• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even know how to feel about Batman news in 2020. Wont get my hopes up because just like everything else, nothing comes of it.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
Gotham Knights is also registered for the DC FanDome in august. Yeah, it's finally happening.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jun 5, 2020
Reminds me of this PoS
header.jpg
PoS?! This might have been the best multiplayer shooter to have come out last generation.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping this is the title for the Suicide Squad game and they just want to keep the Knights branding. If it's for the WB Montreal Batman game it makes it sound multi-player co-op focused

Edit: Ah well, just seen the other thread about the Suicide Squad domain.

Because the WB Montreal and Rocksteady games have been teased and speculated about for so long now, I don't think I can bring myself to get interested or excited in anything to do with them anymore until I actually see some gameplay of them in action.

I dont understand, who doesn't like online co-op game? Unless i missread something

I feel I might be in the minority but I much prefer a focused single player experience than co-op.

Last edited:

SevketErhat

Oct 27, 2017
North Cyprus
I'm hoping this is the title for the Suicide Squad game and they just want to keep the Knights branding. If it's for the WB Montreal Batman game it makes it sound multi-player co-op focused

Edit: Ah well, just seen the other thread about the Suicide Squad domain.

Because the WB Montreal and Rocksteady games have been teased and speculated about for so long now, I don't think I can bring myself to get interested or excited in anything to do with them anymore until I actually see some gameplay of them in action.

I feel I might be in the minority but I much prefer a focused single player experience than co-op.
Me too

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
WB doesn't really buy domains for announcements that are hella far away, so I think we're getting these trailers earlier than DC FanDome. The event prolly will have gameplay and shit.

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly it's WB getting into the American Football/Handegg market and making a game based off the local FL team in Gotham, the Gotham Knights.

I'm sure it'll be mostly normal American Football, but occasional fear gas will turn opponents into monsters.

This has been a shameless excuse to reference Batman the Animated Series, which is still great.

MV5BYjA3NjhlYzUtYTA2Mi00NDQwLWI0OTUtY2QwODMyZDk4MzJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ0NjQzNTE@._V1_.jpg

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
so,
Gotham Knight is WB Montreal's game
Suicide Squad is Rocksteady
mkay

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
This is just a guess, but I can't remember a time when a publisher would buy a domain and then wait months to reveal a game lol if I'm wrong lemme know
I also don't remember a time when a developer would tease logos of their next game and then wait months to reveal it :p

I hope it's soon! Although I'm kinda pessimistic and think they might wait until the August event. Maybe it'll show up at Xbox's?

Nov 28, 2017
Is it "Batman: Gotham Knights" or just "Gotham Knights"?

WB are not going to let go of that Bats tag for marketing reasons.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
I just finished a big tabletop campaign called Gotham Knights. Can't believe DC are stealing all my great ideas.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I wonder if they'll have Dick get a lot of the spotlight considering the event this is based on.

I assume it's going to be Dick (Nightwing), Tim (Robin) and Barbara (Batgirl). The comic also featured Jason (Red Hood) and Damian (Robin, as Tim was Red Robin there), but I sadly don't think they'll feature as many playable characters.

Although they already have some groundwork with the DLCs in previous games.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I also don't remember a time when a developer would tease logos of their next game and then wait months to reveal it :p

I hope it's soon! Although I'm kinda pessimistic and think they might wait until the August event. Maybe it'll show up at Xbox's?
lmaoo true! This seems to point towards some sort of finalized announcement plan. Especially with also having SS.

But forreal, does anyone know of a point when a publisher would wait hella long after buying a domain to reveal a game?
Is it "Batman: Gotham Knights" or just "Gotham Knights"?

WB are not going to let go of that Bats tag for marketing reasons.
They didn't buy Batman gotham knights, so it seems like it's just called gotham knights.

Nov 28, 2017
They didn't buy Batman gotham knights, so it seems like it's just called gotham knights.

I get that. But thought of their history with the IP, they won't let go of the Batman title. I vaguely remember their official website for each of their games in the Arkham trilogy being "arkhamasylumgame .com", "arkhamcitygame .com" or "arkhamknightgame .com", wasn't it? For PR and other pre-release stuff. Obviously those domains have been taken down now, and the games have been merged into just listings on WB Games' homepage.

Also, whatever happened to that clues/ARG on WB Montreal's site for this game? IIRC there were only 2 of the 6 logos revealed. Ra's Al Ghul/League of Assassins and the GCPD. They did that last october and now we're getting a reveal shortly without completing the rest of those.

This game's marketing is all kinds of FUBAR man lol

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I could live with that title (or subtitle). Would be weird to abandon the Arkham name though.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
lmaoo true! This seems to point towards some sort of finalized announcement plan. Especially with also having SS.

But forreal, does anyone know of a point when a publisher would wait hella long after buying a domain to reveal a game?

When they bought the domains for the Arkham games, they registered all of them just as Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins. Batman wasn't included.

Edit: Nevermind I'm wrong.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
I get that. But thought of their history with the IP, they won't let go of the Batman title. I vaguely remember their official website for each of their games in the Arkham trilogy being "arkhamasylumgame .com", "arkhamcitygame .com" or "arkhamknightgame .com", wasn't it? For PR and other pre-release stuff. Obviously those domains have been taken down now, and the games have been merged into just listings on WB Games' homepage.

Also, whatever happened to that clues/ARG on WB Montreal's site for this game? IIRC there were only 2 of the 6 logos revealed. Ra's Al Ghul/League of Assassins and the GCPD. They did that last october and now we're getting a reveal shortly without completing the rest of those.

This game's marketing is all kinds of FUBAR man lol
I just looked it up, and the domains had Batman in them. Batmanarkhamknight.com was the one people latched onto when it first leaked. Idk what's going on with the logos but it would be nice if they finished it lol
Funnily enough, WB bought harrypottermagicawakened.com months before the mobile game would be announced
Oof. That could've been a be tease thing. I know most of the time they either do it on announcement day or reaaalllyy close to it.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
If that's referring to the Gotham Knights introduced in Rebirth, fingers crossed for a playable Kate, Cassandra, and Clayface.

Oct 25, 2017
We got 4 perfect-fine solo Batman games, all the other characters have so much more interesting of a moveset at this point its time to give them a shot with a co-op game.

I want to play 90%+ of a Batman game as Cassandra Cain or Catwoman or maybe even Huntress and crew.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I remember that Scarecrow episode from BTAS, but this is probably some MTX filled multiplayer garbage.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't like the plural. If this ends up being some co-op focused game I'll throw a fit