SickNasty

Mar 18, 2020
Why is it so visually drab compared to Arkham Knight :(

pee1fbxxv8j71.jpg

Bummer.

Oh no

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
This looked so damn boring. 0 Atmosphere massive sprawling arenas with fucking nothing in them... you can't go from Arkham Knight to this.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
All I wanted was Batman Beyond game as closer to Arkham story. That's all I ever wanted 🥺

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the combat looks a bit too overanimated at times compared to the Arkham games which are generally pretty snappy.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
gear loadouts and crafting will finally let me live out the dream of Batman + prep time

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
oh gross I forgot it was an RPG-Lite like Destiny this deal just keeps getting worse.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
What the fuck is going on with the Red Hood "fight" at 3:43 ?
The player is visibly missing his attacks and it looks so dumb. Who the hell saw this and still chose to include the footage ?

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Man, that looks very rough.

Arkham Knight looked much better than this ngl.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The player is visibly missing his attacks and it looks so dumb. Who the hell saw this and still chose to include the footage ?
I highlighted that in the first page, it's by far the worst part of the video. And it's even worse, because I don't know if it's just the combat being bad, the player being bad or (most likely) a terrible mix of both.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like what I expected. Stiff. It's got that bad kind of GaaS feel to it.

Like the concept of this, but between gear equip bullshit and the jank I'm not interested. The boss fight they showed off awhile ago looked like just whittling a health bar down, and this doesn't look like there's any changes to that in the gameplay.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I swear the game actually looks better than the video shows. I had a similar issue with "non-lethal rounds still do a LOT of damage" *grunt isn't even nudged by bullets*

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
dunno why but somehow arkham knight on pc looks better?? maybe i'll wait for pc footage

GlamPrime

Banned
Nov 1, 2021
It's weird that they've got the buttons blanked out despite the fact that this is a PS marketing rights game?

XBOX aquisition incoming?

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
That looked a bit rougher than I was expecting ngl. At least some of the combat and open area portions, compared to that clearly early-in-development first footage. I don't know if it's the actual game or the player, but yeah.

Hopefully they give this the time it needs, because there's a lot that I like in this and, fuck, this is the first and likely only chance I'm getting to controlling some of these characters in a non-fighting game. Would really hate it if this goes wrong.

The gear thing... I hope WB learnt their lesson with the Mordor stuff.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
There seems to be such a vast difference in quality between Suicide Squad and this one. What a pity but not playing this until it hits ps plus extra or gamepass.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Not only is this game coming out like 7-8 years after Arkham Knight, it visually looks way worse even though it's now new gen only??? This is wild.

Honesty far less bothered by the visuals than the gameplay. The animations and combat look really unsatisfying and janky, and I'm super turned off by how loot/gear driven it looks. Bleh.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Not so bad imo.

The person playing isn't the best for showing off like much videos and I dont think they unlocked a ton of moveset? Kept jumping unnecessarily from enemy to enemy.

I like the subtle incoming damage indicators they are going for, tho still needs some work. Subtle + Dualsense feedback might he stellar.

The animations in general still seem like it needs some work but asides that, all standard stuff I guess.
Might not be the best showing considering how long it's been in production

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. I don't even know. At this point, between Suicide Squad and Gotham Knights, it feels like we've gone backwards.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The game obviously need a lot of optimization and polishing but I think that half a year could be plenty of time for that.

I liked it?

It is superfunny to read all the "this doesn´t look like a current gen game". Guys. The ditch of the last-gen versions was just announced as well. What does it mean? It means last-gen consoles were in the mind of the devs for the vast majority of the development of the game.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to make a super hero game with loot

why not just make DC Super Heroes 2? Do they really think Diablo don't sell anymore?

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
I haven't played any of the Arkham games and thought maybe this would be a good entry point...nah.

SFLUFAN

Oct 27, 2017
Alexandria, VA
I haven't played any of the Arkham games and thought maybe this would be a good entry point...nah.

Your best (and probably only necessary) entry point to the series is Arkham City.

Arkham Asylum was a fantastic template, but might be "too limited".
Arkham Knight was simply "too goddamned much".

Arkham City pretty much hits the sweet spot between those two games.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
When the game was first shown I remember someone saying it looks like a Batman game from Ubisoft, and I can see it.

You have Nightwing's combat that's emulating freeflow combat in a brawler combat system. You have the traversal seeming like a less refined Arkham approach. You have 'AR Vision', instead of Detective Vision.

It's what I would expect from another publisher trying to live up to the Arkham games, but unable to directly copy them. It's strange to see when it's the same publisher with a developer than worked on an Arkham game.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
The gameplay progression looks solid with you having a hub, choosing gadget and shit ---- which sorta reminds me of SC Blacklist. But man that whole gameplay section with loot feels soooo unnecessary. This gaas system feels really backward compared to when they did with Arkham games.