• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I got my first Stringless from the Standard Banner today. I believe it's the only gacha 4-Star weapon I had missing still. It will do good on my Fischl or Venti in the future if I ever get him.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
These types of comments generate reports, you are making others in the thread uncomfortable. And this goes for anyone else making immature 'booba' remarks: consider this a first and final courtesy warning, as whatever happens next will be out of my hands. I do not want to see a slew of regulars of this thread get banned so knock it off right now. If this continues don't expect me to continue advocating for any of you.

Sorry for posting that, it wasn't my intention to make other people feel uncomfortable. It won't happen again.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I got my 6th Bennett from Standard. I too am now in the eternal red until Mihoyo lets us turn constellations on and off.

*sigh*

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Hey friends, what do I do with these dang tanuki? I can't figure out if they're just flavor or if they're like the mora ferrets in Mondstadt and Liyue. I'm ASSUMING the latter, but it seems like nothing ever happens. EDIT: lol i swear to god every time i ask a question in here i immediately figure it out and it turns out i'm just a total moron so nevermind i figured it out

Also just for fun, here is Masanori in 30 Seconds but only with 4-star characters and 4-star weapons.

In most Inazuma fights, Xinyan's shield can only take one hit despite being built with only DEF artifacts for the sole purpose of trying to have a shield that can eat more than one hit. Mihoyo really needs to give her some love one day, maybe at the next Lantern Rite.

Yeah I love everything else about her but her shield sucks!

Oct 27, 2017
Hey friends, what do I do with these dang tanuki? I can't figure out if they're just flavor or if they're like the mora ferrets in Mondstadt and Liyue. I'm ASSUMING the latter, but it seems like nothing ever happens.
If you chase them (usually 3-4 different spots) they'll eventually mimic an item. Then if you attack them they'll reveal themselves and drop a single low level artifact.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey friends, what do I do with these dang tanuki? I can't figure out if they're just flavor or if they're like the mora ferrets in Mondstadt and Liyue. I'm ASSUMING the latter, but it seems like nothing ever happens.

Kill 'em, kill 'em with fire!

Or just follow them repeatedly until they transform into some random object to hide, find and whack on that object, they return to their tanuki self and give you a reward. ;)

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
If you chase them (usually 3-4 different spots) they'll eventually mimic an item. Then if you attack them they'll reveal themselves and drop a single low level artifact.

Kill 'em, kill 'em with fire!

Or just follow them repeatedly until they transform into some random object to hide, find and whack on that object, they return to their tanuki self and give you a reward. ;)
Yeah I edited, and figured it out right away haha. Thanks. :P

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got my 6th Bennett from Standard. I too am now in the eternal red until Mihoyo lets us turn constellations on and off.

*sigh*
I'm like this for 3 months now...

I don't have any problems with the icon showing there. Never gonna get this constelation until Mihoyo let us turn off constelations.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
C6 Bennet club. It's awfully lonely in here with out poor decision making.

Constellation toggling can't come soon enough. It's never coming.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Constellation toggling can't come soon enough. It's never coming.

It doesn't even need to be a toggle. Just make the damn exclamation mark disappear when you select (but don't click on or press the button on) the constellation. This works the same in other menus as well. You often just have to select the exclamation mark or "new" thing to make it disappear.

But I do have the feeling that this is a deliberate design choice with Benny. Fits his entire theme. He's an amazing unit, but the very last constellation, which should normally be a big reward, is just bad luck.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
It doesn't even need to be a toggle. Just make the damn exclamation mark disappear when you select (but don't click on or press the button on) the constellation. This works the same in other menus as well. You often just have to select the exclamation or "new" thing to make it disappear.
Thats actually a really good point. It's bizarre the code isn't consistent.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
It doesn't even need to be a toggle. Just make the damn exclamation mark disappear when you select (but don't click on or press the button on) the constellation. This works the same in other menus as well. You often just have to select the exclamation or "new" thing to make it disappear.

