• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
Apparently, of the handful of leaked characters we got, we're getting at least 3 more in Sumeru, just not in 3.0. Something about all the NPCs and characters we've seen so far being from the rainforest, and having lighter skin, and once we get to the desert Egypt based area of Sumeru, we'll get more dark skinned characters.
That is a fan theory. The leakers told us of 2 darker skinned characters (around Xinyan's skin tone): a pyro tall woman and a hydro tall woman. I do not think that is enough to infer a pattern, especially seeing the genie girl is light skinned.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
So the leaks flooded when I was asleep huh damn
-Diluc skin is pretty underwhelming, I was expecting more for an expensive "5 star skin" other than DMC Dante's jacket
-Fischl skin is pretty good although I really wanted a ball gown not a half ball gown with a visible crotch, but what do I expect at this point + it's still better than whatever default Fischl's deal is
- Collei looks pretty good considering we already saw her in the manga, I do not like the heels though
- Dori is the palest Genie on the planet + way too similar to Diona
- I wanna see Tighnari in game because I really can't imagine him working as a 3D model right now

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Why would people who live in a rainforest be white, lol. I don't think any peoples of the rainforest on earth are white.

The Jinn-themed Diona clone being white as a sheet is a pretty telling sign, if you ask me. We'll see a few tans but nothing like the diversity you can find in something like Dyslite.

Yeah that was exactly what I said to someone else about this lol
Also Dori is probably not even from the forest judging by her design

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
btw, there is a video of rainforest area
this video is fake and it's a mod that add lumine to kena bridge of spirits.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Leaks all over the place. Sumeru looking kinda pale and really mid-character design-wise. I'm not surprised tho. At least my girl Fischl is getting a better outfit.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have any experience with Genshin Optimizer and Inventory scanners for artifacts?

Was wondering if scanners such as Inventory Kamera is banneable, it basically takes control of your mouse and keyboard to go through the inventory and scan all of artifacts you have through screenshots, outputs an JSON file that you can use on Genshin Optimizer to import all your artifacts for theory crafting purposes.

It's an automated process instead of making an screenshot for every artifact but still that feels kinda sus and banneable, even though they say that the tool has been heavily used for at least a year and no one has been banned yet nor does it gives anyone advantages in-game.

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
Considering they are slowly releasing a new skin for every standard 5-star, at some point we're going to get a Qiqi skin right?

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
While the designs aren't for me, I feel like we need to see a few more to get a feel for what's ahead. I think the other regions are remarkably consistent and cohesive.

Jean, Amber, Kaya, Lisa, Venti - they just look right. Same with the likes of Diluc and Eula.

Ganyu, Xiao, Zhongli and Hu Tao are similar. Yelan, feels like a slightly different branch of that character design ethos, but still cut from similar cloth.

Kaz, Ayaka, Yoimiya and Raiden (and loads more) - for me Inazuma has the most consistent look. Thoma, Sara and Sayu all fit in really well too.

These characters as a collective feel a bit scattershot, so intrigued to what the overriding character design flourish will be with this region.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That is a fan theory. The leakers told us of 2 darker skinned characters (around Xinyan's skin tone): a pyro tall woman and a hydro tall woman. I do not think that is enough to infer a pattern, especially seeing the genie girl is light skinned.
There's also Cyno who is dark skinned, making 3, though how dark he'll actually be in game is yet to be known. He was tan at least in the manga.

And yeah, the whole rainforest/desert stuff is copium fan theories. 3 out of like 9 known Sumeru characters being darker skin is a step in the right direction at least. Compared to the zero of Inazuma.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering if scanners such as Inventory Kamera is banneable
even though they say that the tool has been heavily used for at least a year and no one has been banned yet
You kinda answered your own question. People use it a lot, nobody gets banned. And I think it's because the tool doesn't actually inject into the game itself. Everything it does is technically outside of the game.

A friend of mine used Inventory Kamera after deciding that manually screenshotting artifacts would take too long (its not that bad). He hasn't been banned. That was 3 months or so ago.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You kinda answered your own question. People use it a lot, nobody gets banned. And I think it's because the tool doesn't actually inject into the game itself. Everything it does is technically outside of the game.

A friend of mine used Inventory Kamera after deciding that manually screenshotting artifacts would take too long (its not that bad). He hasn't been banned. That was 3 months or so ago.
I see, yeah, it just feels sus using any kind of third-party automated process, but since it really only controls the hardware I guess it makes it basically impossible to be banneable.

Still, it's an incredible piece of software that is able to detect stuff through screenshots, that seems insane.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I like Diluc's skin more than the new characters oops. Sorry wallet. I wanted high ponytail Diluc, he is here and I hope he looks great in-game too.

Tighnari has such cute ears! But I find his outfit a tad busy. I like the idea of it. Collei's is alright, I love her color palette and appreciate that her design isn't as repetitive as female character designs tend to be in this game but it doesn't wow me? I love Dori's color palette, but I don't know.

I don't know that I love Fischl's skin but I really don't like her default outfit so I welcome a change I guess.

