• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
I'll repeat myself, but please don't be BR, please don't be BR, please don't be BR!

It seems most higher profile youtubers and journalists saw the game in action last week btw.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
The tweet shows it was removed but sounds like we don't know what it is.

Disappointed in reading some of the posts saying - "Hey I didnt know a new game was coming I wouldn't have bought Ghost Recon Wildlands!".

I just dont get this. GRW is a great game I love it. But I played it COOP with my bro. So cant speak on playing it solo from end to end.

Net_Wrecker

Oct 25, 2017
if this is the same game, i have a friend who went in and play tested it. he was a massive fan of wildlands and didnt like what he saw at all.

- inventory management
- rpg elements
- stamina meter, you get tired if you go uphill
- you have to eat, drink, basically a survival game

dont take my word for it tho.

Wildlands was absolutely missing a few gameplay loops, and survival/simulation style gameplay was one of them. I remember saying back on GAF that i hoped the sequel had a mode that was full Backpacker Survival Tactical Action. Basically a stamina/psyche gauge system, temperature, camping, weapon upkeep, camouflage, etc. A deeper representation of being stuck behind enemy lines long-term. That and getting all the physics and AI feeling consistent.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
D5-36zoWwAEaLR-

Send by 'Nomad'.

Dark_Chris

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Czech republic
Hi guys, new Ghost Recon is coming are you excited?

It's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, seems to be a story driven 4 player experience against Cole D. Walker(gone rogue) and his army of mostly weaponized drones.

Is coming out on October 4th this year, PC PS4 and XBOX.

No news about the multiplayer yet, but there will be a deluxe edition called "Wolves".

There will be gameplay reveal too but flaired as "alpha footage" so I guess nothing final. It's showing a sequence in quite nice jungle, with mud mechanics, then to clearing an outpost.

So far it seems the game will be fun, what do you think?

Cheers, Brushie

PS. Sorry, no screenshots this time :/
https://www.reddit.com/r/GhostRecon/comments/blym26/new_ghost_recon_game_leak/

I'm pretty sure someone in this very thread name dropped Breakpoint too.

Edit: yup I knew I saw that name here

I know someone who works with some media team with Ubisoft and he said it's called Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and said visually it blows away WD3 but I'd take that with a pinch of salt till we see what it is.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019
Wildlands was absolutely missing a few gameplay loops, and survival/simulation style gameplay was one of them. I remember saying back on GAF that i hoped the sequel had a mode that was full Backpacker Survival Tactical Action. Basically a stamina/psyche gauge system, temperature, camping, weapon upkeep, camouflage, etc. A deeper representation of being stuck behind enemy lines long-term. That and getting all the physics and AI feeling consistent.
I second this. We have had a number of survival games in which you are the prey. I'd like to play one as the wolf.

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Why is everyone announcing games on May 9th?!

Developer: "... so that's why we want to announce our game at E3 2019!!"
Marketing: "But... isn't that the week that a whole lot of other games will be announced? And the weeks after it will get drowned between all the other trailers on Youtube. Maybe it's a better idea to announce it before the rest does. Like a month before or something?"
Developer: "Ok"

Porky

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Mar 16, 2019
If this comes out in October, does that mean no WD3 this year? I was thinking WD3 would release this Autumn ahead of the new AC next year.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm... I actually wouldn't mind a Ghost Recon BR, granted it has proper level design. And that's coming from someone who doesn't even really get on with the genre apart from Apex Legends.

DoughBoi

May 7, 2019
Survival aspects could be interesting, but I think the priority should be on better AI, more fleshed out tactical options, and more factional depth.

There was a lot to like about wildlands, but it was missing so much. Even simple shit like adding doors would be a gameplay improvement. But my biggest complaint about the game was that the world was practically dead unless you touched it; For instance, I remember seeing a rebel gas up at a cartel controlled gas station, only to engage in a firefight once I fired a round to aggro the cartel. This was pretty much standard in my playthrough. These factions should be interacting even when the player is not involved. And with regions, you can play around with faction interactions depending on the plot/background of a region(e.g. officer of faction A is in cahoots with faction B, normal standing between those factions is different for this region). This adds a layer of potential threats/opportunities for the player and can add some variety between regions. Somebody had mentioned the game Mercenaries further back, and I wouldn't mind if they borrowed(and improved) some concepts for factions from that game.

For a game sold with the premise of player choice, there really wasn't much outside of what region you clear first. I think if you play as an elite military unit with free reign to achieve an objective, some semblance of that freedom should translate to the gameplay.

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope that the story bits stay sectioned off to car rides, skippable interrogations and optional intel. If they do that, I could maybe see myself tolerating babysitting fucking survival meters. I also wonder if they will do what Ass Creed and Far Cry did with levels gating off content and making certain enemies bullet sponges.

Wildlands was pretty much perfect, to me. I have never seen another modern game where the developers went that out of their way to make sure that nothing that they wanted got in the way of what a player might possibly want to do.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
Is this real?!

Googling shows more info on Reddit:

It's Ghost Recon Breakpoint, seems to be a story driven 4 player experience against Cole D. Walker(gone rogue, seems he killed Holt and Midas, possibly Weaver too) and his army of mostly weaponized drones.

Is coming out on October 4th this year, PC PS4 and XBOX.

No news about the multiplayer yet, but there will be a collector's edition called "Wolves" exclusive to the Ubi Store, contains a 24cm figurine of Cole, a map, arts, Year 1 Pass (sigh) and Ultimate Pack (which has some missions, vehicles, cosmetics and early class unlockers) and you can play 3 days before premiere.

There will be gameplay reveal too but flaired as "alpha footage" so I guess nothing final. It's showing a sequence in quite nice jungle, with mud mechanics, then to clearing an outpost.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
The game can have options for survival and a BR mode and still have good story elements.

iirc didn't Wildlands have a super hardcore mode?