• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chapel

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
kmph.com

Entire state of California now under "shelter in place" order

The state of California is about to go under a "shelter in place" order announced on Thursday by Governor Gavin Newsom. The Governor calls the situation "fluid" and says the order is necessary now because of new projections that show how many people might be infected. He calls this an...

The state of California is now under a "shelter in place" order effective. Governor Gavin Newsom made that announcement around 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 19. The Governor says more than half of all Californians could, eventually, be infected with the Coronavirus. He says 56% of people living in the state will get it, which is around. He says he is worried that there won't be enough hospital beds for all of the victims if nothing is done right now.

I've been under the Bay area shelter in place order so this isn't a change for me. Crazy to have whole states going under lock down, but happy to see pro-activity before it is too late.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
The problem is this isn't enforced so people are still gonna go outside.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm in the bay area so I've been under these orders for a bit too. Safeway is still open, plenty of people practicing social distancing etc.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At least in the bay area, people are getting tickets for not keeping 6ft apart in public. It's like $400 for each person.
Receipts? I'm in the Bay Area and all reporting has been that they're keeping it voluntary but highly encouraged atm. I've not heard of this happening.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
So since I work at Amazon I'm guessing I still go to work right? Is there any news regarding that?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I have no faith in a relief program or anything of the sort. As long as my job keeps wanting me to work I'm going to work because I need money.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I've been under shelter in place in the Bay Area, we prepped beforehand thankfully and had stocked up. We are getting the point where we might need to do a grocery run to get vegetables.

Aussiebattler

Oct 27, 2017
Sydney
A huge portion of the company I work for works out of California, will be interesting to see what happens as we wouldn't have any shipments coming from them for some time. I agree this needs to happen, just curious whether my company will follow this advice.

I think this would mean our people located in Australia will be put into unpaid leave as that was already on the cards unfortunately. Hoping everyone stays safe over there.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I know exactly what's going to happen in my area, the dipshits here will just ignore it.

The vast majority of the people here hate Newsome and are Republican as hell.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
You live up north?

a lot of people in the Bay Area are abiding by it. Went to target around 12pm and it was fully stocked besides TP, milk, and veggies.

Susanville, CA.

It's about as isolated from the rest of California as you can get (80 miles from Reno) on the eastern side of the Sierra's.

It's conservative as fuck.

I work for US Cellular and this is what I've heard

It's the flu, the Chinese invented it to get back at us for killing NAFTA, Corona is another word for flu, etc.

These people are ignorant and stupid and once this thing blows up here (which it will), it's going to be ugly. The hospital here can't handle a major outbreak.

Arol

Avenger
Dec 29, 2017
Groceries, pharmacies and banks are still open. Probably going to be packed over the weekend.

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I am hoping! I am in LA and my mom in Colorado. I convinced her to take vacation this week to be away from the people at her work. Her boss said she has to come back on Tuesday. But I told her I almost guarantee Colorado will be on Lockdown. But hopefully it actually happens by then.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I an asshole if I keep taking my son to the park as long as they're not crowded? We live in a tiny one-bedroom apartment.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, in Florida.

giphy.gif

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean people cannot go to work? Or just that they should stay at home if they aren't working?