Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
She was only 7 years old?

I could have sworn that cat had been around longer than that.

Man, I think I'm more saddened by this than by any other celebrity death since Terry Pratchett.

You're remembering it wrong. Grumpy Cat was 7 and mainly spread because of social media.

Maybe Keyboard Cat?

I saw a lot of his memes on icanhascheeburger back when Facebook was in its infancy. I mainly browsed that site between classes since Facebook didn't really pick up that much in my country at least.

No idea about Grumpy in twitter, but a lot of the memes I saw of Grumpy came from the cheeseburger site or sites similar to it.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's now in kitty heaven with keyboard cat and cheezburger cat.

We still have crying cat for meme purposes though. Don't know if serious cat or longcat are still alive either.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, the owners must have adored that wee bastard and be devastated. It made them millions.

I loved my wee cat that died recently and i was destroyed, and she was a total cunt.

Chixdiggit

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wow only 7?
Bit off topic but do different breeds of cats have different life expectancy like dogs? We had a cat growing up that almost lived to 20.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw a lot of his memes on icanhascheeburger back when Facebook was in its infancy. I mainly browsed that site between classes since Facebook didn't really pick up that much in my country at least.

No idea about Grumpy in twitter, but a lot of the memes I saw of Grumpy came from the cheeseburger site or sites similar to it.
Facebook definitely wasn't "in its infancy" when this cat was born (and got popular a few months later). Facebook had over a billion users in 2012, and had already bought Instagram for example.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Such a young cat, too. Definitely one of the most recognizable faces of the Internet, and it's a cat actually. Poor thing.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
RIP grump. Amazing that her owner used to be a waitress and is now worth $100 million. Got to respect the hustle.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
RIP Tardar Sauce, and at such a fairly young age for a cat. One of the OG memes of the current decade, and one that wasn't so quickly forgotten after a few weeks.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
She was too expensive to appear on Last Week Tonight. I don't look too fondly on owners exploiting their pet like that. I feel sad about the cat, of course.

You could argue that going cheaper and having more media visits would more more exploiting. Rather them doing fewer of those forced moments because I can imagine they can be rather stressful for the animals as they have no idea what's going on. I would obviously rather prefer them not having TV appearances and cameos and whatnot. But whatever, you can't blame them.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
7b5.jpg

Doris Day, Tim Conway, Grumpy Cat this week has taken some icons.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had the pleasure of meeting Grumpy Cat at a charity do once. She was surprisingly down to earth, and VERY funny.