• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 8, 2018
ghostbusters-the-video-game-remastered-normalhero-01-ps4-us-30may2019

Just in time for Ghostbuster's 35th anniversary, the beloved and critically acclaimed Ghostbusters Video Game is back and remastered for modern consoles and PC!

With Manhattan newly overrun by ghosts and other supernatural creatures, it's up to you to take on the role of a new recruit joining the original film cast of the famous Ghostbusters team. Equipped with a variety of unique weapons and gadgets, you will hunt, fight and capture a wide range of uncanny phantasms and demons in a funny and frightening battle to save New York City from its latest paranormal plague.

Info:
Release Date: October 4, 2019
Developers: Terminal Reality (Original 2009 release), Saber Interactive (Remastered release)
Publisher: Mad Dog Games LLC
Platforms: PS4, XB1, Switch, PC (via Epic Games Store)
Price: $24.99 on EGS, $29.99 on PS4, XB1, and Switch (Physical copies of the PS4, XB1 and Switch versions are exclusive to GameStop in the US for $29.99)
Genre: Action-adventure

Features:
  • Authentic Ghostbusters Experience - The game features the voices and in-game likenesses of Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson in an original story penned by the writers of the original films - Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.
  • Unique Gameplay - Experience unique ghost hunting, wrangling and trapping with upgradeable weapons in widely destructible environments. Test the team's mettle with large scale boss fights.
  • Storyline Campaign - Play through a unique storyline as the player battles and captures ghosts - both well-loved and brand new - throughout New York.

*Multiplayer from the original game will NOT be included at launch. It is being rebuilt from the ground up and will arrive in a FREE FUTURE UPDATE. Currently, there is no ETA for the Multiplayer update*

Screenshots:

Trailers/Gameplay

Reviews:

TBA

giphy.gif

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Excuse my ignorance- is the Switch version a Wii port, or using the same assets/content as the PC/360/PS3 versions did?

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Never got to play this last gen, but I have a Switch copy on the way. Might save it for Halloween though, not sure yet.

Korghano

Oct 25, 2017
I have the original on PC, is there a point to this remaster on PC? I haven't seen any info anywhere regarding new features or updates.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My buddy Mitch Garver said he's going to play through the Switch game while watching the re-release of the film in theaters.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Thank you for clarifying! Now I just need to decide if I want it in 4k on XBX or on Switch.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Mines been sent today.

The trophies/achievements are the same as the original just without the missing multiplayer ones. So hopefully it'll be a fun plat and not too long.

Oct 27, 2017
Mines been sent today.

The trophies/achievements are the same as the original just without the missing multiplayer ones. So hopefully it'll be a fun plat and not too long.

Thank you, God!

Thanks for making this OT, OP! Was hoping someone was.

I know reviews are way too early, but is there any comparison footage of the game yet?

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not Gamestop's biggest fan, but them doing this back in the day for pre-orders was pretty cool.

Robert81

Nov 2, 2017
Day one purchase for me. Buying Xbox and switch copies from GameStop. Can't wait to re play this game in 4K.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice OT. This game is my underrated game of the gen last gen. Always made sure I mentioned the game to anyone I talked gaming with. I even made a thread on gaf praising its sound design which is so very well done using assets and cues from the film(s). Love it. Preloading on the PS4 at the moment.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Multiplayer later? Makes it easy to pass for now. Doesnt make me confident in the port, that's for sure

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered physical for switch, won't open it. If the game is decent on the Switch I'll grab another to open. Definitely getting it on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Physical.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Picking it up on X1X, love the Ghostbusters and loved this game. Just can't decide if I wanna start playing it right away or save it for closer to Halloween.

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So if you already have the Steam version of the original release what all has been added to make it worth it?

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Great...I saw the OP and it only reminded me of one thing:

With this game to keep me occupied, I really won't be afraid of no sleep.

So if you already have the Steam version of the original release what all has been added to make it worth it?
Haven't kept to abreast of the news but I think the graphical upgrade is it unless they've been holding back other features for reveal on release.

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered physical for switch, won't open it. If the game is decent on the Switch I'll grab another to open. Definitely getting it on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. Physical.

Good call. After the craziness with last years Gamestop exclusives (Bendy And Katamari Encore), I wouldn't take chances with availability.

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Forgot this was about to come out. I enjoyed what I played of the game back then, but I didn't finish it. Ghostbusters is my favorite movie and I do feel like I owe it to myself to get this and finish it this time

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I had been thinking about re-buying this on 360 for nostalgia sake, but if the Switch port is solid, I might just get that version instead.

Haven't gotten a chance to watch the footage someone shared, but does anyone have any hands-on impressions?

Feb 15, 2018
I want to order this for delivery tomorrow, but I need to know if it runs ok on Switch before I do. Anyone able to confirm it does not have any ruinous bugs that need patching?

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
From what I've seen there's nothing different from the last PC release including the lack of multiplayer. (I have serious doubts they will actually add it.)

Which is a shame, maybe I'll be surprised but they've basically shown almost nothing except non stop CG cutscenes. ¬_¬

Already got it on steam but if there's 0 difference will glady get the Switch version if it runs good, as I love the game and playing it anywhere would be awesome.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I liked this game when it hit. It allowed me to live out some childhood fantasies, for sure, and I thought the cast was great. The co-op mode was a hoot.

I'm not so sure this package looks terribly upgraded. I also doubt the multiplayer is actively being developed right now.

Oct 25, 2017
So it has a lovely "In loving memory of Harold Ramis" as the game begins, and it feels like its 60fps, not sure if its locked though.
The textures and graphics just look like a simple case of upping the resolution.
My PS4 Pro's fan is going nuts though and I dont think the trophy list is on the network yet as it gives me an error when you get one.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
So it has a lovely "In loving memory of Harold Ramis" as the game begins, and it feels like its 60fps, not sure if its locked though.
The textures and graphics just look like a simple case of upping the resolution.
My PS4 Pro's fan is going nuts though and I dont think the trophy list is on the network yet as it gives me an error when you get one.

Weird question, but is there 'sixaxis' support?

Oct 25, 2017
Weird question, but is there 'sixaxis' support?
Not that I can see in the options.
The pre-rendered cut-scenes are also at the original resolution, so they do not looked to be up-scaled or improved on.
I'm loving it tho, enjoyed it the first time round and as a massive Ghostbusters fan, this scratches the itch once again.