• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
So to no one's surprise, God of War Ragnarok and Spider-Man 2 lead the most watched trailers at the PS5 showcase with Wolverine rounding out the top 3

A lot of people seem to be excited for these 3 games.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
"Creative bankruptcy"tm

Trailers show that those games are bringing great premises and it's showing.

Jul 2, 2021
kratos-god-of-war.gif

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
Wolverine was always the most popular X-Man so that number isn't surprising.

Wolverine was KING of the 90's superhero's, i mean he still is. His own cartoons, like 1000 solo comic series including one of the most popular old man logan, a lot of cross over, his own movies, actions figures etc.

Wolverine is def top 5 most iconic super hero.

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Wolverine was KING of the 90's superhero's, i mean he still is. His own cartoons, like 1000 solo comic series including one of the most popular old man logan, a lot of cross over, his own movies, actions figures etc.

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine

I was never a Wolverine fan but yeah this is a solid list. You could believably say Spider-Man, Batman, then the other three are fighting it out for third place because DC is incompetent and did nothing with Superman for decades.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
For a 53 second teaser...Wolverine got...7 million views....?

These numbers are 24 hours later....

I said cot dayum...

Era bubble, meet reality.
Reality, say hi.

Ppl, if you havent, watch the 4K versions. So much better.

And I think all the games in the OP were what I was hyped about the most. Project Eve seemed ok too.

KOTOR and Wolverine were wtf moments.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Would have been 15 million views if it was a Scott Summers game

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
PlayStation Studios' games are a big deal, no surprises here. Wolverine was the most hype game announcement in all of 2021

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Great news for God of War & Forspoken.

As for the Insomniac games, I really wish I could be excited for them. But their toxic work culture, especially regarding how they treat their women, is killing the hype for me.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Great news for God of War & Forspoken.

As for the Insomniac games, I really wish I could be excited for them. But their toxic work culture, especially regarding how they treat their women, is killing the hype for me.
I'm personally excited but this needs to be mentioned.

People seem to gloss over this when it's a dev they like.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wolverine is a Beast.
A teaser trailer that tells us almost nothing about the game racking up 7 mil views is impressive indeed. Insomniac will def be the Sony dev with the most units sold this gen (across all games). Their Marvel stuff and Ratchet will sell like hotcakes.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So to no one's surprise, God of War Ragnarok and Spider-Man 2 lead the most watched trailers at the PS5 showcase with Wolverine rounding out the top 3

A lot of people seem to be excited for these 3 games.

I've basically been singing the X-Men animated show theme tune since the Wolverine teaser so this all checks out.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
A teaser trailer that tells us almost nothing about the game racking up 7 mil views is impressive indeed. Insomniac will def be the Sony dev with the most units sold this gen (across all games). Their Marvel stuff and Ratchet will sell like hotcakes.
I don't get why you and others are saying this. It's not like all of those 7 million people knew what the trailer showed before watching it. So what it really shows is how many are curios about a Wolverine game.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I don't get why you and others are saying this. It's not like all of those 7 million people knew what the trailer showed before watching it. So what it really shows is how many are curios about a Wolverine game.

It's the only way to really measure interest in anything that consist of jsut a video

Broseph

Mar 2, 2021
God of War is going to be massive. I think the 2018 game sold more than the original trilogy combined and is probably at or over 20 million units by now

A true powerhouse franchise

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine
I do feel like Black Panther has become the modern version of that.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
It's the only way to really measure interest in anything that consist of jsut a video
True we don't have other metrics yet. But that's not what irritates me. I am irritated by some people saying a teaser trailer telling us nothing getting so many views is impressive. Like people knew what was shown and clicked on the video despite that.

I am basically saying the success has nothing to do with what was shown and it's all about wolverine - the franchise and obviously PS Studios reputation.

starfoxxxy

Gravity Is Hard
Banned
Mar 13, 2021
I also think theres a bigger conversation around the practicality of E3 or any big gaming conference for publishers. Sony got these views on their own on a random september weekday. Yeah, i know its sony but there's absolutely nothing to stop microsoft and nintendo from skipping it next year.

I think whats gonna eventually happen is all 3 platform holders are gonna host their own individual e3's from this point on. Kind of like how apple does their one show a year

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I also think theres a bigger conversation around the practicality of E3 or any big gaming conference for publishers. Sony got these views on their own on a random september weekday. Yeah, i know its sony but there's absolutely nothing to stop microsoft and nintendo from skipping it next year.

I think whats gonna eventually happen is all 3 platform holders are gonna host their own individual e3's from this point on. Kind of like how apple does their one show a year
That depends on if the actual venue returns next year.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I guess they are adding the view counts of multiple trailers on multiple channels? Because on just Playstation's Youtube account the numbers I find are a bit different:

1) Spider-Man: 6.7 million
2) God of War: 4 million
3) Wolverine: 2 million

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
I guess they are adding the view counts of multiple trailers on multiple channels? Because on just Playstation's Youtube account the numbers I find are a bit different:

Seems like it. The Ragnarok trailer has an additional ~5 million views on IGN's channel alone.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia

Well would be stupid not to, on IGN these are the numbers for the trailers (they uploaded twice for each lol) :

1) Spider-Man 2: 1.3 million + 443k
2) God of War: 3.9 million + 1m
3) Wolverine: 3.7 million + 215k

Megabreath

Oct 25, 2018
I honestly think Sony could just release only those 3 games and it would be enough to carry them through the generation.

Deleted member 10014

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 11, 2021

Superman
Batman
Spiderman
Hulk
Wolverine

No, iron Man is more popular than Wolverine.