• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
This is terrible. Terrible.

Not the tech. I'm a believer. I've been on the GeForce Now platform for a while and it's flawless even in it's early state.

But this presentation. This lack of games. A feeling of being unprepared. It's all just a tech demo...

i think the stakeholders are still unsure of it. I mean, it's a big undertaking. you don't wanna attach your product to something that has a big chance of not working. the tech isn't new but the implementation is uncharted territory.

the games will come. just how many dozens of games come out on steam every single day? there won't be shortages of anything, for sure, as long as porting is painless.

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm genuinely pissed that he wore a MJ shirt in his video about a week after Leaving Neverland came out.

I was going along with the bit where we pretend to be shocked that centralizing all power with Google will only serve to further benefit only Google, but I can see why you might have read it as an attack instead of agreement because, you know, internet.
I was just asking lol. Its all good

Michael

Oct 28, 2017
I would be a lot more bullish on game streaming, but I'm not going to pay $50 extra a month to comcast for unlimited data. With 4K Netflix + 4K60HDR game streaming, I'd easily be well over my cap — it's just a non-starter unfortunately.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
9WqZZpG.png

Deleted member 49319

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 4, 2018
It's a ton of pointless data going through the Internet, which has an environmental cost, so no.
My issue with this is per player using at least one higher end GPU seemingly, that would cause a much higher cost than consoles and laptops. It's a bit unnecessary, unlike deep learning that we have to utilize a rig of GPUs to achieve fast computing.
Data streaming is comparatively not a major problem here since anyway someone is going to use the Internet to do some other stuff.

Iddshane

Dec 2, 2017
Why get this when Sony and MS will offer Physical + Streaming Service + Exclusives and more third party support.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised there is so much apathy to what is being shown here, I thought this would be a half baked attempt for google to get into the market but there is some genuinely game changing stuff they are showing here now that gaming isn't constrained by physical hardware.

None of it will matter if you need super internet.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
This tech is awesome and some of the features sound amazing (like State Saves) but like many others, I'm skeptical that infrastructure is ready for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.