NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I actually can't believe that they waited and teased so long for this. It looked super underwhelming and like a project they just started working on recently with Arkham Knight assets. How long is this in development?

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
I highly recommend "Batman: White Knight" saga by Sean Murphy, it's one (if not's the best) storyline from batman I have read. Also this game is pure GaaS, or not??

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
Gordon is dead though. And Bruce mentions "GCPD hasn't trusted us since he died"-- which suggests this death would've occured BEFORE the Wayne Manor explosion. Which contradicts AK, since Gordon was the narrator for that game.

It's not a direct sequel, but it certainly feeds off the ideas of KnightFall ending in AK.
It could be possible that the Wayne Manor explosion wasn't Bruce's death, and this game could take place years later. With everyone knowing Batman's identity, Bruce could've been on the run for years and Jim died over that time.

Edit: Nevermind, WB confirmed it's an original story

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018
I think the line about Wayne Manor exploding is definitely meant to imply a sequel to Arkham Knight when it's actually clearly not. This is what they mean by soft reboot.

Some people think that's a good idea as it means more creative freedom but I think it's very underhanded.

I don't like that they didn't spell out whether it was a new universe or an Arkham sequel - I think they did it very intentionally to sell more games and inevitably have Joker as the main villain.

almutama

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what the damage numbers, leveling and resource collection adds to the overall experience. Not impressed by the presentation either.

Oct 25, 2017
Im happy with GAAS if it keeps stuff going in game.
My problem with the previous Arkham games is after I platinum them there is absolutely no reason to get back on.
I'd love if the game world felt continuous and I could always hop on to fight crime in Gotham.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
If you're interested you can watch this movie. It's pretty good.

images

They also have a new version coming soon

Thank you, gonna give it a watch, now I feel kinda bad about him, Nightwing gets all the spotlight on what I've seen and I must have thought he was just another faceless goon, almost off screen Deathstroke or something.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
that was an incredibly stupid retcon made just to make Jason not come off as much of a whiny brat.
It would certainly make him more visually interesting from a character design stand point.

Though you would have to rebalance where the red is on some of his costumes.

I might sketch that later

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
Spent 11.99€ for 3 Batman games (with DLC) on Steam just to experience.
So far I played 1 hour of Arkham Asylum and damn, for that time this game is damn good.
Gotham Knights coming 2021 without Batman and with GaaS is disappointing, not worth imo.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the line about Wayne Manor exploding is definitely meant to imply a sequel to Arkham Knight when it's actually clearly not. This is what they mean by soft reboot.

Some people think that's a good idea as it means more creative freedom but I think it's very underhanded.

I don't like that they didn't spell out whether it was a new universe or an Arkham sequel - I think they did it very intentionally to sell more games and inevitably have Joker as the main villain.
I definitely think being free to use the Joker is one of the reasons for this soft reboot, but I don't expect them to have him as the main villain this time around. Seems smarter to me to let him sit this one out so you can fully resolve the Court of Owls conflict in the base game itself, but also keep a heavyweight villain to bring people back to play the DLC. What better choice than Joker to be the main driving force behind the post-launch content?

At least it sounds better to me than just the usual "unsatisfying ending so we can keep things open for post-game collectible stuff and DLC".

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
WB officially confirmed that the game isn't connected to the Arkham series:

WB Games Montreal tells ComicBook.com that, "Gotham Knights is an original story set in DC's Batman Universe and not connected to the Arkham series." Despite picking up in a similar place to where Batman: Arkham Knight left the Arkhamverse, Gotham Knights will start something new.

comicbook.com

Gotham Knights Is Officially Not Part of the Arkham Series

Gotham Knights, the new game from WB Games Montreal, is not a sequel to Batman: Arkham Knight. [...]

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
Jason started with red hair. Black is the retcon. It is only black in the N52, Rebirth and Arkham Knight but red-brown in the current TAS comic:
Untitled-copy.jpg
Batman-TAS-Red-Hood-2.jpg

It began with just black in Hush and Under the Red Hood with Morrison returning the red hair a bit later. (Morrison also wrote him as a parody Rorschach.) Hush:
maxresdefault.jpg

He was trash/10 Pre-Crisis and is a Titans member in multiple canons.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
In the more recent comics, Jason eventually adopted Bruce's no-kill rule so that he could be part of the family again.

K-jSiG-VFPWWo1_GVfKhaezUec1fXdGP3_7RWxVkPreSd3cUpWlb-8iMvGJyzRKBdyqDhNvZQpfj3__u04RHVh5HmYu8L7YivjlPnH1ZWLNvxEcV1ZtAvcXtoDPNfEE2MoepabdMMA=s0

As for the guns, he uses rubber bullets and avoids lethal shots in New 52/Rebirth. If they're keeping to that, I imagine his moves and finishers will be non-lethal ones, unlike the neck snapping and headshot stuff he does in Arkham Knight.

Thank you.

That makes sense.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Rewatched it with the Easy Allies Reaction, and I like it more now.

It's basically an Arkham (City) game with RPG elements and (optional) Coop.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm digging the game. I don't want a GaaS but knowing this isn't one is great. I would like to see more.

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
I wonder if the single player is going to have a AI partner for game "balance." Those are generally hard to get right in most styles of games.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Some superficial reactions:
  • Yes, I want all Batman games to let me play as members of the family, so this makes me happy.
  • I shouldn't have expected otherwise, but I wish it was Cass instead of Babs.
  • I will overlook anything and everything if I get to play as Cass.
  • I know it had to be short for the trailer, but the video from Bruce was really impersonal. I hope the game does not ignore the fact that three of these characters are Bruce's own children.
  • I will pay $100 to play as Cass.
  • I really love the Co-Op! I hope it's local.

Paging Pau btw, you good?
Haha I wasn't able to post right away unfortunately!

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
What's the significance of that?
It originated in Hush where Clayface was disguised as Jason:

K2p7s4H.jpg

This was before Under the Red Hood was written. When Jason was revived from the Lazarus Pit it gave him the white streak. DC has since gotten rid of it but some artists and writers bring it back for a short period.

Last edited: