• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
This is the umpteenth "let them fight" story. The GOP is not in disarray. They're all in lock-step with Trump. They want his base, they'll bend right over for it.

Oh all things can be true. They're all trying to rid the shitty flabby orange populist bronco and would love nothing better than to put up some kind of a unified direction. But the truth is, principle-free mob stupidity, even when effective in the short-term, isn't a feasible strategy for anything in the long run for a reason.

dots

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like I've read this article 25 times in the past two years. The party still serves the president. I don't see that changing.

Quixzlizx

Oct 25, 2017
Mark Meadows is the Congressional version of a Twitch chat troll that encourages a suicidal streamer to pull the trigger.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
giphy.gif

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The mood back home this holiday has shifted for me. My Oklahoma Trump-supporting family reached a breaking point.

Mom: "He's an imbecile! He's not listening to his fellow Republicans or advisors! He's insane and needs to go!"
Dad: "I agree. It's high time Pence took over."

... that's still HUGE coming from my old neck of the woods.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
People beeing calling since the Joe The Plumber days, the tea party was going to take over. Thinkifully they are idiots

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This "let them fight" shit is far less amusing when our general well-being is their battlefield.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
The mood back home this holiday has shifted for me. My Oklahoma Trump-supporting family reached a breaking point.

Mom: "He's an imbecile! He's not listening to his fellow Republicans or advisors! He's insane and needs to go!"

They're still missing the point and disregarding the fact that his fellow Republicans are the ones who have been shielding the country from his idiocy and treachery as hard as they can lie, but at least it's a start.

I totally understand. I'm in the deep South.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

See, this is the thing though. For all the reports and doomsayers of the Republican Party they have minor setbacks but their base is consistent and gets their shit together EVERY election. Some may not be happy about Trump, but they will still pull that lever for R. Nothing is learned, nothing changes with these people. Democrats and liberals on the other hand need some apocalyptic event like Trump to barely change one part of Government but are far from consistent. It's an obstacle Democrats need to find a solution to.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I mean, the stock market cratering has probably got a lot of the Trumpers out of things to praise him for.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
So they've effectively realized that Trump has taken the Republican party away from them. It's now the Trump Party and they're not getting it back. I wonder how they're going to react to this when they realize that even if he goes to jail, the average American Republican will want Trump to run for office from prison...

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
They'll never really be in disarray. They are party above country. When the chips are down they always fight for themselves (which = the wealthy and corporations, not their vast constituency who are dumb as ballsacs and vote against their own self interests). These same kinds of stories were posted after their crushing defeats in midterms past, after losing to Obama both times, etc.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
They'll never really be in disarray. They are party above country. When the chips are down they always fight for themselves (which = the wealthy and corporations, not their vast constituency who are dumb as ballsacs and vote against their own self interests). These same kinds of stories were posted after their crushing defeats in midterms past, after losing to Obama both times, etc.

To be fair, history has taught us, repeatedly, that exploiting stupidity is one of the best investments any politician can make. It's like solar energy, free cheap, always there, and even more accessible and reliable than sunlight. Stupidity is like a self-perpetuating machine, creating more of itself where there was none before. If you don't have any morals why would you ignore such a useful resource?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then come out against him like Corker did or else all this talk about a rebellion means nothing

Corker, Flake, Graham, Murkowski - even McCain -- all of them enabled and encouraged it for more than two years and we better have their mewling explanations on deck every time they try to pretend they were rebels from now on until they retire to K street and military consulting graft.

Oct 27, 2017
Reaping and sowing

And lol at the one Senator who was complaining about talk radio, those people made the modern Republican party and now you've lost control

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You'd think a politician named Flake would go to extra lengths to not live up to his namesake, alas...

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Burn the party to the ground. Salt the earth where it stood. Post the skulls of conservatives as a warning that only monsters roamed there.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018

That is huge, honestly. Its an anecdotal example, but its telling that even some of his base is starting to crack.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Trump is a Frankenstein monster of the GOPs making, so fuck them, lie in the bed you made dipshits.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
That is huge, honestly. Its an anecdotal example, but its telling that even some of his base is starting to crack.

That's true. For a while there it seemed like the base would be willing to die for him no matter what, even if he told them he was going to kill their own families. The racism really seemed to overrule just about every sense of self-preservation they had.

chaostrophy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's been one version or another of this narrative going around since Donald won the primary and I'm suspicious of it. The Repubs still hold a tremendous amount of power and have demonstrated they'll use every possible dirty trick to hold on to it. They must be actively resisted, not counted on to destroy themselves.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
I hope his base will be reminded of how dumb they were until the end of times.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's been one version or another of this narrative going around since Donald won the primary and I'm suspicious of it. The Repubs still hold a tremendous amount of power and have demonstrated they'll use every possible dirty trick to hold on to it. They must be actively resisted, not counted on to destroy themselves.
Now they don't have the house and they blew their last chance of doing something while they still had it. There's never gonna be a wall now.

Upon reflection, Trump has been allowed to live in a fantasy land from the moment he was sworn in. The GOP protected and excused almost everything he did because they needed a warm body to rubber stamp their desires. For all Trump's rage over being investigated he probably can't comprehend how easy he's had it.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See, this is the thing though. For all the reports and doomsayers of the Republican Party they have minor setbacks but their base is consistent and gets their shit together EVERY election. Some may not be happy about Trump, but they will still pull that lever for R. Nothing is learned, nothing changes with these people. Democrats and liberals on the other hand need some apocalyptic event like Trump to barely change one part of Government but are far from consistent. It's an obstacle Democrats need to find a solution to.
Uh, but Beto voted against the majority of Democrats on various appropriations bills 1% more than the average Democrat. He's "trash"

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
They're still missing the point and disregarding the fact that his fellow Republicans are the ones who have been shielding the country from his idiocy and treachery as hard as they can lie, but at least it's a start.

I totally understand. I'm in the deep South.
This was always the end game. Stick with Trump, even if you know he's a dangerous loon, because he's kinda popular with your gerrymandered base and still useful in his role. Then, when things fall apart, you and your supporters have a nice little scapegoat to blame all the ills of the world on without having to change anything or self reflect on how your actions caused thus, not one man.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Two supreme court seats and tax cuts to line their pockets is what it got them!
Complete control of the government for two years, and absolute no accomplishments beyond that (and that tax cut is hugely unpopular, do you know how terrible you have to be to make a tax cut unpopular?). Because they are in disarray and can't govern. They wasted a trifecta to this degree because their caucus is such an ineffective mess, and their president a clueless moron.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Everyone here knows they will find some new evil shit that they want to do to the poor / minorities that will help them patch things up. luckily they will no longer have the house.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Its probably the stock market. So we all know that's not the real measure of the economy but its only been 10 years since the images of the dow crashing equates to really bad times for regular folk and its seared in peoples minds, I know it is is mine. As a grown ass man it doesn't feel like 10 years and to watch this chaos so relatively soon is unnerving to me let alone people way closer to retirement. The republicans are on the loosing side again they are gonna own this anchor again.