Maybe... Maybe I'll hold off unless I really love Tighnari as a character. Even then I might wait for a rerun if the Zhongli rerun rumor turns out to be true.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, so many leaks at once. I'm overwhelmed lol.

Collei's the only new character leaving a positive first impression for me. She's adorable.
Crossing my fingers she's decent in battle and not just Sumeru Amber.

Don't care for Tighnari's design at all, which I expected from the description. Not disappointed since I'm more than happy to continue saving for Haitham and/or Baizhu.

Dori... like has already been said, is literally just genie Diona. Even her name ain't different enough.

And then there's Diluc, coming in here and flaunting his new and improved look... who gave him the right.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
The Diluc and Fischl skin are both nice. I might pick up the Diluc skin if the effects are great and it's a decent price at least.

As for the Sumeru leaks, I'm severely disappointed that we haven't seen a brown character as yet. Even Cyno only looks tan. Barely brown. Is Xinyan (arguably the worst character in the game) really the only truly brown character we're gonna get? Not sure why it's bothering me so much, but it is.

Falk

Oct 26, 2017

forgot to post before i passed out, sry for interrupting leak talk

recurring pattern for me is "ok i'm done with the event for real" -> do something dumb that takes even more effort

FOMO hitting harder and harder

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
It's funny because when I first came across those designs my first thought was "there's something slightly off" and after that I learned that the design team changed and the veteran designers were moved to work on another game.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
Where did you read that?
I don't know if it's okay to be explicit here, so I'll just say that it was on the "usual place" on Reddit where leaks are posted and discussed. Three weeks ago a Chinese leaker explained that the main character-design team for Genshin was moved to work on Honkai Star Rail and they were replaced by newer staff.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if it's okay to be explicit here, so I'll just say that it was on the "usual place" on Reddit where leaks are posted and discussed. Three weeks ago a Chinese leaker explained that the main character-design team for Genshin was moved to work on Honkai Star Rail and they were replaced by newer staff.
Kind of just hearsay though, I don't think these designs are vastly different from previous ones.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, definitely some mixed feelings on these first three characters. I still want all of them but a little disappointed with two of the designs.

Collei is definitely the best design of the bunch. I like it a lot. Simple but to the point, but I love the black/gold/green look. Her pet looks like a Pokemon too lol.

Tighnari looks ok. His outfit is a bit too busy and full of mismatched colors for my liking but it isn't bad. Not crazy about the bob cut + ears look. Maybe I'll like it better in-game but at first glance it isn't grabbing me.

I don't know what they were thinking with Dori's design. If they announced that as a Diona skin on Twitter tomorrow, nobody would blink an eye. I actually like the aesthetic and the idea of a travelling merchant with genie vibes, but she just looks way too similar to Diona to the point she doesn't really strike me as a new character. I saw a side by side earlier and other than the eyes being different colors, they look very similar. They should've given her a different hair color or something.

Fischl and Diluc skins are both pretty great too. Not sure I'm willing to shell out the inflated price for Diluc's skin since I don't use him much anymore, but it does look a lot better than I expected. I think Fischl's skin might be my favorite skin they've done so far.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
WE GOT ARCHON LEAK
9j6w0op9tk891.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I think we'll need to start saving the ones we do get regardless of set bonus. Started saving EM pieces even though they're on non-VV/Wanderer's sets in case they work as off set pieces.
I've literally been doing this as soon as I found out about the uneven stat distribution. I have so many random em pieces with crit stats.
WE GOT ARCHON LEAK
9j6w0op9tk891.jpg
This cannot be real lmao. I dunno if I could use that even if she was broken.

That being said Raiden looked pretty bad when they showed off her model like this and her design is...acceptable.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I've been putting off this "Muddy Adventure" event due to RL obligations eating into free time. Finally have a moment now to try it out.

So... this is literally impossible unless you have a top tier team, right?
I'm stuck on the second level, I can get it charged to about 90% before I run out of time. Even lowering the world level to 7 can't stop these jerks and their huge amount of health from attacking the device. What the hell.
I still had enemies from the first wave alive during the last wave! (stupid geo slime)
As someone with top tier teams, I unfortunately can't say lol. Who are you using? Alternatively, do you have any characters with a skill that draws aggro so the enemies attack that instead of the device?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This one should work

www.reddit.com

r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks - Dendro Archon

0 votes and 546 comments so far on Reddit
If this is final, then huge meh from me, in terms of first impressions. Shame considering I think Venti, Zhongli, and Raiden are great. Then again, I remember Raiden being met with disappointment when she first leaked, so maybe things will hopefully change by her banner.

Until then, she's Spinach Klee.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
archon is cute, I guess. legit can't see me ever pulling for the young girl models though tbh.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine it'll be much different from that though, but we'll see
Maybe she changes into another charactermodel/grows up when using her skill/burst.
🙏
Or Al-Haitham. Speaking of which, just saw the leak that he's supposedly confirmed to have short hair. No rat tail. I repeat, no rat tail! He just keeps winning.
Yeah I saw a big version of that image for him, he looks so good! Definitely the one that I'm saving for.

www.reddit.com

r/AlHaithamMains - HIM!!!!!!!

74 votes and 12 comments so far on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.