Votes: 549 55.9%

• Total voters

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
My Pro is going to sound like
DqlRWvL.gif

My Pro is going to sound like Heathrow playing this.

I really hope they include a black and white gameplay feature.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Yall playing with English or Japanese Voices?
I'm kind of torn about it, not seen the trailer yet but i believe they lip synced the dialogue to the English audio, right? I'm gearing towards that if so.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
im getting strong 8 to 10 hour vibs from this. what kind of game is this? seems extremely linear story driven. i wonder how deep the gameplay is

I think it was described as an open world IIRC. It's definitely not a linear 10 hour thing based on the trailers and the information that came out since it was announced.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sucker Punch has always been my favorite Sony studio, and this looks to be the Japanese samurai open world game I've always wanted.

I can't wait!

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks incredible!

What some companies are pulling out of near seven year old console hardware is just unbelievable.*

*I'm aware this is Pro footage but the standard console is usually just the same game at 1080p. The assets and lighting are what impresses me most, not the resolution.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much. Looks like "Assassin's Creed Japan".

I'll still rent it though because we basically haven't ever had a samurai game that isn't straight-up fantasy. Even if this basically just looks like a Hollywood historical fantasy (and not a playable chanbara movie which is what a lot of people really want), that's still a unique step for a AAA console game.

Lol really, you're going with "AC Japan"
LMAO

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
is Sony making a mistake releasing so many of it's big titles for the PS4 right before the PS5 launch?...Tsushima and Last of Us 2 seem like perfect PS5 launch titles...unless they have something epic like Bloodborne 2 planned this makes no sense

There's nothing to worry about, this is Sony Playstation we're talking about, this is the current gen King and next gen King we're talking about, we're cool.

JsabtW.gif

Apr 21, 2018
I'd love more look at the gameplay, but colour me absolutely shocked this is coming so early. I figured August at the earliest or even pushed to a PS5 launch game/cross launch game.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I will be doing so much virtual sightseeing on beautiful Tsushima. =Q=

Sony wouldn't dare release this without a photo mode, would they? Their track record has become a bit spotty in regards to photo modes lately. Day's Gone only featuring one much later and Death Stranding not receiving one (at least on PS4) at all.

Sucker Punch is the pioneer of the photo mode, so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
When was the last time a Sony first party game was 8-10 hours long? When was the last time an open world game was 8-10 hours long?
Like half of the games they published last year were below 10 hours long: Immortal Legacy: The Jade Cipher, Concrete Genie, Blood & Truth and Erica. Probably MediEvil too but I haven't played it.

There are also short open world games. Sony's Uncharted: The Lost Legacy has a large open segment but can be completed in 8-10 hours. Concrete Genie is open world too.

Last edited:

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
is Sony making a mistake releasing so many of it's big titles for the PS4 right before the PS5 launch?...Tsushima and Last of Us 2 seem like perfect PS5 launch titles...unless they have something epic like Bloodborne 2 planned this makes no sense
Sony released like 4 AAA titles in the year 2013 when the PS4 was about to launch. This year seems to be mirroring that.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Makes me wonder if they want people to double dib. But also hope that they'll follow MS and offer those upgrades for free

Oct 25, 2017
Like half of the games they published last year were below 10 hours long: Immortal Legacy: The Jade Cipher, Concrete Genie, Blood & Truth and Erica. Probably MediEvil too but I haven't played it.

There are also short open world games. Sony's Uncharted: The Lost Legacy has a large open segment but can be completed in 8-10 hours. Concrete Genie is open world too.
And would your instinct be to compare this AAA, 5-years-in-development game to all those, or would Horizon, God of War, Uncharted 4, and Days Gone be better examples of what to expect?

edit: and Spider-Man

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Amazing trailer. Not getting hyped for June though. I think it will be delayed till the fall. Sucker Punch is in Seattle right? Isn't that city in a state of emergency right now with Corona-virus? Having some companies adopt work from home policies?

Hoping for the best. I can wait though.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
They do this literally every generation for the past 20+ years.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
And would your instinct be to compare this AAA, 5-years-in-development game to all those, or to Horizon, God of War, Uncharted 4, and Days Gone?
I mean, Uncharted 4 is 15 hours on average according to How Long To Beat. Sucker Punch is a smaller studio. Their last game, Second Son was 10 hours for the main story according to HLtB.

My instinct tells me that Ghost of Tsushima will almost certainly be longer than 10 hours but I don't think a short game can be ruled out just because it's a first party game or has open world elements. Plenty of those are shorter. Depends on the amount of bloat and development focus.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much accept nothing alike at all.
Lol really, you're going with "AC Japan"
LMAO
Other than the focus on acrobatics and stealth killing in an open-world environment, honestly I'm just basing that assumption off of how much Sony's first party games have resembled Ubisoft open-world games as of late.

