What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Babby On Twitter

Votes: 36 12.1%
  • Good Luck Vinny

Votes: 94 31.6%
  • When Someone Pings The Heavy Ammo, I Don't Feel Like They Care About Me As A Person

Votes: 18 6.1%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 87 29.3%
  • A Dark Hedgehog With A Fucking Machine Gun

Votes: 21 7.1%
  • Lol

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • SMART GAME GOING BAMMER

Votes: 25 8.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Rise of Skywalker
3153543-tenor%20%281%29.gif

Best of the new trilogy in all honesty

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Speaking of Star Wars, cause everyone loves it, Mando was somehow one of the best things put out by Disney since acquiring the money machine from Lucas.
Rise of Skywalker
3153543-tenor%20%281%29.gif

Best of the new trilogy in all honesty
Tbf the whole trilogy ended up being a big bowl of lukewarm meh, but Rise was like the flashiest bland mess of the trilogy.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
There are old Kenny Vs Spenny reruns on tv right now and that show is still as shit as it ever was...

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Well GOTY is over so I'm moving on to a more topical avatar shortly
Actually I meant to say "gif". Not sure why "avatar" came out. I was just being facetious and the wrong word came out. Sorry. Your avatar is perpetually charming!

There are old Kenny Vs Spenny reruns on tv right now and that show is still as shit as it ever was...
It was really of a time.

I feel like Nirvanna The Band The Show superceded it and then they shat all over the CRTC anyway...

This isn't super happy in retrospect.

Edit: Ah, here it its:

This shit is bitter. Like I'm sure Letterkenny is good and I plan to watch it but this is pretty damning of our local platforms in general.

Frankly, Canadian video games have been doing leagues better than Canadian TV has internationally. We have some of the best studios in the world here for games. And I love that.

But our film & tv is kinda just being farmed out for American content at the moment and it is kinda robbing us of having an identity in that space.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I meant to say "gif". Not sure why "avatar" came out. I was just being facetious and the wrong word came out. Sorry. Your avatar is perpetually charming!

It was really of a time.

I feel like Nirvanna The Band The Show superceded it and then they shat all over the CRTC anyway...

This shit is bitter. Like I'm sure Letterkenny is good and I plan to watch it but this is pretty damning of our local platforms in general.

Frankly, Canadian video games have been doing leagues better than Canadian TV has internationally. We have some of the best studios in the world here for games. And I love that.

But our film & tv is kinda just being farmed out for American content at the moment and it is kinda robbing us of having an identity in that space.

Yup this has always been an issue with the "roc".

In Quebec we have a lot of great French speaking shows created locally and often sold internationally. For example, "Un gars, une fille" from the late 90s was sold in over 30 countries and made the creator (and main character) ridiculously rich.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
If I were to buy my first Total War game, should it be Warhammer 2 (or 1?) or Three Kingdoms?
I'm new to the series but I think Total Warhammer 2 is a great entry point.

I'm 12 hours in and it's clear i haven't even reached the surface yet, but i got a hold of the basics real quick.

The TW community here is really accommodating so if you have questions ask around in the OT.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/total-war-warhammer-ii-ot-summon-the-elector-counts.18227/

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I'm new to the series but I think Total Warhammer 2 is a great entry point.

I'm 12 hours in and it's clear i haven't even reached the surface yet, but i got a hold of the basics real quick.
Every army in Total Warhammer 2 is super disparate for better and worse.

In Three Kingdoms you kinda at least know what you're getting because it's almost based on real life.

Yup this has always been an issue with the "roc".

In Quebec we have a lot of great French speaking shows created locally and often sold internationally. For example, "Un gars, une fille" from the late 90s was sold in over 30 countries and made the creator (and main character) ridiculously rich.

Like this little bit of magic only has 12,000 views:

And then this is also only a little over 12,000:

It's all so goofy and good.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Well now I have to take a new picture of my asshole dog.

I was referring to the gif, goddammit!

Anyway, it's about 2020 and we could all do with a refresher.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
If I were to buy my first Total War game, should it be Warhammer 2 (or 1?) or Three Kingdoms?
3K would be easier to learn, but TWWH2 has a lot more gameplay variety. Creative Assembly's gotten good with tutorials so you shouldn't be lost with either.

I'd recommend TWWH2 over 3K, mostly because I prefer the deeper RPG systems and fantasy setting.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
3K would be easier to learn, but TWWH2 has a lot more gameplay variety. Creative Assembly's gotten good with tutorials so you shouldn't be lost with either.

I'd recommend TWWH2 over 3K, mostly because I prefer the deeper RPG systems and fantasy setting.
So they aren't going to make a proper Total War 40K game because the tabletop stuff is the only thing bringing in money for them anymore, right? After the rebooted WH Fantasy, I had to assume as much.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017

I can confirm as a total TW noob, I bought both War2 and 3k in the span of a few months... 3k is prettier and the UI is more slick but War2 is more fun and totally approachable for a newbie.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So they aren't going to make a proper Total War 40K game because the tabletop stuff is the only thing bringing in money for them anymore, right? After the rebooted WH Fantasy, I had to assume as much.
Problem with 40k is that there's too many guns. CA would have to rethink Total War from the ground up to make it work.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? I'm always looking for more videos or streams to watch while I play Warframe and DS3 and I haven't watch any Total War campaigns in months... I got to sub back to Lionheart's channel tomorrow.

Feb 12, 2019
To bring Dishonored back up for a sec, while I'd probably say 2 is the better game (if you pointed a gun to my head) I've also only played through it in its entirety once, whereas I'm pretty sure I've finished Dishonored 1 like four times. The thing is, Emily's powerset is definitely built in such a way that you can tell they were thinking of cool fun dynamic interactions in that very Immersive Sim-esque way. It's a lot of fun to take out an entire room of guards with the link power and a single sleep dart... but Corvo's powers from 1 are basically unchanged and are still a blunt, profoundly effective hammer, especially if you're going lethal.

Billie's powerset in Death of the Outsider is somehow even more straightforwardly effective than either, especially thanks to the changes they made to the recharge rate, (and also not making the player feel "bad" for playing lethally) but of course my problem with Death of the Outsider is that only two of its five levels are all that standout. I honestly think the Daud DLC from the first game is a little stronger on just a pure level design end.

im consumed with total warhammer
As someone who was also recently consumed with Total Warhammer, (scroll to near the end if you want my spiel on it) your experience mirrors mine pretty well. Sort of amazed you started with Brettonia, given how much micromanaging all that cavalry needs, but then again my first full campaign was as the Skaven, who are all about "tricky shit" and a very disruptive, very disposable front line.

Last edited:

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Well Winter Games 2019 sure was worth staying up for.

I'm so happy Abby won that silly contest. Gordon Ramsay of all people huh

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Having played both Dishonored game multiple times in various ways, they're both very entertaining however you play them and you should not let the chaos system prevent you from doing whatever you want.

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did everyone else figure who they were trying to guess 10 mins before they did? They seem to have a range of about 5 questions to ask.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
i finished outer wilds

i figured out all the machinations of this solar system but had to ask for help with flipping a switch lol

I get it now. This game is powerful.

Just an awe-inspiring experience of scientific curiosity and discovery that's elevated by its philosophical criticality and grounded by its understanding of personal and collective relationships. I am moved by this game in so many ways.

Now time to go back and listen to every part of the GOTYcasts that discussed Outer Wilds and root for it to win GOTY because I haven't listened to all of Day 5 yet!

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really shouldn't care that much but since Steam now shows how many people have gotten certain achievements (or did it always had that feature?) and I can't stop being fascinated by it.
A quarter of all the people who bought Red Dead 2 have not completed the first mission in it. 60% have completed Chapter 1. 20% have completed Chapter 2.
I really wonder if all those people are just playing Red Dead Online or if really that many people just buy games without playing them.
I like to check achievement stats and this is very common. Most games never get finished. By the halfway point you've often lost most of 'em.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Slay the Spire fucking rules.

Edit: Also I'm trading in Outer Worlds. I didn't give it much of a chance but it seems most people were pretty lukewarm on it anyway and it certainly wasn't grabbing me early on... which by all accounts is when the game is actually good.

Oct 27, 2017
Also Outer Worlds reminded me that I can no longer stand scavenging around for bullshit loot in games. I think the last game I could tolerate it in was New Vegas, or I suppose The Witcher 3, but honestly it never felt that egregious in that game.

Sep 12, 2018

It was really of a time.

Saw one of this guys movies in an indie cinema here a few years ago, really liked it but it took me a while to put two and two together that it was the dude from Nirvana The Band The Show!

Status
Not open for further replies.