• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 1, 2018
Buy the stuff in the Lurker Valley pro shop. I forget if the throwing bracelet is even useful for more than one sidequest though. Also if you want to do all the sidequests you may as well buy everything (some of the later sidequests can get tougher than the main story though, makes sense 'cause they're optional).

My favorite part of the game was the quest bell ding when hitting chicken drumsticks to blood alligators.

gingerbeardman

Moai Master
Oct 27, 2017
Cornwall, UK
There are tips, though they are quite subtle. Just talk to everyone and read what they're saying.

There's also a great FAQ on gamefaqs if you're really stuck. Last resort!

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Thankfully I didn't have to look up any FAQs. Talking to all the NPCs was enough.

That's what I enjoyed about Golf Story. It didn't ask too much of the player, and didn't feel like a bloated experience. I DID spend more time on it than most people but I think that's just because I took my time with everything.

Most failures definitely came in the last tournament though. Second to that was one of the challenges in Oak Manor.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Hi all, have been struggling with this for weeks now. I did everything in the Lurker Valley, got the idol etc and now can't seem to progress. I spoke to Lucky multiple times to trigger the tourney but no dice. Any help? I feel like just trying for a refund because this is just not worth my time.

Edit: Reinstalled the game and it works now for some reason.

Last edited:

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, have been struggling with this for weeks now. I did everything in the Lurker Valley, got the idol etc and now can't seem to progress. I spoke to Lucky multiple times to trigger the tourney but no dice. Any help? I feel like just trying for a refund because this is just not worth my time.

Edit: Reinstalled the game and it works now for some reason.
The game was buggy at some points on release.

Hope no more issues for you.

I loved the game though and would love another one.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have the physical release for about a week now, but still hacen't gotten around to it with Starlink. I should make some time for it...

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Just bought this and essentially going in blind. All I know is it's a golf RPG and it's supposed to be quite fun. Got it for $7.50 (50% off) on the eShop today after having just beat Link's Awakening... soooo, I'm ready to dive right in.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Just bought this and essentially going in blind. All I know is it's a golf RPG and it's supposed to be quite fun. Got it for $7.50 (50% off) on the eShop today after having just beat Link's Awakening... soooo, I'm ready to dive right in.

The Golf gameplay, as for a 2D game, is really really fun if you like Golf! But the story is pretty meh (at least to me) and doesn't really go anywhere, which could lead to some players dropping the game (as I did).

Hope you'll have fun !

cmdiego

Oct 25, 2017
Like Juan said, have fun. I liked the story and the different courses, and all around had a good time.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Just picked this up, great fun so far! Does focus shot get unlocked at some point? I haven't been told how to do it, just unlocked the Pro shop

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
Just picked this up, great fun so far! Does focus shot get unlocked at some point? I haven't been told how to do it, just unlocked the Pro shop

You should already have it if not mistaken. You can press the D-Pad up/down to toggle between Normal & Focus shot iirc.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks, I did yeah, it didn't seem to be explained. Enjoying the game so far, something satisfying about landing a great shot

I honestly didn't know what to expect when I got the game, but it became one of my Switch favorites. It was charming in a way I can't remember a sports game being since the GBC Mario Tennis.

How far have you gotten so far?

I just found out that a sequel was announced back in December to come out this year, did anyone else miss out on this, or was it just me?

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I honestly didn't know what to expect when I got the game, but it became one of my Switch favorites. It was charming in a way I can't remember a sports game being since the GBC Mario Tennis.

How far have you gotten so far?

I just found out that a sequel was announced back in December to come out this year, did anyone else miss out on this, or was it just me?

I'm enjoying it, I've just done the werewolf mystery in the mansion, feels like I'm pretty far through now? Just playing it in quick half an hour stints here and there and it's a pretty easy charming game really.
I didn't know about the sequel either

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
I'm enjoying it, I've just done the werewolf mystery in the mansion, feels like I'm pretty far through now? Just playing it in quick half an hour stints here and there and it's a pretty easy charming game really.
I didn't know about the sequel either

IIRC, that's getting fairly close to end game. Nothing wrong with a casual bit of Golf Story here and there. The charm really does carry it far.

I'm glad it's not just me, lol.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hi golfers, I've got to the Pro tournament which I am assuming is basically the last mission. First attempt I came 2 over par and lost, its a tough course.
I think my patience for the game has worn out though, its dragged on a bit and I'm just playing for the sake of it now.
Is it worth pushing through or is the ending not really worth it?

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Hi golfers, I've got to the Pro tournament which I am assuming is basically the last mission. First attempt I came 2 over par and lost, its a tough course.
I think my patience for the game has worn out though, its dragged on a bit and I'm just playing for the sake of it now.
Is it worth pushing through or is the ending not really worth it?

If you're talking Blue Moon Dunes, yeah, that's the final course. I personally enjoyed it, though it was a bit of a challenge.

Honestly, it's up to you. If you're not having fun, you don't have to keep going. But you're not that far from the ending, so, it's all your decision.

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If you're talking Blue Moon Dunes, yeah, that's the final course. I personally enjoyed it, though it was a bit of a challenge.

Honestly, it's up to you. If you're not having fun, you don't have to keep going. But you're not that far from the ending, so, it's all your decision.
Managed to beat it third time, it was pretty tough. Level 32 when it finished, dunno if that's high low or average.
Overall enjoyed it but probably coulve been a bit shorter

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Managed to beat it third time, it was pretty tough. Level 32 when it finished, dunno if that's high low or average.
Overall enjoyed it but probably coulve been a bit shorter

Congrats on the victory! I can't remember what level I was, all I know is I did all the quests, lol.

Glad you enjoyed it man. Hopefully Sports Story will be even more fun (the variety of sports should keep it interesting).

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
This game made me lol a handful of times

it's surprisingly clever in its writing

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
The most unexpected part for me was

the rap battle between the pros and the youngins

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
I think I should get this game. I both like video game golf and rpgs. How long is it?

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Really glad I picked this up :3. Just did the first 9 at Well-worn and off to Lurker Valley or wherever. I won't let Lucky down!

TUFCfan

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for bumping. Just got back in to this having not played in a while and think I may have hit a game breaking bug in Tidy Park:

During the disappearance mystery at Tidy Park mansion, I found the sauna key. Whilst looking around for something else I accidentally entered the sauna room and went back out again. Seems I was supposed to talk to the guy in there at some point to get a ball, but now the door is locked and there's now no key either in my inventory or in the original plant so now I can't get in there to get the ball to progress the story.
Anyone know a workaround for this please? Or have I lost my entire playthrough?