• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
The issue here is they just dumped their current popular star for a 50 year old mostly retired guy who was a star twenty years ago, who is not physically able to do more than a 2 minute match.

And that current popular star is a 80's gimmick who has boring main event and is impossible to book with its mythical power. Can they go forward with this kind of thing in 2020 ?? not sure.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Screw that, Ricochet getting hopped in less than 2 minutes is the real crime.
The video package was longer than the fucking match. Angelo Dawkins taking a curb stomp from Seth Rollins was another great moment. Not to mention The New Day losing to John Morrison and The Miz. Then there was R-Truth being mocked by AJ Styles in the most cringe-inducing and probably racist way.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
I'm sure they can go very far forward with Goldberg.

Goldberg is not going forward, you know it. It's a 1 month act.

I'm not saying this is good or anything, but people are certainly full of shit criticizing how bad is Godlberg then wanting a 6 month run of The Fiend kicking out of 50 finishers per match

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
I did it.... I canceled WWE network after keeping it since it began.. I've been their biggest defender, hanging on through these mediocre times. But I"m out.

This Goldberg thing is ridiculous- the guy looks like an ass every time he gets in a ring now- and I don't care if they give him a silly squash for Saudi Arabia, but anything involving the title is just insanity. This should have been an opportunity to put Wyatt over big and create a "just WHO can beat this guy" moment. But nope. Whatsmore, I just don't care about pretty much anything they are building for WrestleMania. Taker again (and to ruin a match with Styles who deserves a worthy opponent that can actually GO in the ring with him), Cena and Wyatt?, Reigns vs. Goldberg (And with Reigns finally starting to get support, but now this match is just going to be a big hate fest).

Combine this with all the news that WWE is likely to soon yank PPV's from WWE Network, and stick them on ESPN+ for traditional PPV buys.. yeah, i'm out.

And just fyi, not running to AEW either- they use the same shitty PPV model. But hey, give me an affordable and fair priced way to access your product, and you gain a fan... just saying.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Not getting the joke. You watching stuff on delay and don't want to be spoiled, stay off the internet.
I sort of get that, (though it seems unnecessarily curt), I personally don't care all that much about spoilers, tends not to ruin my enjoyment of a thing. But the tiniest bit of courtesy couldn't possibly hurt, could it? A spoiler warning in the thread title would be enough, and is something pretty well "enforced" on here when it comes to movies. Why not the same for a sporting event?

If a person goes on a sports site when they don't want to be spoiled, or even a news site that also covers sport, or onto social media, then that's one thing. This site isn't that, it's a forum that covers a diverse range of topics, and doesn't need to openly broadcast the results of a sport - or a fake sport - in thread titles. Especially not less than 24 hours after the event. A few days later? It's fair game at that point.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I sort of get that, (though it seems unnecessarily curt), I personally don't care all that much about spoilers, tends not to ruin my enjoyment of a thing. But the tiniest bit of courtesy couldn't possibly hurt, could it? A spoiler warning in the thread title would be enough, and is something pretty well "enforced" on here when it comes to movies. Why not the same for a sporting event?

If a person goes on a sports site when they don't want to be spoiled, or even a news site that also covers sport, or onto social media, then that's one thing. This site isn't that, it's a forum that covers a diverse range of topics, and doesn't need to openly broadcast the results of a sport - or a fake sport - in thread titles. Especially not less than 24 hours after the event. A few days later? It's fair game at that point.

The existence of a thread alone, even with a spoiler warning , likely would have served as a spoiler as nobody following the event would expect a thread if the Fiend would have won.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Goldberg is not going forward, you know it. It's a 1 month act.

I'm not saying this is good or anything, but people are certainly full of shit criticizing how bad is Godlberg then wanting a 6 month run of The Fiend kicking out of 50 finishers per match
It doesn't have to be one or the other. The Fiend's indestructibility has been harmful and limiting from the start, doesn't mean I'd still not rather see him as a champion than another part timer.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
The existence of a thread alone, even with a spoiler warning , likely would have served as a spoiler as nobody following the event would expect a thread if the Fiend would have won.
"Lets talk about WWE Super Showdown - OPEN SPOILERS", and then go into the issues with the main event. I think even saying "Lets talk about WWE SSD's main event - SPOILERS" would be vague enough. The lack of explicit confirmation would be enough for a bit of doubt...certainly better than just plainly stating it.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
"Lets talk about WWE Super Showdown - OPEN SPOILERS", and then go into the issues with the main event. I think even saying "Lets talk about WWE SSD's main event - SPOILERS" would be vague enough. The lack of explicit confirmation would be enough for a bit of doubt...certainly better than just plainly stating it.

I don't think a lot of people would be interested in a title like that because a lot of people are pretty done with WWE and their awful Saudi shows. But when you make a thread about this specific trash fire that happened, you generate interest because people like to watch car crashes.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think a lot of people would be interested in a title like that because a lot of people are pretty done with WWE and their awful Saudi shows. But when you make a thread about this specific trash fire that happened, you generate interest because people like to watch car crashes.

giphy.gif

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna guess Goldberg gives them a ratings boost, which they apparently need. I tuned out a long long time ago because I didn't like the talent. I'll get a WWE network trial every now and then and watch the "ppv's" though.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
So much hate on this thread.

People just chill, watch the 5-10 minutes Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are on TV, then watch all NXT related stuff on the Network, and ignore everything else.

That's what I've been doing for the past 6 years.

Oh right, and watch SD next week, Edge is the nostalgia we all deserve.
I was doing this as well for awhile, theres just no reason to watch. Same shit all the time, people I want pushed either don't even get TV time or are used like Brian to put other 'lesser' workers over. At least if I watch AEW Pac and Omega are having awesome matches(even promos in the case of Pac) and everything is still pretty fresh even when matches have been repeated. WWE buries their talent into the ground until they literally have entirely used them up.

