• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
LOPk0d3.gif

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing can flop worse than Knack 2, and at least the Gravity Rush franchise has a respectable reputation amongst critics, so it's got that going for it.
Yeah i guess... but didn't the game director imply that he wasn't interested in doing more GR games?, instead he wanted to work on something different?... or maybe i'm just misremembering.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds of us getting GR3?... better or worse than getting Knack 3?
Knack 3 for sure. Knack 2 has probably sold more than GR1 and 2 combined.

And Toyama just doesn't want to work on the series right now, he seems to want to do something new. Sony Japan, and Cerny, still seem to see more potential in Knack.

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get what is so jarring with Gravity Rush compared to other anime style games that sell better.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It was? In the US I assume. I got my copy from Saturn in Germany. It was sold in every electronics retailer.
Yeah, they sell the game in various stores in the Netherlands as well. I'm pretty sure I saw it at the MediaMarkt back when I still dismissed it as a dumb puzzle game (what the fuck was I even thinking back then?) and they still sell it at dedicated gameshops for good decent prices.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
In the US you could only get it physically on Amazon, Sony also didn't market it at all.

Then again they didn't market GR2 either.

Wow that's dumb. I remember they had a really clever clip for GR2 on their Japanese YouTube channel. And there was a Facebook page (I think itbwas the French one?) that showed the whole page upside down as a marketing gag.
I might remember some stuff wrong, but there was some clever marketing for GR2. It just wasn't enough in terms of quantity.

Yeah, they sell the game in various stores in the Netherlands as well. I'm pretty sure I saw it at the MediaMarkt back when I still dismissed it as a dumb puzzle game (what the fuck was I even thinking back then?) and they still sell it at dedicated gameshops for good decent prices.

I got mine for 13€.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's dumb. I remember they had a really clever clip for GR2 on their Japanese YouTube channel. And there was a Facebook page (I think itbwas the French one?) that showed the whole page upside down as a marketing gag.
I might remember some stuff wrong, but there was some clever marketing for GR2. It just wasn't enough in terms of quantity.

Yea the UK social media tried a little bit. And Japan did that cute live action trailer. US on the other hand, I don't remember anything.

---

It's honestly a stroke of luck that I even got into this franchise lol

Just happened to see a review, saw you got gravity powers, and I was sold.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Yea the UK social media tried a little bit. And Japan did that cute live action trailer. US on the other hand, I don't remember anything.

---

It's honestly a stroke of luck that I even got into this franchise lol

Just happened to see a review, saw you got gravity powers, and I was sold.
I saw this gif
2Wh5y4A.gif

and was sold immediately.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I actually made a LTTP thread on NeoGAF when I finished GR:Remastered and started the thread with that gif. And you were one of the few people who replied to that thread Lotus :p

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished the game "episode 20"
and finished all side quests, but i am still at %90 of story.

I saw a glowing girl near my home, how to find her?
and where syd?

Skeeter49

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the game "episode 20"
and finished all side quests, but i am still at %90 of story.

I saw a glowing girl near my home, how to find her?
and where syd?
I believe you go to the areas that have conversation icons, those yellow icons If memory serves.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
I believe you go to the areas that have conversation icons, those yellow icons If memory serves.
Oh thanks, time to search for them.

I saw several online treasure hunt missions in my way to do side quests, and they was easy hunt, not like when i go to option menu then announcements then online missions, but finding those people was pure luck.

also i hate the side mission when you have to put crates and stuff on float car to move them, i don't think i will ever finish it under a minute, i barely finished it and still have 10 seconds remaining.

Oct 25, 2017
Since the servers are extended I've slowed down and actually started enjoying the game and I love it, Kat is such a great character, I need to buy the remaster so I can play it again on PS4, while I loved it on the vita the smaller screen doesn't do the flying justice.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Platinum almost a year later! I'm not sure how you're supposed to power Kat up completely without save scumming, but whatever, it's done. Weirdly, grinding the lunar jumping in mission 19 wasn't nearly as tedious as I thought it'd be. Kat just wants to flyyyyyyyyyy

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I saw several online treasure hunt missions in my way to do side quests, and they was easy hunt, not like when i go to option menu then announcements then online missions, but finding those people was pure luck.
Those yellow shades you mean? Those are tied to the invitations in the Announcements menu actually.

It's kind of weird, but they didn't spawn for me in the beginning of the game even if I did receive treasure hunt invites, but after a certain story mission (I'm not sure which. Maybe chapter 8 or 9?) I suddenly encountered them in the game world and they even got icons on the map to show you where they are (it sort of looks like a nuclear icon).

It's really handy, because you can just start the treasure hunt by talking to them and when you found the treasure, you can continue playing where you left of without the game teleporting you back to the Banga fleet/your pipe house.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just finished GRR tonight. Ready to start GR2 but the story in 1 feeling unfinished made me wonder if GR2 was planned all along. Imagine we never got a sequel?

