• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I hope Fox renews them before the hand off to Disney

Same here. A season 5 would likely be the final season of the show BECAUSE of the Disney deal. Not sure Disney would be ok with hosting DC properties since they own Marvel. Granted I have no idea how any of this would work. Our last indication was that Fox indicated that they are intending to continue the show beyond season 4 and they have not given any indication yet if that is still the plan. It's almost May now. I have to believe we will get an answer by the first week of May at the latest but I am hoping for good news. Gotham is one of my favorite shows on tv right now.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Wait has Ras/League of Assassins been introduced in this show?

Im about halfway through Season 3 atm.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Another incredible episode. Loved zombie Ra's, kinda wish he stayed a zombie for a little while longer.

It has to be said, the way this show has developed is fucking insane.

Remember back in season one when it was your standard procedural trash that felt like it wouldn't go anywhere and be canned in season or two? How the fuck did the show go from that to being the best goddamn DC show that's ever graced our screens.

Who could have foreseen back in the first season that we'd be so close to year one Batman, Ra's coming to back to life on screen? Or Solomon Grundy? Or Azrael? Or Hugo Strange?

Fuck, I hope it continues for another five seasons.

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In a perfect world we SHOULD get at least 2 or 3 more seasons but then again its america we are talking about i still havent forgot alcatraz and other amazing show they cancel just because...

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
Just caught up with the last 6 or 7 episodes. This show is wildly entertaining. Even when some storylines are relatively uninteresting compared to the rest (some of Lee and The Riddler's scenes, a couple of Barbara's latest adventures), things never get boring and payoffs are usually amazing (even in those less interesting storylines).

And I have to say that I really like Jeremiah and the idea behind this character. With Jerome, even though I love his antics and Cameron's portrayal, I was starting to feel we knew a bit too much about him. He was fun, but he could eventually become a one-note character. Jeremiah is an interesting guy: he is so far very restrained, but you can sense there's an underlying darkness to him (the lies, the mazes, the secrecy...). I am eager to see him "unleashed" in the last few episodes of the season.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it could still be picked up by another network maybe

NotCW,NotCW

zjailhncxg4yutmlu3up.jpg

dead souls

Oct 25, 2017
No other network will pick up an expensive aging show that pulls as small an audience as Gotham does.

It's Fox or nothing.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Last time we heard, Fox's president said that they are hoping for more years of Gotham. Has that changed or something? I am still hoping for a season 5 myself.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
I still liked the season 1 Mob antics. But, man, it was definitely a different show back then.

I absolutely hated the show back then lol. It never really clicked with me until late Season 2.

How many more weeks till the finale for this season? Can't wait for it to hit Netflix. I'm going as slow as I can through season 3 now.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Lee is so friggin' hot with her villainess look. I honestly like what they're doing with Ed / Riddler. We know he's being used. He knows it. He just don't give an F.
It's true, she is lol. Yeah, I'm enjoying what they are doing with it.

Instead of Batman creating villains, the villains are actually creating the Bat, cool
Yeah.

I hope next season they need to start building Bruce up to Batman

Maybe meet Zatara to learn to become an escape artist.
That'd be cool.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So I just started this show recently, finished season 1 last weekend and just started season 2, I'm a good 4 or 5 episodes in. Just wanted to ask

This show is going to get a season 5 right? I see so much potential in what I'm watching there is no reason a show like this can't go at least 7 or 8 seasons.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
So I just started this show recently, finished season 1 last weekend and just started season 2, I'm a good 4 or 5 episodes in. Just wanted to ask

This show is going to get a season 5 right? I see so much potential in what I'm watching there is no reason a show like this can't go at least 7 or 8 seasons.

We don't even know if we are getting a season 5 at this point but what I will say this show gets much MUCH better then what you are currently seeing.

For everyone else, holy shit this newly released Gotham trailer is awesome as heck:

https://youtu.be/0HXRtA241x0

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just started Season 4 finally.

They are rushing this Bruce Wayne Vigilante thing way too fast. I get that they want to do something with it before the show ends, but not like this. His parents were murdered 3 years ago according to the first episode of season 4. If anything they should have ended the show with him deciding to want to work on becoming a vigilante. But they will probably end up using the Bat crashing through the window from Year One as the final scene instead.

Everything else has been great.

Only other gripe is Barbra Gordon, but I honestly stopped caring about her character after season 1 lol

Luckily this is just the Earth-Fox universe.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Man you guys,
I had remembered it was off until I saw this thread was being bumped last night.

I had went and gotten dinner and everything ready to watch it, sit down and its a repeat.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started Season 4 finally.

They are rushing this Bruce Wayne Vigilante thing way too fast. I get that they want to do something with it before the show ends, but not like this. His parents were murdered 3 years ago according to the first episode of season 4. If anything they should have ended the show with him deciding to want to work on becoming a vigilante. But they will probably end up using the Bat crashing through the window from Year One as the final scene instead.

Everything else has been great.

Only other gripe is Barbra Gordon, but I honestly stopped caring about her character after season 1 lol

Luckily this is just the Earth-Fox universe.
The sooner you let go of how much this show has to adhere to the previous media and accept this show will do its own thing, the better you can enjoy the insane ride

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The sooner you let go of how much this show has to adhere to the previous media and accept this show will do its own thing, the better you can enjoy the insane ride

I know, I know, its just SO hard to let go! I like so much about the show, which makes it so much harder when they do stuff like this that makes it so hard too.

Oct 25, 2017
Im going to be devastated if this is cancelled,
I legitimately enjoy watching this week to week far more than even something like Infinity War.

I would never possibly imagined that back when Gotham was announced/previewed.... heck nearly to the end of S1

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Im going to be devastated if this is cancelled,
I legitimately enjoy watching this week to week far more than even something like Infinity War.

I would never possibly imagined that back when Gotham was announced/previewed.... heck nearly to the end of S1

Yup this and Lucifer (and Exorcist) has not been renewed yet. Really hope the Disney buyout of Fox's assets don't get the two DC shows canceled what with Disney owning Marvel and all.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GOtham needs to be renewed...

Lucifer, the way things have been going, could use some focus by either shortening their episode orders or threaten cancellation

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

I really hope so. This is a damned great show.

We don't even know if we are getting a season 5 at this point but what I will say this show gets much MUCH better then what you are currently seeing.

For everyone else, holy shit this newly released Gotham trailer is awesome as heck:

https://youtu.be/0HXRtA241x0
HYPED!

Goddamn that's great.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get to see a Season 5, atleast to get an ending to this show on its own terms. Hate to see shows like this get cancelled before they can naturally end. This season has been by far the best one yet. Really liked the Professor Pyg arc. Episode 6 of Season 4 alone was the best episode for this entire show imo.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
There are some leaked Joker clips from episode 21 out there. Looks awesome as expected. Also read a theory/twist that if it happens would be one of the coolest twists I've seen on a tv series in a long time.

We absolutely need a season 5! I've been tweeting to Fox about renewing it. I hope fans are pushing hard to convince Fox to renew Gotham for a season 5.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
There are some leaked Joker clips from episode 21 out there. Looks awesome as expected. Also read a theory/twist that if it happens would be one of the coolest twists I've seen on a tv series in a long time.

We absolutely need a season 5! I've been tweeting to Fox about renewing it. I hope fans are pushing hard to convince Fox to renew Gotham for a season 5.
Post the twist.