posted it already. It says volume 1 so I'm happy we'll get more.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really hoping we get news of Xrd mechanics being worked into Strive. Or better yet, ArcSys coming out at TGS and announcing Xrd will get rollback.
I was hoping for this pre launch but now that I've played the game for a minute I don't think this is gonna happen. Instant kills, maybe? But I don't expect much else.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can look at both games yourself to see what is missing. Instant kills, blitz attacks? More options for aerial combos? Reworking the Gatling system? It's not like I'm expecting them to change things this patch but if this is a system level patch then it's really not that far fetched to hope they start incorporating old shit.

IKs are whatever (although RIP to Nago if they ever bring them back) but really don't understand the desire for old shit. It's a new game. Reject tradition and embrance modernity. Like Blitz attacks? really? Feels like wanting old stuff back just for the sake of it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
IKs are whatever (although RIP to Nago if they ever bring them back) but really don't understand the desire for old shit. It's a new game. Reject tradition and embrance modernity. Like Blitz attacks? really? Feels like wanting old stuff back just for the sake of it.

I mean you can assume what you want. I wouldn't mind more defensive options.

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good matches where i can see why people want blitz sheild and blitz attacks back because I've never really thought of it as useful beyond being gimmicky defence.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good matches where i can see why people want blitz sheild and blitz attacks back because I've never really thought of it as useful beyond being gimmicky defence.

I'm not sure if you're asking me to do the research for you but it's essentially "I like the concept of it and enjoyed using it in Xrd". Having that line of thought really isn't as seemingly impossible as you think, and has nothing to do with wanting stuff for the 'sake' of it.

I really don't think it is necessary to find some high level play just to prove my opinion on it to you.

I play Strive, and I love it (and raved about it plenty of times itt). I play Xrd, and I also love it. But some mechanics transferring over would be only be a plus to me. It's really that simple man lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I for one love that Strive is so much simpler. Xrd was way too much and felt impossible to approach bc of the mechanical density.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
getting matched up with nothing but millias for my celestial challenges this month. I beat a red aura millia 2/3 and he felt the need to challenge me again to block me. kinda scummy.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just legitimately curious because I have never understood the mechanics or use cases for blitz shield. I've never even noticed it watching pro xrd play and dont get even get when you want to use it over IB, FD or something like dead angle. It just seems redundant alongside the mechanics already in the game. I just wanna further my knowledge about the game. I feel this way about slashback in X2 also.

I just think game mechanics aren't like feature lists on the back of the box where more is better. Also fuck danger time.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Nothing comes to mind, but it isn't some hype moments mechanic like parry nor is it a gimmick. Think about it like invincible back dashes, it's just an important defensive tool, you see it regularly in high level play with all the possible outcomes(hypest of which is when someone grabs a charged blitz), so... Check pretty much any high level set, it will get used there lol.

I also don't think it need to come back in Strive as the game is right now, maybe later if it get more complex! It worked in Xrd because characters there have a lot more offensive routs during pressure, it was always risky to use, with how simple offense is in Strive, something like blitz would be too strong.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All I know is, getting a hard read on somebody and throwing up the blitz shield was satisfying as hell. It may not be a parry, but it's the closest feeling thing and just as satisfying.

And yeah, danger time and hellfire can stay in the past. I just think Strive could be the best of both worlds, eventually. If DBZ can get a big update this year, then I'm hoping Strive will start getting a facelift in the coming years.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
All I know is, getting a hard read on somebody and throwing up the blitz shield was satisfying as hell. It may not be a parry, but it's the closest feeling thing and just as satisfying.
The thing that was more satisfying than this and have no reason to not be in Strive, especially when you can't OS throws, is being able to throw bursts.
There's zero reason for that to not be possible other than maybe someone feelings getting hurt when their burst is thrown. You're throwing away more damage you could do from just blocking and punishing a burst for style points, just let people have their fun!

Oct 25, 2017
There any chance of the last character for the year being announced in a few minutes? Feels a bit early for me but who knows.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Any mods out there that alters Nago's sword? I've seen Ky mods with his sword altered.

OP
OP
BackwardCap

BackwardCap

The King of Games - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Literally all of the Strive TGS info was product placements they already showed us on twitter =__=

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017

Guys, we're done. Time for Melty.

j/k The TGS presentation was mostly just tournament and merch news before they went on to the next segment

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol so TGS had nothing about the actual game? Was expecting a character reveal at least.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to guess we will get patch and next character early November announced here

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just realised you can bypass the long ass server connection time on PS5, it doesn't work from cold boot into the game using the cards but it does work while it's doing the server connection, does the rest in the background if you select training from the cards selection. So happy about this.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Their site must be communicating with the server, maybe they pressed R-Code by accident

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
While we wait for the site to properly back, Daru somehow catched it before it went down

Google translate:

South Korea was alive.

FD performance change
Advance input reception extension
Counter performance change,
JC and sky da correspondence technique addition
Throw offset input time extension
Some character normal technique occurrence reexamination

No additional characters this month. Adjustment is 10/15
The Big Patch after a week apparently

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Advance input reception extension
Holy shit they're actually expanding the reversal window are they?
Throw offset input time extension
Does this mean Throw PRC is finished already or could this mean something else like changes to wakeup throw frame data? I guess we'll have to wait for the English notes bc whatever it is sounds pretty big.

Funny enough Jiyuna made a video today talking about the changes he wants in Strive and it looks like most of his wants are in.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Curious to see what they'll change about the counter hits. Improving reversal window is a nice quality of life stuff. Let's hope Faultless Defense will finally be useful.
Does this mean Throw PRC is finished already or could this mean something else like changes to wakeup throw frame data? I guess we'll have to wait for the English notes bc whatever it is sounds pretty big.
Perhaps it's just adding frames to the tech throw window ?

Last edited:

romey

Mar 2, 2020
How do I bait a burst during a dust loop, but still get a combo off when they burst? I've seen this a few times before but didn't take notes. I have a feeling characters like Nago can't do this.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
How do I bait a burst during a dust loop, but still get a combo off when they burst? I've seen this a few times before but didn't take notes. I have a feeling characters like Nago can't do this.
You need an air dash for the easier whiff punish, but for blocked punish you just need a momentum halting aerial attack like Nago's j.D(I think that's the one, not sure). Either:
Against early burst: Block right after the dust then air jump after for the punish
Against delayed burst: After the dust > any attack > forward jump cancel > block the delayed burst > punish with j.D

You can probably drift RC to help with the punish too, but I don't think he need that, at least not against an early burst.

Last edited: