What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• A Peaceful Life in Satan City

Votes: 125 43.3%
  • Bro-ohs Before Ho-ohs

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Anime In The Streets, Hentai In The Sheets

Votes: 113 39.1%
  • Grip It & Rip It

Votes: 14 4.8%
  • Ban Francisco

Votes: 20 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
It's like so many horrible things happen in quick succession that you think they're more spread out than they actually are.

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Since having a child time has lost all meaning. I was talking at work about a job from a few years ago and someone interrupted me and said um that was in February.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure there's more than just you, jubbe, jintor, fantastopotamus and me from Australia in this thread

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Turn 10 and Playground Games are kind of magicians.... This is crazy good performances considering that absolutely everything is maxed out (higher than the Ultra preset)...
L05PAod.jpg

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Irish pubs are literally everywhere and I've never assumed they were authentic.

People outside Ireland think that the music video for Galway Girl is totally fake cultural appropriation by Ed but it's a pretty literal example of a normal night out in Galway or Sligo. Well, apart from the bit where you pick up Saoirse Ronan and she brings you back to her place to stare out at the ocean.

Tho I suppose the fake Irish bars are the ones drenched with green lighting and Celtic jerseys and tri colours everywhere. If I'm overseas I tend to not want to go to someone's facsimile of what's at home so I mightn't have too much experience with low grade Irish pubs.

I just wish there was a restaurant chain that served potato cakes and bacon and cabbage meals, because Irish food is bizarre in a way that will probably confuse people. And that would be funny.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
K-pop stuff. Two idols (Hyuna and E'Dawn) announced they were dating a few months ago, some fans got pissy about it (harassment, threats, etc.). Fast forward to about an hour ago and the company announced they dropped both of them, Hyuna was their top earning artist and E'Dawn was part of one of their top groups. Fans are pissed, their stock price has dropped 8%, and I don't see why anyone would want to work with them after this.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish there was a restaurant chain that served potato cakes and bacon and cabbage meals, because Irish food is bizarre in a way that will probably confuse people. And that would be funny.

I think you're missing the point in that nothing they serve in an outback steakhouse resembles Australian cuisine.

So it would be Irish themed food that resembles nothing like what they serve in Ireland.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
K-pop stuff. Two idols (Hyuna and E'Dawn) announced they were dating a few months ago, some fans got pissy about it (harassment, threats, etc.). Fast forward to about an hour ago and the company announced they dropped both of them, Hyuna was their top earning artist and E'Dawn was part of one of their top groups. Fans are pissed, their stock price has dropped 8%, and I don't see why anyone would want to work with them after this.

The K-pop/Jpop industry are precarious beasts.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
More like K-pop and idol fans are fucking psychotic.

It would be like if gamergate dictates what happens in the gaming industry- wait a minute.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think you're missing the point in that nothing they serve in an outback steakhouse resembles Australian cuisine.

So it would be Irish themed food that resembles nothing like what they serve in Ireland.

But that's the point, the boiled bacon would become deli sliced ham and the cabbage would become spinach or something. And there'd be waitresses and waiters with exclusively red hair dressed as leprechauns. And every meal would come with a glass of Guiness straight from a can. You couldn't even order water if you wanted to.

God, I should stop or I'll give away all my good ideas.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
More like K-pop and idol fans are fucking psychotic.

It would be like if gamergate dictates what happens in the gaming industry- wait a minute.
Yeah, it's always been one of my biggest issues with K/J-pop, and it's kinda worrying that I'm starting to see the same behavior in a lot of the younger fans that are jumping in with BTS.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
But that's the point, the boiled bacon would become deli sliced ham and the cabbage would become spinach or something. And there'd be waitresses and waiters with exclusively red hair dressed as leprechauns. And every meal would come with a glass of Guiness straight from a can. You couldn't even order water if you wanted to.

God, I should stop or I'll give away all my good ideas.

Would bono be playing 24/7?

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017

I mean Australian cuisine doesn't really have an identity, so the idea of an Australian themed restaurant doesn't really make sense to begin with. Australian cafes are popping up overseas, which makes far more sense.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Would bono be playing 24/7?

I like your thinking, only songs where he's the solo artist, none of that good 80s U2 shit. I'd play the Metallica version of Whiskey in the Jar and not the Thin Lizzy one just to fuck with people. They don't deserve good music if they come to my restaurant.

When it was someone's birthday I'd have the lights dim and make an LED rainbow and then wheel in a little pot of gold foil chocolates. But that'd cost the parents a tenner extra.

Deleted member 22476

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Real talk I hate tim tam slams you are turning a perfect biscuit into a soggy mess.

Some wan from the homeplace who move to Sydney a few years back came home a few months ago for her wedding and smuggled in a truck load of Tim Tams.

They're just fuckin Penguin bars. I mean, I think they're literally just repackaged Penguin bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.