• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jul 4, 2019
Noooooooo!!

Netflix with the heel turn...

Makes sense. Disappointed it was cancelled, but good to see everyone still got paid.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Derenewing is so fucked up...I understand covid but damn

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This seems especially harsh by Netflix. Covid or not, Netflix are continuously disappointing on how they treat their shows.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Netflix ending a show after three seasons, that is a shocker.

I still need to watch S3. I hope it's not a big cliffhanger.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, this year fucking sucks. :(

This absolutely sucks. The article goes into it:

-Show films in LA, which has been one of the toughest places to get stuff restarted
-Show is about wrestling, so that would be a lot of physical contact
-Cast is huge (like 20 characters) which raises the cost to do it safely by a lot
-By the time they were ready to go it would be 2.5 years after S3 and they were worried about there being no audience left for it

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What?!!! But they even filmed for nearly a month. What a waste.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
A lot of what's going to happen, is that actors contracts, or production company contracts are going to expire, and then it's very difficult to get casts back together... or prohibitively expensive and time consuming to renegotiate.

A LOT of shows are just going to end... especially if they were later in their runs.

jvalioli

Oct 27, 2017
This sucks.

Reasoning in the article makes sense (most won't read it). At least everyone got paid for the season anyway even if they only shot one episode.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
SXhvFNx.png

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
This absolutely sucks. The article goes into it:

-Show films in LA, which has been one of the toughest places to get stuff restarted
-Show is about wrestling, so that would be a lot of physical contact
-Cast is huge (like 20 characters) which raises the cost to do it safely by a lot
-By the time they were ready to go it would be 2.5 years after S3 and they were worried about there being no audience left for it

Large cast and uncertain start date means they're gonna start running into scheduling issues with actors who may have other commitments.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I've slowly been working towards not watching Netflix shows until I know they've gotten a non-truncated ending. I just really don't enjoy unexpected and or cliffhanger endings, and this is one of those shows I'll never watch due to this.

I know I'll be missing out on a ton of good shows, but my "TV time" is limited enough that I don't really wanna invest it in incomplete series.

Dank Lotion

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. I haven't watched season 3 yet. Should I even bother now? 2 ended at a good enough place for me to pretend that's the real ending lol

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, WHAT

They'd BETTER give them at least a one/two hour special in the future to finish the series

I'm so mad right now

SoleSurvivor

Oct 27, 2017
This move makes sense for a wrestling show in the age of covid. Cool the cast still got paid for season 4 at least.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
This cancellation honestly makes logical sense, which is surprising considering most Netflix cancellations.

Like the actors and camera crew HAVE to be up close with each other because of the nature of the show, and the realities of COVID means there would need to be a long hold until a qualified vaccine is available. Even then it wouldn't be perfect.

At least everyone got paid.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Wait, WHAT

They'd BETTER give them at least a one/two hour special in the future to finish the series

I'm so mad right now
Probably an animated vignette to close out the series? Animation isn't cheap either, but seems more social distance friendly.

Dustlander

Dec 25, 2017
Brazil
Oh fuck no

Netflix in 2020 is BRUTAL, man. I mean, I can't blame them because of the pandemic, but at the same time, they're making rivers of money due to quarantine/social distancing, so nothing is stopping them to just delay these shows instead of cancelling everything. Fucking hell.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, goddamn. That really fucking sucks. I get it from a logistical point of view but they deserved to go out on their terms.

And another shitty blow for Marc in what's already been a brutal year for him.

Netflix ending a show after three seasons, that is a shocker.

I still need to watch S3. I hope it's not a big cliffhanger.

I wouldn't say it's a cliffhanger but it was definitely not meant to be the end of the story.

What a shame. S3 was really great too.