Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Recently got the itch again, damn this game is just the pinnacle of MMO immersion, imo.

Thinking of trying out engineer, scrapper seems really cool.
How is the spec in terms of fun? From my understanding it's a lot of support via gyros which function like portable wells, which seems pretty neat.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Recently got the itch again, damn this game is just the pinnacle of MMO immersion, imo.

Thinking of trying out engineer, scrapper seems really cool.
How is the spec in terms of fun? From my understanding it's a lot of support via gyros which function like portable wells, which seems pretty neat.
Scrapper is a reliable power damage dealer, as well you can specialize in healing too! It's one of the professions that can reliably provide quickness, a crucial boon to deal more damage in encounters.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Picked the Branded Roller Beetle, and Stormscale Skyscale skins for my drop

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I picked the corvid griffin because I don't like the default griffin face, and can't decide between the two skimmers. They are both super cute, though the glowy tentacles are probably gonna cinch it for the glaucus.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
unknown.png

Cute skimmer

Deleted member 9183

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just noticed today that the rock where we took a photo of the GAF Guild back in 2014 isn't the same anymore. The peak is different, and it now has houses built on the sides when it was bare before.

5lbXiTl.jpg

8WzrAq9.jpg

Anyway, a good excuse to reminisce and share something old.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
I just noticed today that the rock where we took a photo of the GAF Guild back in 2014 isn't the same anymore. The peak is different, and it now has houses built on the sides when it was bare before.

5lbXiTl.jpg

8WzrAq9.jpg

Anyway, a good excuse to reminisce and share something old.
I remember that picture, and I remember not being in it because I couldn't get up there before it was taken.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if allowed, but if anyone have an extra Prime code for the Hearts of Thorns and Path of Fire 50% discount code that they don't need, please let me know me :)

1 gift from nano

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from nano nano!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

nano said:
You must redeem the 50% Off Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire & Heart of Thorns Standard Edition code by 30 September 2021; otherwise, it will expire. 50% off code is only valid for the Standard Edition of the game.

Follow these instructions to redeem your game discount:

1. Go to this page.
  2. Select Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire & Heart of Thorns Standard Edition.
  3. Click Check Out.
  4. Click Apply a Promo Code.
  5. Enter your promo code into the 'Promo code' field.
  6. Click Apply and you'll see the 50% off discount.

These are our awesome prizes:

• PC PC: 50% Off Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire & HoT

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
www.guildwars2.com

Studio Update: World Restructuring and the Future of World vs. World – GuildWars2.com

The first World Restructuring beta event begins on September 24.

Sounds like some significant changes are on the way for World vs World matchmaking. As long as I still get to log in and quickly earn my daily rewards and that Bronze armor chest weekly, I'm fine with whatever. It's not like SBI is in a good position in WvW now anyway.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
That functionality is actually really cool, it will try to match you with people who play during your active hours, etc. Really sweet

Damn the WvW update stuff down the article sounds really promising. They really recognize this mode is unique among all MMOs now.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Just beat heart of thorns.

I just want to say I really hate how the mastery system locks you out of the story. It keeps making me grind events before I can proceed with the story.

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Just beat heart of thorns.

I just want to say I really hate how the mastery system locks you out of the story. It keeps making me grind events before I can proceed with the story.
Mistakes were made, they listen to gamers, it's not like not in PoF, the problem is they built the entire game around mastery system and story and can't be undone, they made some changes though, season 3, PoF, season 4, and Ice Brood Saga has nothing blocking story..

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Currently half-way through Living World Season 2. Dry Top & Silverwaste are a lot of fun. Really enjoying these lvl 80 maps so far!
I am going at a slow pace, but now I am already questioning if I can even make it til End of Dragons launch story-wise. We will see. 5 months left. =D

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Mistakes were made, they listen to gamers, it's not like not in PoF, the problem is they built the entire game around mastery system and story and can't be undone, they made some changes though, season 3, PoF, season 4, and Ice Brood Saga has nothing blocking story..

I know that PoF required the Raptor big jump upgrade, so there's that.

Also didn't LW3 require some masteries? Or maybe I'm thinking about something else. I feel like in the 6th map you had to have the slingshot mastery to get up to some areas.

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Need some advice. I am mostly using exotic equipments atm (some are green). Which piece of equipment should I focus on upgrading first?

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I've been pretty excited about most of the elite specs so far, but man the armor/weapons they keep showing off seem really bad. Idk what I don't like about them.

Deleted member 9183

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Bladesworn is just wearing the precursor to the legendary armor from raids.

I am biased towards anything Warrior, but I definitely think it is the coolest looking elite spec so far.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Was having a tough choice picking what to use my 80 boost on, but I'm definitely gonna boost a Warrior now.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
As an ele main(at the moment), I'm super-curious about the hammer. Really hoping it's not another melee spec.