• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Why are you censoring Dardan Sandiego? Don't you believe in free speech and the marketplace of ideas?
They didn't tell you? Its only free speech and the marketplace of ideas are only for speech and ideas that they agree with. Everything else can be censored to Oblivion for all they care.

Deleted member 55311

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 26, 2019
Greg sure does use the "well I don't know much about this topic" card a lot on controversial topics. Willfully ignorant and unable to make an actual stand.

THANK YOU. He has done this for years and I wasn't sure if anybody else noticed. He is so focused on potential opportunities and the clicks/cash that he won't take a firm stance on anything negative. If he points out that someone did something wrong his company may lose subs, interview opportunities, etc. Remember No Man's Sky? Pretty clear case of lying to consumers before release right? He did everything he could to dance around saying that the dev lied. Why? Maybe that guy is going to make another popular game someday. Wouldn't want him to say "no" to coming on the show right?

This is nothing new for him. This time he just happened to hand-wave something that is so obviously evil that he won't be able to stay silent and play stupid

Last edited:

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not to defend, but to add some context - In Sweden (and scandinavia for that matter) it wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility that older generations outright use the n-word in their local language to describe someone of colour. It doesn't have the same social stigma I guess. I mean we have both pastries with the n-word in its name and a icecream with a o instead of an i in the name for example.
I know he's banned and it's been a couple of pages, but I had to ask: is this the new pdp-defense to call him a 70 year old who never used internet?

because, wow...

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Saying "Fuck bigotry" is not meaningful. Obviously every non-villainous person shares that general sentiment. Actually making a statement that bigotry is not to be tolerated, and then taking action true to that statement, is a separate and more important thing.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't tell you? Its only free speech and the marketplace of ideas are only for speech and ideas that they agree with. Everything else can be censored to Oblivion for all they care.

'Let me just watch these privileged white people saying dumb shit on repeat with a fine comb looking for excuses and write them emails asking for their PR clarification, while i just lazily press the ignore button on this other person saying things i don't wanna hear.'

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Saying "Fuck bigotry" is not meaningful. Obviously every non-villainous person shares that general sentiment. Actually making a statement that bigotry is not to be tolerated, and then taking action true to that statement, is a separate and more important thing.
Yep.

Saying fuck bigotry is one thing. But then this is the follow up: What is Bigotry?

To answer "Well..." and equivocating like Greg and Andrea have done when faced with examples is to excuse hatred.

Don't do it.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
Going by the OP they both come off as ignorant and flippant of the situations. And Andreas's comment about supporting PDP because he's the heart of youtube and Europeans don't know the context of the N-word and use it a lot WTF?! I'm calling bullshit on that. The Europeans who do use it know it's racist.

Both of them need to read up more on facts and have some damn empathy.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Why are you censoring Dardan Sandiego? Don't you believe in free speech and the marketplace of ideas?
Believing in free speech and sharing discourse I believe in. engaging someone who has no intent on hearing your perspective especially when your post have shown you are shakey on the subject and is going for witty remarks and sneak dissing is not something I condone. As I know the veil of anonymity gives people free rain to antagonize people and toss vitriolic rhetoric around all Willy nilly. I've got no time for it. If you want to talk do so if you want to trade clever combacks miss me with that. Y'all don't me cooking in here anyways. I promise.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After watching the video, Greg Miller comes across as someone who doesn't have the spine to speak up when the situation warrants it. You can pretty clearly see him progressively steer the conversation into a safe space for both of them when even the slightest hint of controversy or disagreement arises. Andrea Rene, on the other hand, comes across as catastrophically dumb. Like, how do you even manage to tie your fucking shoelaces in the morning dumb. Be more courageous and less abjectly stupid video game media. We've been asking for that for the better part of the last decade.
Yup. They're both spineless, amoral cowards, but Andrea is really adamant to prove how ignorant she is. Just shocking.

Also pewdiepie LIVES on the internet, so anyone who pulls the "he's European, he doesn't know better" is 100% full of A-grade bull shit. Also he lives in England.

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Believing in free speech and sharing discourse I believe in. engaging someone who has no intent on hearing your perspective especially when your post have shown you are shakey on the subject and is going for witty remarks and sneak dissing is not something I condone. As I know the veil of anonymity gives people free rain to antagonize people and toss vitriolic rhetoric around all Willy nilly. I've got no time for it. If you want to talk do so if you want to trade clever combacks miss me with that. Y'all don't me cooking in here anyways. I promise.

