Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna listen to this on the road for my camping trip tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to like it, but I want to. I want to like this band. They seem fun.

OP
OP
Nakenorm

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Haven't gotten my copy yet, but it's already up on spotify so I'll listen to it the first thing tomorrow.
Glad that people seem to enjoy it!

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
The album really grows on you as well. On my 3rd listen now and I can gladly say that Ghost have delivered yet again.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can't wait to listen to the new album, my wife and I have been driving around blasting the previous albums in anticipation.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
I love their art, but damn they are just so lame sounding. I just can't stand the lead vocalist at all.. he makes the nice riffs sound soft. Never understood the love for this band. I get it's sort of a throwback.. but it's weaker than the stuff it's trying to pay homage too.

Celestine

Oct 31, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
NEW GHOST OMGGGG
Went nuts after my phone notification

Halfway through listening now, yeah I can see it might be divisive to some but it's so much fun. Their tunes are so memorable and the lyrics are charmingly ridiculous. Love Ghost.

Corginand

Oct 25, 2017
It's not showing up for me yet. If Dance Macabre's release time is anything to go by it should be up in about half an hour.

I'm fairly new to Ghost but I'm really excited for this new album :D

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Album's pretty great. Really catchy and I love the instrumentals. Akerfeldt from Opeth is on one of them!

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Got it today, sadly without two bonus tracks :/

EDIT: Went through it in one sitting, without interruptions. Damn this is good.

Last edited:

Lari

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Listened to it a couple times and holy hell is this album good.

Faith, Pro Memoria and Life Eternal are my early favorites (and I did like Rats and Dance Macabre quite a bit before the album was fully out)

paradox85

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
The new album is great! Faith, Pro Memoria and Life Eternal are indeed album highlights, but I also like the two instrumentals very much. Only song that I think is kind of "meh" is Dance Macabre. Thank God (or Lucifer) the whole album wasn't like that.

Bebop242

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Ghost had to cancel their sold out in progress concert in Milwaukee tonight because a fan collapsed. That story doesn't say it but I'm seeing concert goers online say that he died at the venue. RIP to him and condolences to his family.

Yeah I heard from a person who was there that security didn't know CPR and there were a couple RNs that offered help but security wouldn't let them help and made him wait until EMTs arrived.

Didn't hear that he died but I figured that was the case.

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some really fantastic output on this album. The production and arrangements just keep rising, and the theatrical element is through the roof. I do feel like some of the actual song material isn't as strong as earlier records though. It starts fantastic, but I kind of fall off a bit towards the end.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Pro Memoria is like a long lost Ghost song from A Muppet's Christmas Carol.

It's awesome.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
possibly my favorite ghost album. highlights all of my favorite parts of their style, and goddamn those instrumental tracks.

Feb 16, 2018
Just listened and damn it's great, might be their best yet. Also kicking myself for putting off getting tickets to see them as they are sold out in St Paul tonight.

Milk Lizard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TOBYHANNA, Pa
It's decent enough, but it's no Meliora lets be real.

From live videos I have seen, the new look is not working at all either tbh. Miss me with that none papa shit.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Faith is the kind of song where no matter how loud I can stand to listen to it, I want to see if I can somehow make it LOUDER. After listening to it 3 times it's already one of my favorite Ghost songs.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else digging the shit out of that sax solo in Miasma like I am? Wish it was longer.
the sax is so good. more songs, in general, should have a sax.
Faith is the kind of song where no matter how loud I can stand to listen to it, I want to see if I can somehow make it LOUDER. After listening to it 3 times it's already one of my favorite Ghost songs.
same. one of my favorite songs.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I should have guessed that.

Not sure how I feel about a 10-track album with basically three instrumentals (if you count Ashes, which is being generous). I knew when they announced the tracklist a month ago that the album was going to be shorter than I hoped, but I didn't expect three non-vocal tracks.

I'm not saying instrumentals are without value but I do prefer lyrics. This might turn out to be my favorite Ghost album so far, but its length is a strike against it. Infestissuman was my prior favorite and it just feels more dense simply because it's longer.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda disappointed with this release. There are some fucking BANGERS on here like Faith, Witch Image, and Rats but a lot it falls flat for me, especially the instrumentals. I rolled my eyes so fucking hard when the sax came in on Miasma.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Pro Memoria is really...sobering lol

This album is perfect to me. I just recently got into Ghost and it's been an awesome experience discovering new music again. Faith is definitely one of my favorites. Loved it ever since I heard it live.

I dig Cardinal Copia as a character too. Something about him just comes across more sinister to me than Papa.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I rolled my eyes so fucking hard when the sax came in on Miasma.

When I saw them a couple weeks ago, they actually had this dude playing it:
91C0W0l.jpg

So at least they're totally bought into it.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Kinda disappointed with this release. There are some fucking BANGERS on here like Faith, Witch Image, and Rats but a lot it falls flat for me, especially the instrumentals. I rolled my eyes so fucking hard when the sax came in on Miasma.

When the sax rolled in I smiled. He plays the kazoo of destiny in live shows, so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

What were the cover songs?

Pet Shop Boys - It's a Sin

and

Leonard Cohen - Avalanche

Deleted member 10060

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen them live sine their Infestassuman days, and I just loved that satanic cult vibe. It was incredible. Now it's very different and more like a satanic musical. I wonder how different the experience will be when I see them again this summer.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
I think we're getting an EP or new album quite soon after this. The whole "Cardinal is not Papa" and the sound difference makes this seem like a stopgap.
That is really sad and condolences to his family.
According to some people, he collapsed between Pro Memoria and Deus in Absentia...
OK that's creepy.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
I only discovered Ghost by accident around the end of 2016 iirc. Since then, it has become one of my favourite bands so i counted down the days until this new album. I just had a quick listen on Spotify and... i'm not feeling it at all. A few good songs among a lot of mediocre songs, it seems. Never thought i'd say this but i might skip this one. It's not the direction i thought they would go in when they said the album would be darker... really dissapointed actually. I miss the heavier sound from previous albums. I'll have another listen to see if i'll change my mind.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
i dig faith, witch image, and pro memoria. already liked rats but i've been listening to that regularly since the single came out. i also really dug copia's style during the rats video.

in general i do wish they'd go into a doomier direction, though.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
Is he actually playing it? doesn't seem so from this

He's not actually playing live, it's piped in.

This album is fantastic. Very cohesive and the song-writing I feel has reached a new level. Loved the theatrics and operatic feel, it established a great atmosphere and kept building and building to Life Eternal. Need to give it a few more listens to find out where this one sits, but first-time through I'm loving it.

Last edited: