• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This looks really fucking good... almost to the point where I would love to see a battle royal mode as well.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Why do these Ghost Recon games have such janky and odd player controlled and death animations? They seem really outdated looking. The environments look nice though.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Why do these Ghost Recon games have such janky and odd player controlled and death animations? They seem really outdated looking. The environments look nice though.

It's bizarre how janky some of the animations look, especially when you remember that some of Ubi's other titles like For Honor and the Assassin's Creed series have some of the best and smoothest animations in the industry.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I really don't know. I hope they fixed that.

I think they're sharing tech with For Honor this time around, as the camera is a bit looser than it was in Wildlands. I think that it'll get better, this was early alpha footage after all.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
Where do all these rogue soldier villains get all this money?

A private army and a legion of sci-fi drones can't come cheap. Not to mention all these ornate facilities.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It looks amazing, but so did Red Dead Redemption 2, and what a stinker that was for me. I play games for fun, not to simulate tedious things like hunger, tiredness etc. So I'm very sceptical about this new game. I hope Ubisoft doesn't take the Rockstar's approach

I hope they go all in on survival, even more so than RDR2. Those mechanics are so much fun and RDR2 is the most fun I've had this generation.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
It's bizarre how janky some of the animations look, especially when you remember that some of Ubi's other titles like For Honor and the Assassin's Creed series have some of the best and smoothest animations in the industry.

There was huge "Pre-Alpha Gameplay" watermark on the video. It could be a small hint about why quality of shown material may not be even and polished at every turn.

I know that most of the time such brandings (pre-alpha, alpha, beta...) mean absolutely nothing in modern AAA industry when shown as public facing watermark, but this far out from release it could actually mean something and it isn't really that big deal that some assets are still going through iteration and polish.

Where do all these rogue soldier villains get all this money?

A private army and a legion of sci-fi drones can't come cheap. Not to mention all these ornate facilities.

Island is owned and ran by corporation / man that has basically monopoly on civilian, industry and military drone tech in Ghost Recon universe.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
IGN's preview erased the hype that I was building. They said it is very similar to Wildlands and is still best played in co-op. I felt Wildlands wasn't good solo, so I guess I'm sadly out.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Any dev comments on re/works done to address the vehicle handling/physics? Was atrocious in Wildlands, especially on bike.

MistaPropella

Oct 26, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Wild lands didn't much for me so perhaps this will be more my thing. Didn't like how it controlled and everyone being way too edgy with the swearing like Micky Rourke in Rogue Warrior.

Hopefully this combines the shooting and controls of Division with the tactical stuff of Wild Lands.
Hopefully not, the shooting and movement in Wildlands is so much better than in Division.

Isee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ubisoft, just get the Terminator license and make an open world, stealth Ghost Recon like Terminator game that is set in the "future", where you are hunted by t800/1000.
One thing your DLCs and "stand allone addons" taught me: Your teams are best when allowed to being creative and not grounded in "realism". Look at Blood Dragon, New Dawn, and the 2nd Origins and Odyssey DLCs!
Set yourself free from Tom Clancy, try new settings, more creative settings!

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Games can look so damn interesting when hiding the UI. Why don't they 'hide' the UI in the end product as well and you know... design the game around it a bit.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I like how if you watch the gameplay at certain points the bullets don't even land or are shot yet and the enemy soldiers just feign death even though clearly no bullets have even been shot yet.

https://youtu.be/XvHGqvV0qRg?t=540

Looks good, gameplay at parts also looks pretty fake/staged though, like a WEIRD vertical slice. Wildlands was similar and looked much worse when released.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Yesss, T-Hunt: The Villa!!

Well, it's a typical Ubi nonsense video but i'm all in. Give me good coop.

Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Am I the only one thinking that Ubi is releasing too many "identikit" games? I love GR and still play it, I am also playing the Division 2, and this new GR doesn't really excite me that much.

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Looks good, gameplay at parts also looks pretty fake/staged though, like a WEIRD vertical slice. Wildlands was similar and looked much worse when released.

They're trying to showcase new features. But I agree it appears a little forced. For people who hadn't played the first game, you'd probably struggle to notice what was new. So when the soldier is downed by the tank, whilst it looks weird how he's only caught by a couple bullets, it's just an opportunity to showcase the new carrying a teammate mechanic.

I think this type of game would've benefited from a R* style narrator lead breakdown of the new systems.

Darknight34

Banned
Apr 29, 2018
I really hope it handles better.. It's so awful, in my opinion, in wildlands. I played every other ghost recon a lot, but it just controls so bad.

Oct 27, 2017
After sleeping this over I would have rather wanted this to be set in an actual warone like the previous games. Raiding some designer houses on a deserted island just get's old after a while.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I like how if you watch the gameplay at certain points the bullets don't even land or are shot yet and the enemy soldiers just feign death even though clearly no bullets have even been shot yet.

https://youtu.be/XvHGqvV0qRg?t=540

Actually no you're incorrect.
His reaction starts almost exactly when the bullets are fired and by that time 2 bullets have already been fired, and it's a high RoF gun. It looks quite realistic.

dragn

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
just make a damn open world splinter cell

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
After sleeping this over I would have rather wanted this to be set in an actual warone like the previous games. Raiding some designer houses on a deserted island just get's old after a while.

