Akauser

Oct 28, 2017
London
Fantastic my most anticipated game and i didnt care much for Infamous. This looks great the premise alone is great and its been too long since a good ninja/samurai game. Granted Nioh was pretty great.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I loved Infamous second son, but I don't believe Insomniac are the right developers for this type of game. Hopefully, they hired a lot of Japanese historian and writers in order to give this game a more realistic atmosphere. I would have preferred the fictional super hero elements be taken out and make the game more like the manga Vagabond.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I loved Infamous second son, but I don't believe Insomniac are the right developers for this type of game. Hopefully, they hired a lot of Japanese historian and writers in order to give this game a more realistic atmosphere. I would have preferred the fictional super hero elements be taken out and make the game more like the manga Vagabond.
what superhero element?

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Now this is something I'm looking forward big time!
Please be a "grounded" samurai game and we're golden

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The second one is obviously drawn by hand but the first looks like it could be 3D rendered. I hope this is an ingame render and the game will look as good as this.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018

I understand what you're saying, really I do. But when you consider how drastic a change guerilla went with with going from Killzone to hzd, you really can't be much more different. And I bet that pre hzd most people would say that sucker punch was actually the better developer

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading a thread on this forum that there will be super power elements added to the game. My hype level will not decrease if that is true, however I would have preferred a more realistic experience with social activities and tamed violence.

That was a theory nothing more.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I understand what you're saying, really I do. But when you consider how drastic a change guerilla went with with going from Killzone to hzd, you really can't be much more different. And I bet that pre hzd most people would say that sucker punch was actually the better developer
Yea, the dichotomy between Killzone and Hzd is like night and day. Insomniac has been working on this for awhile, so they could pull it of like how Guerilla went from Killzone to Hzd. It is best to wait for gameplay and make a better conclusion.
That was a theory nothing more.
Ok, there is still hope for what I want from this game.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Heri

Oct 28, 2017

Yea, the dichotomy between Killzone and Hzd is like night and day. Insomniac has been working on this for awhile, so they could pull it of like how Guerilla went from Killzone to Hzd. It is best to wait for gameplay and make a better conclusion.

C'mon man...

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to this game so much. Really, if Sucker Punch just steps up their narrative and storytelling, then this could be legit amazing. I have no issues with them in the gameplay department since their games tend to play pretty well.

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think if they were going to have superpowers in this game, they would have revealed it in the first trailer. Sucker Punch are known for this so there'd be no reason to hide it.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Wanted to see if I could find anything in history that COULD be a reference to a ghost samurai, or could be as an interpretation of calling a samurai a ghost. Found this:

"Kusunoki Masashige was born in relative obscurity, becoming the leader of a small fief in Japan. In 1331, Japanese emperor Go-Daigo called Kusunoki to fight a losing battle for the kingdom. Though emperor Go-Daigo was captured by a swarm of shogunate forces shortly after Kusunoki joined the fight, Kusunoki managed to escape to Japan's mountainous countryside. He then led a small group of men in a series of guerrilla-style raids that helped to turn the tide of the war. In 1332, he captured Chihaya, a fortress in central Japan that proved to be of critical strategic importance."

This is not tsushima invasion, and takes place decades after that. But a samurai leading guerilla style warfare? that sounds ghosty and action stealth to me. I'm stretching, but hey, who knows lol

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I think if they were going to have superpowers in this game, they would have revealed it in the first trailer. Sucker Punch are known for this so there'd be no reason to hide it.

Maybe not during the first phases of the game. The last bit of the trailer may hint at it though, maybe when the protagonist will be called Ghost Of Tsushima after acquring such powers/training.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

They went to Tsushima to do research for the game and to base it on an actual event that happened, just to throw it out the window for supernatural abilities. I don't think they are that stupid.

Nov 12, 2017
What gameplay style are you guys expecting?

Nioh? Batman/Assassins Creed? Ninja Gaiden? Dark Souls? Tenchu?

I'm expecting a mix of Tenchu (seeing how its an action stealth game), mixed with Nioh style stance switching for more dynamic combat. That would be the perfect combo for this game imo.

OP
OP
Toriko

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
What gameplay style are you guys expecting?

Nioh? Batman? Ninja Gaiden? Dark Souls? Tenchu?

I'm expecting a mix of Tenchu (seeing how its an action stealth game), mixed with Nioh style stance switching for more dynamic combat. That would be the perfect combo for this game imo.

I am actually expecting something closer to For Honor's system.

Deleted member 40133

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Oh! Oh! In my research I found that gunpowder was a significant and relatively new part of the Japanese defence against the Mongols. Maybe we have a samurai batman with gadgets lol

Nov 12, 2017
I am actually expecting something closer to For Honor's system.
I pictured that too, but I'm not sure that would work really well in an open world setting? Might be too slow. That style of combat for 1 on 1 samurai duels would be sick, though.

SP was inspired by Akira Kurosawa films, so you can expect a lot of epic samurai duels.

Oh! Oh! In my research I found that gunpowder was a significant and relatively new part of the Japanese defence against the Mongols. Maybe we have a samurai batman with gadgets lol

Yup, one thing though, the Mongols introduced fire bombs, fire arrows, and rockets, which is why their conquests were often successful, and we can expect to use a lot of the same tools against them (you can see the fire bomb at the end of the trailer)

Murasaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Deep North
Since the reveal at PGW, this game has been constantly on my mind. Shenmue 3 aside, it is the game I most want to play. I hope that Sucker Punch have done their research diligently. I want this game to feed my dreams.

Elfstruck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You guys already made up your mind about how this game needed to be play, ie: superpower/ground-realistic, stealth, AC, Arkham style, etc. Regardless of how this game turns out, people will be disappointed.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Sony conference airs at 11:00PM in Sydney - this game might make me stay up to watch. Easily my most anticipated of Sony's offerings.

Nov 12, 2017
You guys already made up your mind about how this game needed to be play, ie: superpower/ground-realistic, stealth, AC, Arkham style, etc. Regardless of how this game turns out, people will be disappointed.
But this type of discussion happens with any game? It's fun speculating on what you think the game will play as.

And the stealth is already confirmed, SP described it as an open world stealth action game.

Also, I love the setting so much, it could play the opposite the way I expect it to and still be super excited, as it's a theme that's not really explored in the AAA gaming market, and something I've wanted since Assassins Creed 1.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
imo it would be a waste for sucker punch who are known for their fun superpowers gameplay to change to a more grounded experience.

Touche'
Sucker Punch didn't used to be known for superpowers gameplay. Infamous is the only series with superpower theme.

Maybe it's just me, but from Sly Cooper days, I always think Sucker Punch really excel at making control scheme that let you have variety of action in a sreamlined way.

Even in infamous for example. It's basically a third person shooter with many of the lightning power are basically replacement for handgun/shotgun/sniper/grenade etc. But in infamous 1, you never have to 'switch guns' like other shooter because it's all done with face button and modifier. So all the 'guns' are available to you at all times.

It's a small thing, just skipping the swap guns phase from other shooter, but I think that really give infamous a different feel.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Love it. Need it.

I love Samurai and the feudal Japan setting. Wish there would be more games out there that adopted it. Even mixed up with scifi, steampunk, fantasy or whatever.
Can't wait to see how it looks and plays. Probably my most hyped game this E3.