J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
I like his design so much I bought the season pass right away 😄

I like that this heavy-set character is huge and lumbering and packs a hella punch, rather than the more recent trend of having heavy characters that hit hard and move as fast as SFIII's Yun and Yang.
The same point Max made

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I think he looks great and I'm way more interested in playing him than Happy Chaos or Asuka but judging by this thread I'm an outlier

Guess I just have weird taste

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I like his design so much I bought the season pass right away 😄

The same point Max made

I just got to the point Max made, and I'm glad he and I have a similar mindset when it comes to this specific character type in fighting games. I don't necessarily hate the 'acrofatic' gimmick , but I appreciate that ARC System Works wanted to make a genuine bruiser who hits like a dump truck and moves with the speed of a caterpillar with wooden legs.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
I like that this heavy-set character is huge and lumbering and packs a hella punch, rather than the more recent trend of having heavy characters that hit hard and move as fast as SFIII's Yun and Yang.

Basically no more Rufus and Bob characters. More specifically...Rufus. I'm kind of a proponent of characters playing at least somewhat like they look. Its just a huge disconnect for me personally when you got a 4-500 lb fighter moving like they're a 120 lb featherweight.

Oct 25, 2017
The fast fat guy characters, bob and rufus are both Sammo Hung rips. Especially bob. Hence the suspenders, bowl cut ish hair and kung fu. also SFV has had a bunch of big bodies like birdie and abagail that had plenty of weight. it isn't 09 anymore.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

People always think big heavy characters should be slow. Do you think mike tyson was slow? he was a heavyweight....

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Not for me, but glad he's there for whoever he's for.
He is for all of us.

c5ed577740ebde7b1b3cd208e73870501f87269a.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Since it hasn't been mentioned in this thread I'll be posting this here as a reminder:

www.resetera.com

Guilty Gear Strive removes all references of Uyghur, Tibet, and Taiwan from the Official Backstory (Update: Steam and PlayStation now both censored)

I mean frankly I personally think the existence of international superpowers is inherently a bad thing no matter who that superpower is because it inevitably leads to imperialism no matter who is in charge. Western Imperialism sucks. Chinese Imperialism sucks. If they ever happened African...

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
The fast fat guy characters, bob and rufus are both Sammo Hung rips. Especially bob. Hence the suspenders, bowl cut ish hair and kung fu. also SFV has had a bunch of big bodies like birdie and abagail that had plenty of weight. it isn't 09 anymore.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

People always think big heavy characters should be slow. Do you think mike tyson was slow? he was a heavyweight....

Mike Tyson felt like an exception to the rule, especially when you watch footage of him as a 15 year old training. Dude was something else entirely when he had the speed & footwork of a light-weight boxer with the power and endurance of a heavy-weight boxer.

I otherwise agree, as body fat has little bearing on muscle or flexibility. So as long as someone can move effectively, more mass means more powerful strikes when they hit you. Linebackers in American Football are an example of this.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Character looks fucking cool, but I'm miffed by the announcement itself. Was looking forward to play him this week-end but we have to wait a whole week, trailer didn't show that much and we didn't even get his song.

C'mon ArcSys

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Just woke up. Trailer was at 3am here and I couldn't stay up for that.
First up: FUCK YEAH. So happy it is GOLDLEWIS DICKINSON.
He looks like a slow ass motherfucking big boy and those are my fighting game character fetish. I already play Pot and Nago and this'll be a fine addition to my collection. Love how chunky the hits are when he swings his coffin around.
Gotta say tho the trailer was not very good. Felt pretty disjointed and ultimately didn't really show much. ArcSys really needs to get better at this.
Still, I'm happy the first DLC character is also the one I want the most (at least out of those rumored/datamined). Feel like I've lucked out here, especially looking at that DLC roadmap.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Trailer was super low energy for what should be a hype announcement. He looks really cool though and i'm excited to see more of him next week.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Sammo Hung and especially Mike Tyson (I don't even know why he is being cited here lol) are not straight 150kg + obese like those characters are. They especially don't move and jump like ballet dancers would have a hard time to.

I get the "Sammo hung hommage", but it's no surprise people can be put off by those archetypes looking more fast and agile than everybody else.

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
I thought we might be getting a bigger breakdown since the character is out so soon. Still excited for a new character

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
I like his design, need to see more of his moveset...however, in a game where we have Sol fs, 5k and 6s, I just can't see how goldlewis hangs. Happy to be proven wrong, but man looks like he's gonna get run over.

Sammo Hung and especially Mike Tyson (I don't even know why he is being cited here lol) are not straight 150kg + obese like those characters are. They especially don't move and jump like ballet dancers would have a hard time to.

I get the "Sammo hung hommage", but it's no surprise people can be put off by those archetypes looking more fast and agile than everybody else.
Nah, it's canon. lol

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I like his design, need to see more of his moveset...however, in a game where we have Sol fs, 5k and 6s, I just can't see how goldlewis hangs. Happy to be proven wrong, but man looks like he's gonna get run over.
I'm assuming he's going to have armor on a bunch of his stuff to balance out his slow speed. The run looks like it's very similar to Abigail's from SFV.

Sesha

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 25, 2017
Man, why don't fighting games add more smooth and aloof assholes, gravel-eating Vegeta clones, black women with white hair, and Thanksgiving Turkeys with giant tits? Not to mention totally-not-underage characters that I totally don't wanna jerk off to, Your Honor, I swear. We don't have enough of those.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Man, why don't fighting games add more smooth and aloof assholes, gravel-eating Vegeta clones, black women with white hair and Thanksgiving Turkeys with giant tits? Not to mention totally-not-underage characters that I totally don't wanna jerk off to, Your Honor, I swear. We don't have enough of those.
3USgt2g.gif

I still want Jam

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I love big bodies in fighting games. He looks great.

I want thicc boy SF5 dictator as a guest character now, heh.