But I do have the feeling that this is a deliberate design choice with Benny. Fits his entire theme. He's an amazing unit, but the very last constellation, which should normally be a big reward, is just bad luck.
Yeah, this would also be a solution. Just allowing us to remove the dumb exclamation would also be fine.

I still want them to enable constellations as toggle-able to make testing easier. A training mode of sorts would also be really nice. Even better if the training mode allows you train with different levels of constellations and weapons that you don't have, so you can see differences in damage, etc.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing this game on an OLED and have been for months? I didn't think about this much, but should probably shift to playing on PC due to the constant HUD...

I play exclusively on an LG CX, but I play in 3440x1440 Windowed mode since the UI size and field of view is much more tolerable when playing ultrawide. This lets me move around the window every so often so that I don't risk much burn in.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
I just did a 10x pull and got 2 Chongyuns and 2 Ayakas lol, i wanted Ningguang to fill out her constellation :(

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
It takes time. Focusing on one at a time works best for me.

I got Ayaka maxed out in less than a week but I did as much pre-farming as I could for her and I stockpiled fragile resin for months. The Diluc I got while pulling for her will take me much longer to get ready for showtime.

If you aren't already, consider using the seelie planner - https://seelie.inmagi.com/
This will make seeing what resources you need much easier than constantly backing in and out of the character menus

For folks like me who've been playing a while, there's a good amount of pre-farming that goes into things. Even if you don't look at beta leaks or whatever, you can safely build up a stock of money and exp books for a character.

If you're newer to the game, it helps to focus on a character or few characters you really enjoy and build them. Once your "A Team" is set, pick out a few characters you want to build and work on them bit by bit until they're up to speed.

Using condensed resin for talent/artifact domains can help too since it gives double rewards, and being efficient with your resin usage helps too. Not "wasting" it on bosses or domains you don't need can help speed the process up. When I'm trying to build a cryo character, using resin for the Electro cube, for instance, would be silly.

Thank you for the advice. My current team is Chongyung, Xiangling, Venti and Barbara.
I like to switch to Ayaka, Xingqiu, Kaeya, Venti.
So Im a bit overwhelmed, with 3 completly new chars + I dont even have a clue if this makes sense without a real healer like barbara.
Also I have the feeling that you need a greatsword user :D

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I... Thought I was taking it slow but... I now have 100% all three islands... Think I also did all the Inazuma achievements that you can do, only missing two.
It was a great experience except for most of the quests =/

I also caved and went for Ayaka and turns out she is more fun outside of her trial. That charge attack is awesome (can Keqing get the same, please). Should still be able to get Raiden but please... I don't want to lose more 50/50s (only won first Venti banner back at release and Xiao).

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
If the featured 5* character is the one the person wants the most, he'll need to roll on the banner, even if he does have everything there.
I literally addressed that:
No, just use your head and wait for the banners that have either multiple things you want, or something you really, really want.
Others have understood my point perfectly well and found value in it; you either keep misunderstanding it or are intent on misrepresenting it, and I don't feel I can do much about it either way.

Except bows and catalyst users!!

I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in my life than when I learned that Klee's dive attack is useless for mining...
I didn't know that, interesting. My party is almost all sword users (the game decided to give me every single sword-wielding 5*, except Ayaka which I decided not to roll for), so wouldn't know, hahah. It does make sense that a rain of arrows or an elemental attack wouldn't do much to a rock. I'm assuming Geo catalyst users would do damage to it? But of course they can damage it with normal attacks, so...

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I literally addressed that:

Others have understood my point perfectly well and found value in it; you either keep misunderstanding it or are intent on misrepresenting it, and I don't feel I can do much about it either way.

