Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

latest

unknown.png

Glad we got a roadmap, but it looks like Season 1 will go well into 2022. Understandable given the pandemic, of course.

Source: Arc System Works (YouTube)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017

Love the character design, but he's kinda slow for my tastes.

Also Season Pass 1 looking like it's going to last for an entire year. Honestly kind of unfortunate since because if the datamined season pass list is true, the only character I'll have to look forward to is Jam.

And I have a strong gut feeling we're getting Jack-O near Halloween lol.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Kind of funny how the parody trailer was more hype in a way, hah.

Really looking forward to trying him out next week! Hope it comes with a balance patch too.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Worst time line. People hyping this Area 51 meme character gonna play him for like 10 seconds then never play again.

Being called the master of defense makes me interested though, also kind of reminds me of Justice in some ways? Here's hoping he's secretly lame so I'll play him

Nahbac

Nov 11, 2018
OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
That could be the case, though I feel like Jam would be the mid season refresher for fans of the series and then they'd close it out with Happy Chaos and Asuka
Perhaps, but it's not something we can dismiss. Plus it seems like Happy Chaos has quite a bit of hype behind him, so closing out 2021 with him is possible.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I like that this heavy-set character is huge and lumbering and packs a hella punch, rather than the more recent trend of having heavy characters that hit hard and move as fast as SFIII's Yun and Yang.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the next character will be Jack-O and the last two characters out will be Asuka and Jam. Those two are the only characters I feel like they'd be likely to have an associated new stage to come with, and the latter especially would probably be trojan horsed into the game with a new after story campaign since they weren't in the main story proper.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm guessing the next character will be Jack-O and the last two characters out will be Asuka and Jam. Those two are the only characters I feel like they'd be likely to have an associated new stage to come with, and the latter especially would probably be trojan horsed into the game with a new after story campaign since they weren't in the main story proper.
So you think Happy Chaos will be the last 2021 character?

MeepMerp

Alt Account
May 2, 2020
Why all hate on the trailer? They're made to show off characters and never reveal the entire moveset. Hyped for this guy, he was great in the story.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Wait, so the satellite laser tracks the opponent after it begins firing or does it always move towards Goldlewis?

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Why all hate on the trailer? They're made to show off characters and never reveal the entire moveset. Hyped for this guy, he was great in the story.
It's disjointed. Terrible cuts. The trailer cuts in between individual moves. It doesn't really show anything. I mean...MK11, Tekken 7, etc have 10x better trailers. We aren't asking for smash bros level but this.....lol

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.webp

I meant Asuka, the one that's been That Man for like 20 years. Ffs Ishiwatari
It's actually been hinted that multiple people have taken the mantle of "That Man" for a while now. Asuka is the one that created Justice and lead to the Crusades. Happy Chaos is the one that did shit like kill Baiken's parents

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually been hinted that multiple people have taken the mantle of "That Man" for a while now. Asuka is the one that created Justice and lead to the Crusades. Happy Chaos is the one that did shit like kill Baiken's parents

I knew GG lore was dumb but come the fuck on.

99nikniht

Oct 28, 2017
I'm more interested and hopeful for a balance patch that buffs some of the weaker characters and tone down some others like Sol.