Random question but do you ever find out who Alias is in GR2? There's a dream sequence in GR1 where Kat finds out, is shocked since it's suggested that it's someone she knows, but the player never sees his (?) face before she wakes up.

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Just finished GRR tonight. Ready to start GR2 but the story in 1 feeling unfinished made me wonder if GR2 was planned all along. Imagine we never got a sequel?

Random question but do you ever find out who Alias is in GR2? There's a dream sequence in GR1 where Kat finds out, is shocked since it's suggested that it's someone she knows, but the player never sees his (?) face before she wakes up.
Without saying anything specific: yes, you do. Pretty much all of the loose ends introduced are tied up by the time GR2 ends.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, GR2 has pretty much the opposite extreme of that issue.

There's what feels like 2 games' worth of plot in there, perhaps without the pacing you'd want for that during the middle stretch of it. Ends real well, though.

...also in typing this, unable to fall back asleep at 5 in the morning, I finally remembered that I have that Raven DLC to play once I finish the side stuff I have left. Gonna try to Plat the game as well but I should probably play that first.

EDIT: Still not asleep, I checked a trophy guide since I wanted to know what's ahead of me for getting the Plat and... crap, mining related trophies. I should have known. I ignored all those events because mining seemed so boring (and the one day I tried, both were just hard bosses I couldn't kill?) so I guess there's gonna be a couple weeks where I just turn on the game when I get home each night and check what events are up.

Last edited:

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah, GR2 has pretty much the opposite extreme of that issue.

There's what feels like 2 games' worth of plot in there, perhaps without the pacing you'd want for that during the middle stretch of it. Ends real well, though.

...also in typing this, unable to fall back asleep at 5 in the morning, I finally remembered that I have that Raven DLC to play once I finish the side stuff I have left. Gonna try to Plat the game as well but I should probably play that first.

EDIT: Still not asleep, I checked a trophy guide since I wanted to know what's ahead of me for getting the Plat and... crap, mining related trophies. I should have known. I ignored all those events because mining seemed so boring (and the one day I tried, both were just hard bosses I couldn't kill?) so I guess there's gonna be a couple weeks where I just turn on the game when I get home each night and check what events are up.

The mining trophies don't take that long, particularly if you're fairly powered up.

Normanski 2.0

Nov 21, 2017

That's right, the yellow girl you saw flying through the sewer is stood in various locations throughout the hub. Keep going to where the conversation icons are to speak to her, and after a couple of chats the next story mission will appear.

Voxels

Oct 27, 2017
Gravity rush was the first game I've platinumed in my whole career of psn. And without a guide too. Strangely the story, not the art or gameplay made me. I patiently waited for the sequel and got it but there are issue with the game that I wished were addressed initially. But then, I played/best the game again and found layers and layers of shit which is making GR2 one of my GOTG.

It's plays better than the original and although it's not as focused, I feel more and more that it was deliberate. Each side quest feels like the equivalent to fillers in an anime and then it hit me; that's basically what GR2 is. A playable anime sort of like MGS and just as complex. From politics to religion, philosophical views and scientific metaphysics to holographic universes, I'm glad people are taking another crack at it.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Those yellow shades you mean? Those are tied to the invitations in the Announcements menu actually.

It's kind of weird, but they didn't spawn for me in the beginning of the game even if I did receive treasure hunt invites, but after a certain story mission (I'm not sure which. Maybe chapter 8 or 9?) I suddenly encountered them in the game world and they even got icons on the map to show you where they are (it sort of looks like a nuclear icon).

It's really handy, because you can just start the treasure hunt by talking to them and when you found the treasure, you can continue playing where you left of without the game teleporting you back to the Banga fleet/your pipe house.
yes, they have nuclear icon, somehow i find them easier then the announcements menu.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
damn, the mission where you have to make 100 people follow you made the FPS drops to 15-20 FPS, and i am playing on PS4 Pro.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Yeah it was almost like Sony straight up didn't give a shit about GR. Such a confusing company sometimes.

On one hand they made a sequel for a niche vita exclusive. Then on the other they give it 0 marketing, dont support it, rarely have it go on sale, and plan to shut the servers off soon after release.

Miggy

Oct 25, 2017
The final third of the game could've been GR3 on it's own. I think this franchise was meant to be a trilogy.

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
Yeah it was almost like Sony straight up didn't give a shit about GR. Such a confusing company sometimes.

On one hand they made a sequel for a niche vita exclusive. Then on the other they give it 0 marketing, dont support it, rarely have it go on sale, and plan to shut the servers off soon after release.
The reality is that it was never going to sell. Too janky and repetitive.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
You just played the last section of the game, haven't you? :p
haha, speaking about that

i just finished the last battle, love it.
now i only have to...eh, forget about the racing, i hate it, time for the DLC

have some questions

so, who was alias? was he a machine? he was syd? but he died?
who was syd in hanksville in GR1 i am confused

also the ending

dAop20z.jpg

who was that? the cat or kat?
from the shadow it was the cat.

also, i need that costume in the end of the game, why they didn't include it?