Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
monkey-d-luffy-one-piece-egghead.gif

"Do I know you?"

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
Beautiful reference. I'm sure Santos will be fine, he's a 12 time Olympic gold medalist, Winner of the 23rd Budokai Tenkaichi and President of Shinra. He's untouchable

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
www.cbsnews.com

George Santos reaches plea deal, pleads guilty to wire fraud and identity theft

Former congressman George Santos, who was expelled from Congress in December and indicted on 23 federal charges, reached a plea agreement with prosecutors.
CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. — George Santos, who was expelled from Congress as he faced nearly two dozen criminal charges, reached a plea deal Monday with federal prosecutors in New York on two federal counts.
Santos pleaded guilty to wire fraud and aggravated identity theft.
A judge has said the plea deal may come with an estimated sentencing range between 6-8 years. He's set for sentencing Feb. 7 at federal court in Central Islip.
Santos spoke in court, acknowledging a series of crimes, CBS News' Scott MacFarlane reported. He admitted fraudulently using credit cards of at least one other person for his personal benefit, as well as making false statements to the Federal Election Commission.
He also admitted to committing wire fraud between Sept-Oct of 2022.
Under the agreement, Santos will have to repay at least $373,000.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
www.cbsnews.com

George Santos reaches plea deal, pleads guilty to wire fraud and identity theft

Former congressman George Santos, who was expelled from Congress in December and indicted on 23 federal charges, reached a plea agreement with prosecutors.

CENTRAL ISLIP, N.Y. — George Santos, who was expelled from Congress as he faced nearly two dozen criminal charges, reached a plea deal Monday with federal prosecutors in New York on two federal counts.

Santos pleaded guilty to wire fraud and aggravated identity theft.

A judge has said the plea deal may come with an estimated sentencing range between 6-8 years. He's set for sentencing Feb. 7 at federal court in Central Islip.

Santos spoke in court, acknowledging a series of crimes, CBS News' Scott MacFarlane reported. He admitted fraudulently using credit cards of at least one other person for his personal benefit, as well as making false statements to the Federal Election Commission.

He also admitted to committing wire fraud between Sept-Oct of 2022.

Under the agreement, Santos will have to repay at least $373,000.

But as the King Of Games, he's immune to prosecution. This is a miscarriage of justice!

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe they'd besmirch the good name of the 6th Beatle

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
well, now the people who were winging about him being expelled without actually being indicted can go eat a crow. or stfu forever, possibly the latter.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I just cannot believe this injustice over the man Los Santos was named after.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
George Santos? The guy I discovered Ray Brower's body with? Sure, we never got the credit. In the end we decided that an anonymous phone-call was the best thing to do. We headed home. And although many thoughts raced through our minds, we barely spoke. We walked through the night and made it back to Castle Rock a little past five o'clock on Sunday morning, the day before Labor Day. We'd only been gone two days. But somehow the town seemed different. Smaller.

As time went on we saw less and less of Teddy and Vern until eventually they became just two more faces in the halls. That happens sometimes. Friends come in and out of your life like busboys in a restaurant. I heard that Vern got married out of High-school, had four kids and is now the forklift operator at the Arsenal Lumberyard. Teddy tried several times to get into the Army but his eyes and his ear kept him out. The last I heard, he'd spent some time in jail. He was now doing odd jobs around Castle Rock.

George did get out, though. He enrolled in the college courses with me. And although it was hard, he gutted it out like he always did. He went on to college and eventually became a lawyer. Last week he entered a fast food restaurant. Just ahead of him, two men got into an argument. One of them pulled a knife. He, who would always make the best peace, tried to break it up. He was stabbed in the throat. He died almost instantly. Although I haven't seen him in more than ten years, I know I'll miss him forever. I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anybody?

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This is someone they should trade with Russia, after changing his identity once again. Just include him in the next swap without anything in return. I wouldn't be shocked this thing is a spy.

Also hope Brazil never allows him to return.
Considering we have people like Pablo Marçal here in Brazil, I think he can even win a place in Brazil's politics.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
What has this country come to? The Founding Fathers would've been so upset at this treatment of one of their own

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
  • There is to be no derailing threads from their main topic and totally hijacking them.
  • There is to be no making wild accusations
Curious if people here will get banned for accusing and hijacking a thread against one of our own^

George Washington Santos doesn't not tell no lies. He's basically thee Architect of the Matrix. Some of you should be ashamed.

Kuga

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How could they do this to legendary Baseball Hall of Famer George Santos?

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
weren't there some people bankrolling his campaign? are they being charged too?

ZeroWil

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe the US courts would do such a thing to the Lisan al Gaib of all people.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked he waived his diplomatic immunity for this since he's Zimbabwe's US Ambassador

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
George Santos? The man who painted the sistine chapel in a few hours and built the pyramids with his bare hands? That George Santos?

Lol how jail stories are gonna be awesome.

Bengraven