We got to see very tiny portion of the map, like 1% small. If even that. I have no doubt there will be plenty location variety like there will be biome variety.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
Ubisoft, just get the Terminator license and make an open world, stealth Ghost Recon like Terminator game that is set in the "future", where you are hunted by t800/1000.
One thing your DLCs and "stand allone addons" taught me: Your teams are best when allowed to being creative and not grounded in "realism". Look at Blood Dragon, New Dawn, and the 2nd Origins and Odyssey DLCs!
Set yourself free from Tom Clancy, try new settings, more creative settings!

I would LOVE a properly done Tech-Comm 4 player Terminator/Future War open world game!
TimeOfDay cycle, HunterKillers with search lights, vehicular mayhem, vast terrain, T800s infiltrating rebels, Skynet bunkers & outposts and then finally fight your way up into the Cheyenne Mountains towards Skynet's time displacement HQ.
Wildlands is so close to that formula already!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
We got to see very tiny portion of the map, like 1% small. If even that. I have no doubt there will be plenty location variety like there will be biome variety.

It's less about the variety but the feel of the game. Ghost Recon always set itself apart in the sense that they were a unit that is specifically deployed in combat zones. Now they are just poor mans Splinter Cells.

Also completing a level, then getting in a transport tank to seamlessly enter the next level in GRAW was always the coolest thing to me.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
It's less about the variety but the feel of the game. Ghost Recon always set itself apart in the sense that they were a unit that is specifically deployed in combat zones. Now they are just poor mans Splinter Cells.
Splinter cell is about incredibly tight corners and a focus on interiors. Ghost Recon is all about scouting, preparation, and improv.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Actually no you're incorrect.
His reaction starts almost exactly when the bullets are fired and by that time 2 bullets have already been fired, and it's a high RoF gun. It looks quite realistic.
There were a few moments where enemies drop without being directly aimed at. There's something BS going on with this demo.

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loved Wildlands, I really don't care for all the story stuff in the trailer. The story was far and away the worst part of Wildlands, and at times actively distracted from an otherwise excellent game.

But gameplay wise it looks fucking great. That throat slit animation in the gameplay walkthrough that the girl does at 9:18 is brutal. I just hope the story isn't too prominent (even if it's good, Ghost Recon never needed story goddammit). I also really, really hope they do away with the in-fucking-sane amount of way too edgy barks from teammates. Nothing annoyed me in Wildlands, quite like my AI teammates congratulating me on a sick headshot to a total cocksucker.

Coming soon too. Maybe I should finally get around to finishing Wildlands.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

This is nothing like Splinter Cell. Wildlands is what Ghost Recon should've always been. A combat unit deployed in combat zones and gameplay which has actual recon and planning.

Splinter Cell is all about hiding in the shadows and interiors. Just because it's steal that doest mean it's the same.

That's not to mention that Wildlands alone is better and more fun than what Splinter Cell has ever been.

Oct 25, 2017
The gunfeedback doesn't look great. Is that normal for ghost recon ? I haven't tried one of these since ps3. It does look pretty good otherwise though. Especially the whole injury thing.

Oct 30, 2017
As someone who loved Wildlands, I really don't care for all the story stuff in the trailer. The story was far and away the worst part of Wildlands, and at times actively distracted from an otherwise excellent game.

Yeah, the story stuff looks like it will be annoying as shit. The worst missions in Wildlands were the ones that were cinematic setpieces.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
This looks rather good but no AI companions on solo will probably be a no for me.

I'll wait to see how they do it exactly for solo players but for now, i'm a wee bit disapointed.

Last edited:

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
This looks rather good but no AI companions on solo will probably be a no for me.

I'll wait to see how they do it exactly for solo players but for now, i'm a wee bit dispointed.

What did the AI companions do in Wildlands anyway? Sync shot is their only benefit and now you can still do it with drones.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
What did the AI companions do in Wildlands anyway? Sync shot is their only benefit and now you can still do it with drones.
Draw aggro and get kills. They're deadly in vehicles. Take your AI squad over an enemy outpost in a heli, give the command to fire, and they'll clear out the compound faster than you ever could.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

Well, they served as cannon fodder at least. And they felt more intelligent than the few random players i played with when i tried the matchmaking in Wildlands.

I don't have friends who play this kind of games and i can't stand playing with randos in coop games. So AI comanions, as stupid and ineffective as they can be, is better for me.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
I might still pick up Wildlands. When I played the beta it felt like MGSV Phanton Pain lite but with the scale of an Arma game. Breakpoint looks like it has a little bit more MGSV in it (and MGS3 to be honest).

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Bothers me how stupid the AI is. It removes all the tacticool feeling out of the game when the enemies are openly shouting useless lines and exposing their locations and just patrolling a circuit like brainless idiots. Im so tired of this kind of "stealth" gameplay.