• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

First time playing GTA V?

• Yes

Votes: 283 25.9%
  • No

Votes: 809 74.1%

• Total voters

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
i only Bought three Games on EPIC store (Star wars , D2 and WD2)

the rest are Free games xD

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Nice, was waiting to play this on PC to finish this, but never really wanted to spend money on it since I could technically play it on Xbox One via gameshare. Now I'll get some mods and and it'll run and look way better. Thanks epic.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
i only Bought three Games on EPIC store (Star wars , D2 and WD2)

the rest are Free games xD
Got em all myself since they started and only bought one, Borderlands 3. Was well after launch and I just couldn't wait, and had some friends playing so I pulled. Don't regret it, loved the game from start to finish.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Smart as hell.

A new batch of people to pour money into the MTX, but they get a great game for free.

I don´t think they expect to be getting mtx money from this, they are sending GTA Online to die, cheating is not that bad right now, but after the giveaway, will certain be in every server, Epic probably paid an absurd amount for it, game still top 15 in global top sellers on Steam.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
GTA5 on PS3 was the first game in the series I ever finished. Really enjoyed it! Friend at 2K sent me a PC code back around launch and I played it a little bit to check out the performance differences, which was significant. Even though I already have it for PC, I think this is a cool freebie!

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I'm quite pleased: I played it on PS3 and while it was amazing for the time, I saw the upgraded PS4 version and later on PC, I though I'd like to play it again, but prettier. This is good.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I always put off GTA V because I much prefer Saints Row and its character creator, but maybe I'll finally try.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
gnarly, they're really pulling out the big guns

Giving RDR2 would be pulling big guns not giving away 5 year old game that is sold everywhere for 10$ on sale and 30$ regularly.

Also fair warning to everyone who gets game for free on Epic store, GTA Online is full of cheaters that can compromise you and your accounts and things will only get worse with this giveaway. If you can stick to your friends.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giving RDR2 would be pulling big guns not giving away 5 year old game that is sold everywhere for 10$ on sale and 30$ regularly.

Also fair warning to everyone who gets game for free on Epic store, GTA Online is full of cheaters that can compromise you and your accounts and things will only get worse with this giveaway. If you can stick to your friends.
Or go into the world of private RP servers with FiveM. I mean GTAV is the #2 game on twitch by viewership and the vast majority of that is people playing on RP servers.

The Server I play on can have 256 people online per server. Server 1 is Los Santos and the GTAV map. Server 2 which is database Linked is Liberty City GTAIV map in the GTAV Engine. So people can go back and forth between cities etc

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
hmm tempted to actually redeem this one since I can probably just use Rockstar Launcher in the future

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Or go into the world of private RP servers with FiveM. I mean GTAV is the #2 game on twitch by viewership and the vast majority of that is people playing on RP servers.

Eh most people just want to have fun and not do RP. That is why it is big issue, especially now that cheaters can get free accounts.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Got em all myself since they started and only bought one, Borderlands 3. Was well after launch and I just couldn't wait, and had some friends playing so I pulled. Don't regret it, loved the game from start to finish.
well i won't buy any game there anymore and the reason i bought D2 and WD2 becouse the pricing in Uplay in € and in Epic is much cheaper for me
and Star wars was 13$ and i haven't played yet

Only bought Borderlands 3 with that coupon discount only costed about £16 plus you got Fortnite free borderlands bundle skin with it if you purchase through EGS
yeah i think there's a lot of people only Use the store for free Games like myself and even i didn't play them

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Damn I still have my PS4 copy sealed. Now I don't know which to play. Probably neither tbh...

smashballTaz

Oct 29, 2017
What's shitty about it? It's a perfectly fine launcher. Perhaps one day you might try it and see how OK it is.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Since it's going through Rockstar services, I assume online works between Steam/EGS?

Also, I'm interested in doing heists with friends. Are they available straight away or will I need to buy something more or grind levels?

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's going through Rockstar services, I assume online works between Steam/EGS?

Also, I'm interested in doing heists with friends. Are they available straight away or will I need to buy something more or grind levels?
Normally you need to do a big grind to get an expensive apartment, but if this is the Premium Online Edition as the article suggests, it comes with all you need to start a heist.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I should claim this because what a deal but also I've never had interest, and then I'd own GTAV and it's fun to be able to say you don't own GTAV, lol

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could transfer my PS3 online character, he's loaded with millions of credits. Though, what would you even do with credits? I remember just trying to order hits on random people from my apartment and being bored of it.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The Server I play on can have 256 people online per server. Server 1 is Los Santos and the GTAV map. Server 2 which is database Linked is Liberty City GTAIV map in the GTAV Engine. So people can go back and forth between cities etc

What??????? How do you get the GTAIV map

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Nice. I have 3 copies of GTAV already, and I'll still take this one. If it's free, I want it.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Nice! Shall grab this when it unlocks. Originally played it on PS3 and always held off getting on PC for that reason.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Looks like I might play GTAV at last then. It being free was the only way that was going to happen lol.

Now to clear some space on my hard drive ....