• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Would probably look at getting this but Best Buy doesn't have options for pickup or online order. Shame.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dansgaming is playing it on Twitch right now.

I turned it off because I think I'm now sold. I think this game is going to be solid. I'll find out for myself when I play it, in any case.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the expectations that this game will fill the void where Bioware used to be doesn't end up biting this game in the ass.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this is good, might play it after finishing what i'm currently playing

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ya the response on Twitch is insanely positive even after the less than amazing looking starting.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm just waiting for the reviews right now, merely out of curiosity to see what the scores'll be like :P

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible to think how in just a few years, Spiders have gone from the pretty atrocious Bound By Flame, to me getting incredibly hyped and waiting for work tomorrow to be over so I can start playing this.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Got my gmg key.

Preloaded and ready. I have a good feeling about this game even if it doesnt review well. Just like Dragon's Dogma.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Must be 30 hours in now and I don't think I'm that far into the main story. So many side missions and extra things to do.

Having a blast levelling up and improving my character.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Must be 30 hours in now and I don't think I'm that far into the main story. So many side missions and extra things to do.

Having a blast levelling up and improving my character.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Also don't let the opening part put you off. It just serves as an introduction and things get more exciting when you make it to the island.

It also took me a while to get the hang of the combat. You have to learn the double dodge which allows you to roll away from attacks.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
I hope the expectations that this game will fill the void where Bioware used to be doesn't end up biting this game in the ass.
Totally agree.

There are so many of us that want this kind of game to succeed - especially as other companies are moving away from it - but Spiders next highly-regarded game will be their first.
I'm hoping for fun. If its better than that, than good on Spiders.

Feb 21, 2019
I preordered this as well and its on the way. There are too many cool ideas (and that artstyle), that I think will finally make up for some of the jank that has plagued these types of games in the past.

Basically, all I want is The Brotherhood of the Wolf: The Game. Looks like I might get it!

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I mean it's not AAA. You can't compare it to games developed by ubisoft etc.

50 people worked on this game and frankly I'm amazed what they have achieved.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
How are the skill trees/abilities? Legit trees where you can mold a build? Substantial upgrades that change your playstyle?

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK

Pitcairn55

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to persuade myself not to stay up until midnight just to have a quick look at it when it unlocks. Because knowing me I'll still be dicking around in the character creator at 2am, and I've got work in the morning.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Global ranking on steam is like #2. Looks like people really wanted this type of game.

On PC, this is one of the biggest single-player titles of the season. (not the year, since early on we had Sekiro, Resi 2 and DMC5)

Most of the heavy hitters (Gears, Borderlands, and Breakpoint) are more multi/co-op focused. The only major SP headliners are Outer Worlds and Fallen Order.

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
How are the skill trees/abilities? Legit trees where you can mold a build? Substantial upgrades that change your playstyle?
I would say so yes. I'm a magic user and started out rather plodding, letting the companions have all the fun, but I've suddenly gotten access to a much better ring and to some fast dodges and magic melee attacks which make combat far more exciting. I could go more aggressive or more controlling, or put points into other techniques such as traps, bombs, and firearms (leaving aside all the melee options). It's also hard to decide which talents to upgrade.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't bloody wait to play it. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until a week after release :(.

Could anyone on PC try if TexMod works with the game once it's out? Really wanna mod Vasco's tattoos.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I planned on buying it after reviews but I cracked! Bought and preload just finished, comments about hoping Spiders can invoke old bioware/Bethesda greatness wanted me to find out for myself day one.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
I captured some insane bitrate video of this running on the Pro. Ended up being this massive 56gb video for YouTube but it's no commentary so enjoy. Review will be up soon as well.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I planned on buying it after reviews but I cracked! Bought and preload just finished, comments about hoping Spiders can invoke old bioware/Bethesda greatness wanted me to find out for myself day one.

Same. It's not like I'm hurting for things to play, but after hearing this initial impressions and catching a bit of that streamer, I pulled the trigger.