I hate the mentality that older wrestlers can't still matter. Like only young and new. Only fresh and people who haven't been over and are likeable.

Just watch the fucking drama and aw at the older guy still having it. That's the illusion.

People are so fucking woke about wrestling that they forget its an alternative universe. It's live drama. Immerse yourself.

There is Def better written stuff
It has absolutely nothing to do with age but Goldberg himself who has only half assed matches since coming back. He also beat someone who has been pushed consistently for months and booked very strong. It's a dumb decision.

Deleted member 42472

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 21, 2018
I did it.... I canceled WWE network after keeping it since it began.. I've been their biggest defender, hanging on through these mediocre times. But I"m out.

This Goldberg thing is ridiculous- the guy looks like an ass every time he gets in a ring now- and I don't care if they give him a silly squash for Saudi Arabia, but anything involving the title is just insanity. This should have been an opportunity to put Wyatt over big and create a "just WHO can beat this guy" moment. But nope. Whatsmore, I just don't care about pretty much anything they are building for WrestleMania. Taker again (and to ruin a match with Styles who deserves a worthy opponent that can actually GO in the ring with him), Cena and Wyatt?, Reigns vs. Goldberg (And with Reigns finally starting to get support, but now this match is just going to be a big hate fest).

Combine this with all the news that WWE is likely to soon yank PPV's from WWE Network, and stick them on ESPN+ for traditional PPV buys.. yeah, i'm out.

And just fyi, not running to AEW either- they use the same shitty PPV model. But hey, give me an affordable and fair priced way to access your product, and you gain a fan... just saying.
Aew has dark which is 100% free...

Aside from that. I think the njpw subscription is reasonable and all inclusive

Son of Sparda

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Building up the Fiend to be this crazy indestructible creature just to have him lose to fucking Gold Berg.

Man, fuck WWE.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Botchamania pointed out that Goldberg and Brock were both champs (heavy weight and world) in 2003. Lol.

Mcspooky

Oct 26, 2017
Love Goldberg. At least back in the day. Force of nature. His comeback ..what..2 years ago? Was a cool.event Not sure about my feelings on this now in 2020.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I was doing this as well for awhile, theres just no reason to watch. Same shit all the time, people I want pushed either don't even get TV time or are used like Brian to put other 'lesser' workers over. At least if I watch AEW Pac and Omega are having awesome matches(even promos in the case of Pac) and everything is still pretty fresh even when matches have been repeated. WWE buries their talent into the ground until they literally have entirely used them up.

Oh Absolutely, I pretty much hate the other 4.5 hours of WWE TV during the week and most of their PPVs, but I'm still a Bryan and AJ fan and want to see them, the alternative is not seeing them and I'd rather not just find out they will retire and I just missed all their final years.

On NXT I haven't being disappointed, maybe they missed the boat on making Keith Lee NXT champion, but besides that they make very good decisions, and I was hyped about Balor vs Cole, but instead out of left field they are going to give us Balor vs Walter, that is fucking awesome.

And AEW I love as much as NXT, although I would rather have Omega be the centerpiece of the show, but Jericho has been fantastic, but still there is way more than enough time to follow both NXT and AEW and I don't care about their silly head to head, however I think that does makes the weekly products much more interesting than if they didn't have competition.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fiend looks like he would have been a jobber during the attitude era. Gangrel level at best. Probably him vs boogeyman at best.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
So much hate on this thread.

People just chill, watch the 5-10 minutes Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles are on TV, then watch all NXT related stuff on the Network, and ignore everything else.
I mean yeah people generally are critical of things that insult their intelligence or are generally bad, right? If there was a thread about dog shit, and everyone was saying how bad it smelled, you aren't gonna say "why the hate, it makes good fertilizer!"

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
And that current popular star is a 80's gimmick who has boring main event and is impossible to book with its mythical power. Can they go forward with this kind of thing in 2020 ?? not sure.

Undertaker has always been a lame ass gimmick that should have stayed in the early 90s. But he was always been Vince's number one guy though and well protected, so it worked. Fiend is no worse. The difference is once again, Vince crippled it right when it was beginning with that terrible Hell in a Cell match. And even if it was not working, you're attempting to do a build of a 50 year old dude who can't go more than 5 minutes and was a limited ass wrestler 20s years.

Wrestling should always be about the past putting over the future, not burying it yet again.

Oct 25, 2017
The way he sandbagged his match against Ambrose because he personally didn't like him. Like, he purposefully put on a substandard match knowing it wouldn't affect him but it crippled Ambrose.
Wait are we talking about the Wrestlemaina match before he became World Champion made the face of SD! and had the worst World title run until Jinder and then had the worst Wrestling podcast interview in history? Yep sure Brock Crippled him not himself and his notoriously bad Attitude. Next are you going to tell me Austin Aries is misunderstood

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I mean yeah people generally are critical of things that insult their intelligence or are generally bad, right? If there was a thread about dog shit, and everyone was saying how bad it smelled, you aren't gonna say "why the hate, it makes good fertilizer!"
I understand that, I just think that there are good things worth it that belong to WWE. And personally I just ignore all the shit around it, that's why I never watch live unless it is a big ppv or Takeover.

Deafmitchell

Nov 7, 2019
WWE won't let it happen for another year but Goldberg vs Riddle would be Hogan vs HBK 2 great match, probably the best of Goldergs career and hilarious overselling. Granted Goldberg doesn't try and shoot and just get embarrassed

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Goldberg must be making the WWE money if they're going to keep bringing him back in huge roles, regardless of fans being mad because there are enough causal fans who tune in