• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I like Warnock more and more every time I hear him speak. We need that man in the Senate. It's a stunning contrast to see him debate a person who just spouts the same pre-written, Trump-esque talking points with the charisma of a burlap sack. Please come through, Georgia!

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I like Warnock more and more every time I hear him speak. We need that man in the Senate. It's a stunning contrast to see him debate a person who just spouts the same pre-written, Trump-esque talking points with the charisma of a burlap sack. Please come through, Georgia!
I feel like, if we only get 1 out of the 2, it might end up being Warnock. I def like him too.

I also put up my Jon Osoff sign today. My Warnock sign should be coming soon.

Mr. Wonderful

Oct 27, 2017
Now that the voter registration deadline has passed, what are the best ways to donate and opportunities to volunteer?

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Got my ballot in the mail yesterday. Gonna fill it out soon.

I can confirm my bro and parents are part of that 70,000. Not in that age range doe.

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
I got kind of lazy after the general election but finally got around to filling out my application for an absentee ballot. Got my wife to fill hers out to and I dropped it off yesterday. It's not much but we'll add at least +2 towards both Dem candidates. Lets please get this done.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Good god, finally. Obama needs to be camped out there, lol.

I'm so nervous about these runoffs. I feel like the fate of the world is resting in Georgia right now.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Had actual people canvasing our neighborhood for both Dem candidates. Really happy there are people doing that.

Last edited:

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
I dropped off my absentee ballot in a drop box last week

Easy peasy

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Had actual people canvasing our neighborhood for both candidates. Really happy there are people doing that.

You mean both Dem candidates? I do wonder how it would go if I opened the door for a Republican doing the same and I reveal where I stand. I just wonder if they'll remain super friendly or maybe have a bit of a attitude about it.

I haven't had anyone from either side knock on the doors in my neighborhood trying to talk to us about it. But I did have one guy go to every house to put a hangers on our door handles to promote the Republican candidates. I just trashed it as soon as I got home from work.

But anyways, my wife and I got our absentee ballots. Gonna fill it out today or tomorrow and make sure to drop it off soon.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017

This 538 video makes me feel like it could be a 1-to-1 split. Warnock and Perdue seems to have more advantages going in. So does that make it 51-49 in the senate if it's a 1-to-1 split like that?

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, yeah both Dem candidates. They left nice flyer on the door indicating what they stand on.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017

This 538 video makes me feel like it could be a 1-to-1 split. Warnock and Perdue seems to have more advantages going in. So does that make it 51-49 in the senate if it's a 1-to-1 split like that?

I also have a feeling it'll be a 1-1 split which would be a huge problem for us in the Senate

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
"Tempers flared at a "Get Out the Vote" rally in Stockbridge on Saturday morning when a passerby attacked a man holding campaign signs supporting U.S. Senate candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock, police said.
The incident occurred about 10:40 a.m. as a group supporting the candidates stood along Hudson Bridge Road near I-75 with political signs encouraging voters to take part in next month's runoff elections, authorities said.

"A passerby stopped and confronted a supporter with physical aggression," Henry County police Capt. Randy Lee said in an emailed statement. "The supporter suffered wounds to his face and head..

The suspect, who was not identified, was arrested and charged with battery, Lee said. The injured man was treated at the scene and released. "

www.ajc.com

Man beaten while campaigning for Democrats in Henry County, cops say

Tempers flared at a “Get Out the Vote” rally in Stockbridge on Saturday morning when a passerby attacked a man holding campaign signs supporting U.S. Senate candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock, police said.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

51-49 this would make Romney one of the most powerful people on the senate, as he's the one dems most likely can convince to vote with them, if he gets what he wants.

If they both win, it'll be a 50-50 split with Bernie being one of the powerful people in the senate as he'll be able to stop any dem agenda if he wanted to, unless it has what he wants.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For some positive implications in this race, the racial gap in the mail-in ballots keeps narrowing:

Whites are +21 now, a week ago they were +26. The general was +20. This twitter data guy is convinced the runoff will have a more diverse electorate than the general.

On the flip side, ballot requests are still skewing much older than the general.

Ronin

Oct 25, 2017
I sent my ballot off last week and a friend told me she's has three different people knock at her door this week.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know if thats good considering with similar numbers, Perdue beat Ossof with almost 100k...
Depends. If early voting drops off in the next two days then it may mean something particularly good: dem vote drop off less than pub drop off. ATM it means the dem vote hasn't dropped off so far. Probably. There are too many factors altogether.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I found out today 538 has a tracker and I didn't realize how unprepared I was to see that. I need another 3.5 years before I can handle one again.

Anyway, how's day 3 lookin'!? Was day 3 yesterday???

Latest Poll
OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
emersonpolling.reportablenews.com

Emerson Polling

Georgia 2020: Incumbent Republicans with Slight Advantages in Senate Run-Offs

In the two US Senate run-off elections in Georgia, Republican incumbents David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler hold nearly identical 51% to 48% advantages over Democratic challengers Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock. The winners of these contests will determine which political party will control the U.S. Senate.

e3UX2hi3QKqPKrxzMxV8

yIio7kTkQ3S7z2Vwn1aS

A- Rated Pollster on 538

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
emersonpolling.reportablenews.com

Emerson Polling

Georgia 2020: Incumbent Republicans with Slight Advantages in Senate Run-Offs

e3UX2hi3QKqPKrxzMxV8

yIio7kTkQ3S7z2Vwn1aS

A- Rated Pollster on 538

Ossoff and Warnock could be competing against flies and crickets and still somehow lose that election. Unbelievable.

The dedication to "sticking to your side", regardless of whether your side has merit or not, is one of the most baffling US things I know.

The fact that the republicans can win elections by painting the moderate democrats as "radical leftists" is also deeply troubling.

OP
OP
LifeLine

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew it was going to be a long shot after seeing how many people split their vote Biden/R senate in not only Georgia but also other states.

"moderates" balancing the ticket is going to be the death of us.

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
This poll has them winning 20% of the black vote that is not happening.

Definitely not. There's one ad with a sound bite of Perdue basically making fun of Kamala's name. Couple that with Loeffer's on record remarks about the BLM movement and getting caught twice posing for pictures with card carrying KKK members, I would be surprised if they get 1% of the black vote.

BTW, dropped off my absentee ballot today and there was a long line of in-person voters again today. The ads have been relentless and are every where. I believe the turnout is gonna be very good. Whether it will be enough remains to be seen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.