Spider-Man to me felt like "Assassin's Creed except you're Spider-Man". You jump all over the place, do some melee combat, gather a shitload of collectible icons that have been spread all over a map, earn XP, spend skill points on a skill tree with three branches, collect loot which you'll use to craft shit, manage gear levels, and maybe rifle through a lore codex, all represented by tabs lining the top of the menu screen.

If Tsushima doesn't do that stuff I'll honestly be surprised. but look at Spider-Man, Days Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn, and God of War. When I played those games they felt structurally just like AC, Watch Dogs, and Far Cry. I'm also kinda basing this on the Sucker Punch's Infamous games which followed and earlier version of that formula.

Basically I'm saying Tsushima looks like it's gonna be another AAA open-world game. Maybe my guess is totally off and it will be closer to a Naughty Dog game or something, but that's not the feeling I get when I see the horse and the open world, and judging by the developer's past work.

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Watched the japanese trailer, it has Ozuka as Sakai's father, and Nakai as Sakai, guess I'll go all japanese for the first playthrough.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
10 hours would totally suck...this needs to be at least 18-20 hours...completionist: 25 hours

I can already see every reviewer mentioning Sekiro at least once in their review...seems like they are destined to always be compared to one another...and with Sekiro winning so many Game of the Year awards it's going to be a tough act to follow

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously a premature question, but do you think this is a franchise or just a one off?

Because this is based on reality right? Loosely of course. So, how would a sequel work..........

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
10 hours would totally suck...this needs to be at least 18-20 hours...completionist: 25 hours

I can already see every reviewer mentioning Sekiro at least once in their review

Yeah based on my assumptions about what kind of game Tsushima is gonna be, I think it's gonna be closer to 20 or 30 hours for the main story.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda hilarious how people forget this game is completely open world.
Wasn't their last game, inFamous: Second Son, open world? How Long to Beat says the main story is 10 hours long in that game. I don't think this game is 8-10 hours long personally but I have not seen anything conclusive to support it isn't.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
One of the first games I played this gen was Infamous: Second Son, I guess it's right that one of my last will be with another Sucker Punch game.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
June is sooner than I thought; I'm pleasantly surprised. I thought this would be a July title.

I mean, TLOU2 and GoT were originally supposed to ship 9 and 6 months before the PS5's presumed November launch. That's not exactly "right before PS5 launch." Even now, late June is five months before a late November launch, and who knows if the PS5 will make that launch window.

The last year of the PS3 had far more titles, including titles like Beyond, Puppeteer, and GT6 in the fall/winter. I think Sony learned not to do that again.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am really surprised that they announced a such a close launch date without ever really even defining what GoT is. Is it an open world ninja sim? Is it linear and level-based like TLoU? Is it pseudo-linear like Sekiro? Is it a realistic and grounded immersive sim? Or are there fantasy elements that involve magic, mystical creatures, and superhuman abilities?

I don't understand why they are so intent on shipping and selling a product that most people don't even really understand.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I hope to be surprised by GoT's gameplay the same way I was for Spider-Man.

Went in thinking I'm going to get Arkham and I ended up with DMC.... And Arkham

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I am really surprised that they announced a such a close launch date without ever really even defining what GoT is. Is it an open world ninja sim? Is it linear and level-based like TLoU? Is it pseudo-linear like Sekiro? Is it a realistic and grounded immersive sim? Or are there fantasy elements that involve magic, mystical creatures, and superhuman abilities?

I don't understand why they are so intent on shipping and selling a product that most people don't even really understand.

There have been two gameplay videos, what more do you want?

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Feb (Dreams)
March (MLB 2020, Nioh 2)
April (FFVII)
May (TLoU Part II, Iron Man VR)
June (Ghost)

What a killer lineup to send off the PS4 before the gears get moving on the PS5 marketing transition.

What a trailer too - incredible cinematography.

Last edited:

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
From the latest OPM UK magazine:

(WAY)POINTLESS
You're not just sightseeing as you ride around, you're navigating

The dev team has plenty of experience with open worlds thanks to the InFamous games, but those were set in cities. Jin is exploring rural Tsushima on horseback. The key thing is that there aren't waypoints to follow here. You need to use landmarks and pay attention to what's going on around you –
whether that's following the smoke from a grisly Mongol attack, or making your way to an enemy camp at a temple. Simply choosing where to explore will affect how you experience the story. You're not always being pursued either, as you're able to walk among the inhabitants of Tsushima without hassle.

I'm really happy to read about the lack of waypoints, and a reliance on landmarks to navigate the open world. It's one of the big reasons I was initially excited about the title.