• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deepo

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Works fine here with voucher code NEW10

fRoP38k.png

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably too early still to say definitively whether EGS influences third-party discounts on pre-orders or not. We already have evidence that generic GMG coupons work on Borderlands 3, so I'd take that as a good sign. Wait until closer to release and if there still aren't promos on Borderlands 3, then it's probably worth wondering what the reason for this is. Even then, it could just be 2K policy, rather than some weird EGS regulation.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
NEW12 for 12% discount for Deluxe/Super Deluxe.
NEW10 for 10% of regular

only for VIPs.

I guess that's something, but nothing compared to up to 20~40% non-egs games get.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
10% discounts aren't anything to sniff at for new games, IMHO.
I understand it's less than what you'll get for some steam games, but that's the price to pay when dev cuts increase.

GMG regularly gives 20-30% off discounts for preorders. DMC, RE2 ans MK11 all had pretty large preorder discounts.

Also 10% is $8 in Canada. $8 is $8 I'm not made of money ill take what discount I can get.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
$110 USD with a 12% discount available for VIPs.
That's the most expensive digital video game I've ever seen, and one of the smallest discounts GMG have offered.

Typical price here is ~$30 for a new game. Fuck Epic.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
GMG is notable for occasionally offering store-wide discount codes. I wonder if EGS games are exempt? If not, this could be the only real way to get a deal on these games.
I doubt the site wide coupons will work with any EGS code, there aren't the margins available with Steam or Uplay codes to get a typical 20-26% off discount. The current 10% off coupon for VIP users will be about the max you can expect.

Does the monthly Humble Bundle 10% off discount work on EGS codes?

Last edited:

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
If third party stores can not offer EGS keys at the same prices they sell keys from other platforms, then whether they offer them or not doesn't really matter.
I'm not interested in paying more for a game because it's on EGS.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forgive me for the seemingly out of the blue question, but are you from Argentina? (as the flag on your profile picture would indicate). Because if you are, then you won't be able to buy the game on GMG.
I am from Bangladesh originally but I live in NY now. Argentina flag is there because of fifa 18 World Cup, they are my favorite team.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Good step.

Now, add achievements and maybe I'll look into buying some EGS games during the holiday sales (if the discounts are good).

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Not gonna reply individually to everyone but I swear some of you are transparent as heck.

From 'EGS doesn't allow third party site sales!' To 'lol no discount? What's the point?' To '10%? Pfft that's nothing.' Just say you hate the EGS and nothing they do will change your mind despite them taking away this list of complaints against their service.
its almost like there are multiple intertwined issues and only some of them have been resolved

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Not gonna reply individually to everyone but I swear some of you are transparent as heck.

From 'EGS doesn't allow third party site sales!' To 'lol no discount? What's the point?' To '10%? Pfft that's nothing.' Just say you hate the EGS and nothing they do will change your mind despite them taking away this list of complaints against their service.

Yeah, people shouldn't complain if they have to pay more for their games because of business deals. It's ridiculous!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Is the 10% off deal for VIP members dead? Not seeing the discount anymore. :(
Yeah it's dead. Maybe the discount wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, wouldn't surprise me, lol. Considering some publishers are only giving 14-15% discounts (instead of 20-26%) for Steam or Uplay games, I would be really surprised if 10% off will be readily available for EGS releases. Might be limited to a single day sale like some of the 25-28% discounts for pre-orders.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If people don't like the 10% off... wait.

The game has four months until release. That's plenty of time for a deeper discount.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Humble Bundle now carries Borderlands 3 too, but there's a catch:

- With reduced cashback (1.2% vs normal 4/5%)
- With reduced charity (1.5% vs normal 5%).
- 10% discount for monthly subscribers does not apply

7Kxv9Rf.png

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Step in the right direction, even more if there is a small discount. I don't expect 20% off on EGS given the larger cut to publisher. Still better than nothing pre-release.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Humble Bundle now carries Borderlands 3 too, but there's a catch:

- With reduced cashback (1.2% vs normal 4/5%)
- With reduced charity (1.5% vs normal 5%).
- 10% discount for monthly subscribers does not apply

7Kxv9Rf.png

So just doing this to tick the check box, "allow EGS keys on third party stores"

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely looks like some kind of deal with Epic that comes with ridiculous restrictions so that normal discounts don't apply. This is not free key generation for publishers.

Even Ubisoft (for the games that Epic didn't money-hat), Bethesda and Activision-Blizzard are fine with these stores taking their usual rate even though buying through their launcher's own store would get them more money. This is ridiculously greedy from Epic.

Oct 25, 2017
I did. I don't see how my statement is any less true?
Epic is currently making deals that force these two stores to give less benefits for consumers. This isn't something they can "improve over time" with, this is something that they should not be doing at all in the first place.

Isn't this situation less that Epic is being greedy and more that Valve is generous with the free key generation? Free key generation is not a standard offered by any other major platform holder as far as I know for obvious reasons. Keys cost money on consoles, for example.
Yes, Valve is more generous and that's the problem here! It's a major reason why Epic's current business is a bad thing for consumers and why Epic is not "just another launcher" like many claim it to be.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
No discount? Pretty rare to see a preorder on GMG without at least 10% off. :/
Wonder why it is not discounted?

I see a 10% discount. I'm signed in if that matters.
GMG got rid of a lot of heavy discounts for a while now after they started some membership thing, iirc. I haven't shopped there in 2 years.

?

I bought Mortal Kombat 11 at 28% off just yesterday.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Epic is currently making deals that force these two stores to give less benefits for consumers. This isn't something they can "improve over time" with, this is something that they should not be doing at all in the first place.

Yes, Valve is more generous and that's the problem here! It's a major reason why Epic's current business is a bad thing for consumers and why Epic is not "just another launcher" like many claim it to be.

If that's the case then yeah that's shitty. I don't know why Epic doesn't just copy steam instead of doing all this bullshit.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case then yeah that's shitty. I don't know why Epic doesn't just copy steam instead of doing all this bullshit.
That would require effort. It's far easier just to toss money around for exclusives and do token gestures (like full priced 3rd party sales with reduced benefits) to make it seem like you're doing something of value.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
That would require effort. It's far easier just to toss money around for exclusives and do token gestures (like full priced 3rd party sales with reduced benefits) to make it seem like you're doing something of value.

I think Epic would love to make the deep discounts PC gamers are used to a thing of the past.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Basically what I've been saying all along. A 12% cut means you can say goodbye to meaningful discounts anymore. That was the real store competition Steam was bringing with free key generation and this is what we should get rid of for the "Epic Store competition".

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I guess when people have been sceptical about how Valve's policies related to Steam keys are beneficial to users, this is a good demonstration of why they are.

I imagine it's not Epic that have insisted on this, my guess is the decision came from the publisher, but perhaps the publisher's decisions have been impacted by Epic's policies related to keys etc have led to this decision being made on the publisher's end. Unless of course this becomes a pattern that is repeated in future games in similar circumstances.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so this is going back to my original concern. There will be little to no store competition for pricing.

I figured this would be the case...why would publishers want to give up their 12 percent cut.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Really disappointed there's no 10% discount on humble. Part of the reason I subscribed this month was because I figured I would be able to use the 10% off on the Super Deluxe Edition. Damn.