• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Catterson

Sep 14, 2020
I unknowingly bought one of these and it lasted a good year and a half. The mesh did get loose and one point and it felt kinda... boney? I ended up going for a gamer chair with a ergonomic butt cushion, bessttttttt chair I've used so far!

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Got my snes hooked up to the generator

large.jpg

I laughed xD

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what differences there are between the 2020 SecretLab chairs and the 2022?

Is it just the adjustable lumbar support?

Or between the Omega and the Titan other than size

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
I suffer from chronic back pain so I decided to buy a Steelcase Leap v2 for around £900 and the back support is incredible, it hugs you from every angle. My only complaint is the seat isn't that comfortable, for the price I'd want more padding, and the arms are rock hard. I ended up buying some £10 foam pads from Amazon and it's like I have armchair arms on my chair and it's so nice. I definitely don't feel like it's worth the money though, at like £400-500 I'd feel like it was a good deal.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I've been looking for a good chair that has adjustable arm rests and a mesh seat. My current chair has weird arm rests that tilt up.

Glad I saw this thread.

Raleigh00

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know what differences there are between the 2020 SecretLab chairs and the 2022?

Is it just the adjustable lumbar support?

Or between the Omega and the Titan other than size
Here's a pretty good breakdown of the differences:

chairsfx.com

Secretlab 2020 vs Titan EVO 2022 Series Chairs Compared

Is it worth saving money buying a Secretlab 2020 Series chair? Yes! This Secretlab 2020 vs Titan EVO 2022 comparison shows why.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a pretty good breakdown of the differences:

chairsfx.com

Secretlab 2020 vs Titan EVO 2022 Series Chairs Compared

Is it worth saving money buying a Secretlab 2020 Series chair? Yes! This Secretlab 2020 vs Titan EVO 2022 comparison shows why.

Thanks, that will help

The 2020 chairs have a nice discount right now but I dunno about getting a Game of Thrones themed chair lol.......especially Lannister which is cheapest

Oh the 2020 Omega doesn't have the adjustable lumbar support thing, guess I don't want that one.....

Except that site says the pillow that comes with the Omega is the best lumbar support they've used........interesting

Last edited:

GiveMeCoins

Sep 4, 2022
So this will be better on my 30 year old runners back?
I'm using an IKEA $80 office chair right now and it's okay. I have lumbar support

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
I recently bought this chair last month after testing ones out at OfficeMax, I like it

www.officedepot.com

Serta Smart Layers Arlington AIR Bonded Leather High Back Executive Chair BlackSilver - Office Depot

Elevate your comfort level and the appearance of your office with the Serta Smart Layers Arlington AIR executive high back chair. The contoured lumbar zone helps minimize pressure on your lower back and the plush waterfall seat is suitable for an array of body types. The over all chair design...

Was on sale for $100 off I believe when I got it
current price $410, dang you got a deal

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up with the Secretlab 2022 and it's pretty comfortable and well designed. It's pretty firm so be careful if you want a softer chair. The headrest pillow is pretty awesome. I still need to tinker with the lumbar support to figure out where I like it best. It also looks pretty stylish but not if you hate bucket seats lol

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Hyken for Christmas and assembled it.

Do not buy this chair unless you have a short torso or are shorter than 5' 6". I'm 5' 10" and have well balanced proportions, tending towards longer legs, and the lowest chair height is perfect but holy fuck the headrest at its highest position still digs into my upper back and shoulders, and there's no back height adjustment capability. This seems like an enormous issue, that someone of my height is perfectly comfortable at the lowest height setting but can't use the seat with the headrest without needing to scoot forward and slouch, because the problem would be infinitely worse for anyone needing a higher seat height.

Weird as hell.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I bought the hyken and had to scramble to get it returned within the window. It was physically painful for me to use. I ended up getting a Cosm

IGotPaid

Nov 7, 2017
I was going to return mine a couple years ago when I first got it because of the headrest issue. I followed the tutorial (I think linked in this thread) to flip the headrest and that allowed it to be comfortable for me at 6'. Then the headrest was properly aligned with my head.

Without modifying the headrest, I would say avoid if you're taller than 5'6".

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I see the thread I'm interested in the chair since I want to replace the current one but I hesitate cause I'm not crazy about mesh chairs. Might go through with getting it eventually if I can't find anything better

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I actually bought one of these back when this thread was first made. I'm not a fan - the headrest is way too low, and the seat curves in a way that if you're a bit on the larger side, you kind of get squeezed in by that curve. The latter is less of an issue now that I'm a lot lighter, but I'd need to be a good 6 inches shorter for the headrest to make sense.

I'll replace it at some point, but I'm not sure what with yet.