• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
30 fps doesn't bother me most of the time still. Only games where you move fast do I hate it (racing games). If it's for whatever reason relevant I use an Oled too.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Eh looks fine to me, some games have weird 30fps issues that I guess OLED could exacerbate due to image persistence but overall it's fine. I just did a replay of MGSV on PS3 on the LG CX and it was pretty good

Oct 27, 2017
I actually delayed getting an OLED for this exact reason. Coming from a panny plasma I finally caved and got a 65 C1 and although I do notice the jerkiness in panning shots, it's not nearly as bad as I thought it'd be. I wish I got an OLED sooner actually, that con is worth all of the pros the TV will give you imo.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not saying all 30fps games on the LG C1 looks terrible. GTAV runs at 30fps 1080p including the Online mode and doesn't feel stuttery. Death Stranding runs at 30fps with no visible stutter. Same with Batman Arkham Knight.

It's just that some games that run at 30fps have this annoying stutter that makes it really unplayable for me.

Is this something VRR can fix?

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I'm not saying all 30fps games on the LG C1 looks terrible. GTAV runs at 30fps 1080p including the Online mode and doesn't feel stuttery. Death Stranding runs at 30fps with no visible stutter. Same with Batman Arkham Knight.

It's just that some games that run at 30fps have this annoying stutter that makes it really unplayable for me.

Is this something VRR can fix?
The answer is that some games have motion blur implementations that smooth out the apparent judderyness of 30fps with the instant response of the OLED. Even some games with heavy motion blur can appear a bit stuttery, I think it just depends on the type of motion blur used, also if you switch back and forth between 60 and 30, 30 is going to look much more jarring. If you forget about it and just keep playing your brain will get used to it after 10 minutes.