Anyone who gives the time of day to any of the nonsense these two idiots spout in this video deserves nothing less than derision. And that's my full, well thought out opinion with no shakiness on it. I'm fucking sick and tired to my very bones of idiots excusing bigotry. I've had a lifetime of bellies full of it. As far as i'm concerned, anyone who excuses a bigot is no better than a bigot themselves and any and all criticism they receive is self-inflicted and well deserved.

MrChillaxx

Banned
Jan 13, 2018
"Just Whacky comments, bro!"

Holy mother of jesus, you can't make this stuff up, i sincerely hope no one gives these two the benefit of the doubt and stops giving them clicks. Horrible people.

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Drive-By Trolling; History of Similar Behavior
Why are people bundling PDP with notch? PDP is a better person.

Redfox088

Banned
May 31, 2018
Anyone who gives the time of day to any of the nonsense these two idiots spout in this video deserves nothing less than derision. And that's my full, well thought out opinion with no shakiness on it. I'm fucking sick and tired to my very bones of idiots excusing bigotry. I've had a lifetime of bellies full of it. As far as i'm concerned, anyone who excuses a bigot is no better than a bigot themselves and any and all criticism they receive is self-inflicted and well deserved.
Ok.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
All of this is incredibly disappointing.

Andrea said some people were adding context on why PDP used it was that because he was Swedish and doesn't understand the connotation of that word; She added she had heard from a lot of Europeans that they use that word - both her and greg shout "that's bad, that's not cool that's not cool, you should stop that!". She said PDP apologized for it, and he's not gonna do it again so its ok now.

And this is just upsetting. Andrea, if 'a lot of Europeans' have told you that Europeans use that word then you've been speaking to racists. Yes, Europeans use that word. Racist Europeans. Everyone knows the context of that term. Europe isn't some ignorant exotic no-racism haven.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, LebGuns--

I'm sorry that you walked away from this episode thinking that I didn't take a stand on this. I'd hope that my past efforts on all of these issues would speak to my stance on them, but if they haven't, let me be clear: fuck being a bigot.

In the episode, I say never say the N-word, I say that Notch seems like an asshole, and I echo the message I've said on so many shows of "be better to each other." If that wasn't clear, I missed the mark and failed at being the man I want to be. End of story.

The conversation I was trying to have Monday wasn't "Why does the internet got to be so complicated when people get successful?" in regards to people who use the n-word. Fuck that. That's simple. It was more "How is this a lesson people have to learn in 2019?"

But again, that didn't ring true to you. I'm sorry.

I hope you know how much your comments mean to me. That goes for everyone here. Please, don't hesitate to tag me in posts about my content or ask me questions online. Talking to you is what my career is based on -- it's why I used You're Wrong (the live submission section of Kinda Funny Games Daily) in this episode to get the input from viewers about the side of the story I was missing.

I don't know it all. I try not to act like I know it all, but I don't mean for that to come off as if I don't care about or shrug at bigotry.
Greg
I don't see how anyone could have any problems with this response.

Thank you for taking the time to clarify things even late on a weeknight.

Sep 12, 2018
Why are people bundling PDP with notch? PDP is a better person.
tenor.gif

Oct 30, 2017
All of this is incredibly disappointing.

And this is just upsetting. Andrea, if 'a lot of Europeans' have told you that Europeans use that word then you've been speaking to racists. Yes, Europeans use that word. Racist Europeans. Everyone knows the context of that term. Europe isn't some ignorant exotic no-racism haven.
Yeah, this defence is hilarious. I heard some Europeans use a racist, dehumanising word, so it's okay this one dude did over and over again.

Get out of here with that shit. Dude is a racist moron.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
"Just Whacky comments, bro!"

Holy mother of jesus, you can't make this stuff up, i sincerely hope no one gives these two the benefit of the doubt and stops giving them clicks. Horrible people.

Yup

If anyone ever asks you what the big deal with "normalizing" bogotry is, I can point to this clip now. Andrea was clearly taking the position that MS was trying to gin up controversy/ clicks by publicly "uninviting" notch because he said "mean or whacky" things on Twitter. But the actual series of events seems to be that MS planned the anniversary event and then was asked by journos about why notch wasn't included. That's the actual story apparently, and Andrea/Greg dont seem to have done their homework before blathering on about SJWs and "both sides" bullshit

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And with this EVERY winner of trending Gamer is a subhuman shit-heel.
Jesus motherfucking Christ.

One thing is to fumble a segment (and fumble he did), which he already came here to clarify to us. And another is to come here and call Greg Miller "a subhuman shit-heel". And some of you here get offended because some of us think there's people here "out for blood". Guess what? Calling Greg that qualifies as such.

If he's that then what's Notch? Leave those insults for people that truly deserve them.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Yep. Excusing bigotry implicitly supports it, so get the fuck out of here with that shit.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck 'em both. At best they're completely ignorant on subjects that they should make a modicum of effort to educate themselves over, at worst they're sympathetic to the racist/transphobic sentiment coming out of these hateful individuals.

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Jesus motherfucking Christ.

One thing is to fumble a segment, which he already came here to respond to us and clarify. But another is to come here and call Greg Miller a subhuman shit-heel. And some of you here get offended because some of us think there's people here "out for blood". Guess what? Calling Greg that qualifies as such.

If he's that then what's Notch? Leave those insults for people that truly deserve them.

Well said. I don't particularly like Miller's on air personality but I don't think he is a bad person, let alone sub-human.

Deleted member 55311

Banned
Mar 26, 2019
As an European Black man: Bullshit. Absolute bullshit. If Europeans do not know the connotation of that word, how come that there are European versions of it?
How come that Europeans, who at one point owned all of Africa, don't know the connotation behind a word that originated from slavery?

What a bullshit excuse

"European Black man"

What is that like? I'm from the US. I couldn't imagine living somewhere like that. Do they really think there is no racism over there (i.e. do they ignore and downplay it) like certain parts of the internet suggest? Are there black communities? Have you been to the States? If yes: Do you see a difference in the way people treat you?
Please ignore this question if you aren't comfortable with it. I'm just curious.

Palette Swap

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone using the "but it's different in Europe" defense is a racist and/or an absolute moron, and they can fuck off into the sun.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised Miller did the bare minimum in researching and tackling this topic. And as for Rene, this shit honestly doesn't surprise me. Both seem like they'd rather turn a blind eye to stuff like this than risk burning any bridges.

hEist

Oct 26, 2017
Greg's comments uhhh
honestly, If you don't have the time to inform you about a topic, THEN DON'T TALK ABOUT IT INFRONT OF AN AUDIENCE. How hard is it? Do your due diligence else: better say nothing.

and Andrea's comments: YIKES.
would like to see "Notch's tweets were taken completely out of context analysis" by her. Show me some receipts, I guess you will not find any or even try to find them.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Privileged centrist white ppl say shit, news at at 11

Anyone will become a piece of shit if its to protect their gravy train, and ppl in the gaming influencer industry are no different

If they think protecting a shitty guy like Notch is acceptable than you gotta wonder what else are they comfortable with handwaving

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised Miller did the bare minimum in researching and tackling this topic. And as for Rene, this shit honestly doesn't surprise me. Both seem like they'd rather turn a blind eye to stuff like this than risk burning any bridges.
Quick to say fuck bigotry, not so quick to say fuck the bigots that are working in a shared industry.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well said. I don't particularly like Miller's on air personality but I don't think he is a bad person, let alone sub-human.
We can call him out and criticize him when he fucks up without calling him sub-human, for chrissakes, Era. Greg ain't an alt-righter or anything remotely close to that.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Super depressing seeing Kinda Funny like this.

I can't speak for Andrea since I've hardly seen her stuff and only know her from scant KF appearance years ago before she joined them. (She says something to the effect of "Notch is known for saying whacky stuff." Jesus. Fucking. Christ.)

Greg, on the other hand, was trying too hard to not be a negative person that he basically went into centrism mode. I used to watch his content everyday for years (KF, Podcast Beyond, Up At Noon, etc) and Greg is admirable in that he tries to be a positive person because he knows how much shit and negativity there is online everyday that we have to parse through.

This isn't defending him, I still think he made a mistake. But this wasn't him being revealed, like so many actual pieces of shit in the games community/industry, to be a terrible person.

I think he simply tried so hard to not be a part of whats wrong with this medium, he forgot to take a stand against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.