I didn't know that, interesting. My party is almost all sword users (the game decided to give me every single sword-wielding 5*, except Ayaka which I decided not to roll for), so wouldn't know, hahah. It does make sense that a rain of arrows or an elemental attack wouldn't do much to a rock. I'm assuming Geo catalyst users would do damage to it? But of course they can damage it with normal attacks, so...
Oh yeah actually I use Ning a lot when mining crystals. (Her passive is just too good.) Klee is I think the only other non claymore that can mine fast. But like I said... Their dive attacks do nothing. It's stupid! ):

Oct 27, 2017
You can call my tinfoil hat unfashionable, but both Raiden and Sara being on the same banner is hard to imagine.

All the historical stuff is pointing at more hypey character getting worse 4*, and less desirable characters being bundled with new 4*.

... and there is a small part of selfish bias where I would highly prefer for Raiden's 4* to be sucky, because I expect to win 50/50 pity and then build it back up again on the good 4* banners. Two independent events have to allign my way:
✔️✔️✔️ I win pity, and there is no Sara
✔️✔️ I win pity, and there is Sara
✔️ I lose pity, and there is Sara on the banner
❌❌❌ I lose pity, and there is no Sara

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm creeping towards soft pity and worked out the order of how happy I'd be with the results:

1) Ayaka (please gimme)
2) Mona
3) Diluc
4) Keqing (c3)
5) Qiqi (c1)
6) Jean

I'd be really happy to get Ayaka or Mona, moderately happy to get Diluc or Keqing's 3rd constellation, "okay" with getting Qiqi's first constellation and pretty upset with getting Jean since she would add nothing to my team when I already have Kazuha and Qiqi

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone playing this game on an OLED and have been for months? I didn't think about this much, but should probably shift to playing on PC due to the constant HUD...
im on a LED but im wondering if they could have the ID number invisible but viewable on mihoyo's end... I really dont understand why they haven't given us an option to turn it off...?
like WHY does it have to be on the bottom right ALWAYS like what is the reasoning behind it other than fucking up ppls monitors tvs???
my tv is 7 years old lol but i haven't seen any burn in ( I also have low ass back lighting turning it down to 30 or blow gives years to the set..) but yeah I wish this game had FF14 UI options... the controller ui is ok and all but it would be soo cool to scale everything on its own.. i would make the button prompts SMALL AF dont really need them in the first place.. I would also make the circle mini map a little bigger.. :/ players mainly being on mobile im really surprised there isnt scaling and movable buttons i just dont see how ppl play this game with their fingers lol the screen is so full of buttons on mobile.. i have big fingers and hands though.
:/

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Oh yeah actually I use Ning a lot when mining crystals. (Her passive is just too good.) Klee is I think the only other non claymore that can mine fast. But like I said... Their dive attacks do nothing. It's stupid! ):
Wait, so Ningguang's dive does no damage to mining crystals, either? That's just "contact support" levels of wrong, ew.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
lol, i solved the puzzle in this area but i can't enter because i need to get 3 electric orbs and i can only find 2, also there is electroculus above me i can't reach
i solved the puzzle by using chage attack from Ayaka

ibD5j9T.jpg

200.gif

okita

Oct 25, 2017
lol, i solved the puzzle in this area but i can't enter because i need to get 3 electric orbs and i can only find 2, also there is electroculus above me i can't reach
i solved the puzzle by using chage attack from Ayaka

ibD5j9T.jpg

200.gif

there is one orb solving the arrows puzzle nearby , the others are easy to see from distance If I remember correctly

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I feel like the game has gotten significantly harder since the Jade Palace. I am getting slaughtered. I'm probably being dumb about my team comp but still.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'm creeping towards soft pity and worked out the order of how happy I'd be with the results:

1) Ayaka (please gimme)
2) Mona
3) Diluc
4) Keqing (c3)
5) Qiqi (c1)
6) Jean

I'd be really happy to get Ayaka or Mona, moderately happy to get Diluc or Keqing's 3rd constellation, "okay" with getting Qiqi's first constellation and pretty upset with getting Jean since she would add nothing to my team when I already have Kazuha and Qiqi
I understand she might not be a fit for your team. But still, prefering a QiQi dupe over a first time Jean makes me sad :(

Bengraven