• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Everyone in here needs to go and pour themselves a brutal bowl of Krat-O's.

PuSEWMT.png

Thanks to Nintendo for making my joke a reality.
I'd actually buy this lol

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Man I know it's my fault for waiting, but I didn't get around to trying to order this until today and now Amazon is sold out. I don't think I've ever seen them sell out of a video game pre launch. Guess I'll just grab it digital.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I know that the reviewer for ACG posts on here, has he mentioned when he is dropping his review?

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
I repeat this over and over but this is exactly what Seamus Blackley said about the differences between Sony and nintendo vs MS.
"How many times they would cancel the last guardian ?" - Seamus
Nintendo works under such a different philosophy. In the same shoes they would have scrapped a ton of the elements of the game and reused the best parts of a the core gameplay within a different, perhaps bigger title, or some other concept in the future. They are rarely tied to a vision and think of mechanics and fun gameplay as kind of a utility, with the themes and concepts being formed around it.

But yeah, current MS would scrap a game like TLG early and that'd be it.

brownmagic

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth playing GOW 1 - 3 before playing this? Is there a collection on PS4 a la Uncharted Legacy Collection?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I know it's my fault for waiting, but I didn't get around to trying to order this until today and now Amazon is sold out. I don't think I've ever seen them sell out of a video game pre launch. Guess I'll just grab it digital.
I don't get it.
It's not like Sony began this publishing thing yesterday...they are doing this for well over two fucking decades, so how exactly does this happen?
Guys, please don't bring up Total Biscuit's tweet in this thread, it got locked once before because of that.

Let's keep this (mostly) centered around God of War itself.
Is it the tweet about FPS?

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yeah like "Should be experienced by every human on earth", I mean I understand it is probably good but really....?
So should reviews temper their excitement or should they say what the game actually made them feel?

I'd say that quote about countless books, films and albums. If this game made that big of an impact on them, why not say that?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
And that is on top of the problems And pressure that came from SSM having just cancelled a new IP.

It is crazy.
Had a game that wasn't received as well as other GoW games (Ascension)
Had a new IP canceled
Had a good amount of people layed off
Had a few failures in terms of incubation projects (biggest fuck up being The Order 1886)
Closed the incubation team
Put out a critically successful (highest rated GoW game) and as it appears commercially successful GoW game.
Studio had a lot of issues, but they put everything into this game and it's paying off.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I repeat this over and over but this is exactly what Seamus Blackley said about the differences between Sony and nintendo vs MS.
"How many times they would cancel the last guardian ?" - Seamus

It's still a wonder The Last Guardian ever got released. I'd imagine any other publisher would have cancelled that project a long time ago.

Such a wonderful game too (albeit the controls being dreadful).

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Nintendo works under such a different philosophy. In the same shoes they would have scrapped a ton of the elements of the game and reused the best parts of a the core gameplay within a different, perhaps bigger title, or some other concept in the future. They are rarely tied to a vision and think of mechanics and fun gameplay as kind of a utility, with the themes and concepts being formed around it.

But yeah, current MS would scrap a game like TLG early and that'd be it.
He says that Nintendo (too) understands the creative process when you are dealing with games. Things TAKE TIME :P

Oct 25, 2017
Had a game that wasn't received as well as other GoW games (Ascension)
Had a new IP canceled
Had a good amount of people layed off
Had a few failures in terms of incubation projects (biggest fuck up being The Order 1886)
Closed the incubation team
Put out a critically successful (highest rated GoW game) and as it appears commercially successful GoW game.
Studio had a lot of issues, but they put everything into this game and it's paying off.
The truth.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
He says that Nintendo (too) understands the creative process when you are dealing with games. Things TAKE TIME :P
Yeah but I also think a game like TLG wouldn't get produced under Nintendo in the same way. For better or worse, the game that Ueda came up with all those years ago is the same one that came out. Nintendo gives the time, but more often than not will tinker and play with something until it really fits what they're looking for from a gameplay perspective. I don't think one is really better than the other. It's great to have both and it's what makes them my two favorite publishers right now.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Only 94 meta? Pass, I only play 95+ games.

/s obviously
I'll play it eventually but I still haven't even played GoW3.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Am I going crazy or is the regular physical version sold out on Amazon? I can't find it
EDIT: nvm I'm seeing in the thread now that it is. Crazy

Toiletduck

Dec 10, 2017
I predicted a 91 MC—very happy to hear that the game surpassed my expectations.

Do we know the publication date of EDGE's review?

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Incase anyone is wondering about Dan rykert and his review for giant bomb, it's looking very good. He's tweeted that "it's a very good game" and when asked if he's taking his time or blazing through it he said he's taking his time and doing side stuff. If it hit a bit of a weird old school Zelda "itch" with him with all the puzzles and back tracking etc, I could see him giving it a 5. But again, 4 or 5 whatever. Its an amazing game

Status
Not open for further replies.