• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Hope the new Tales is good since people are starting to mention it here. Last one I enjoyed was Vesperia and then their budget just seemed to decrease after

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Haha...

Fuck you too MHY. The wolves *do* bypass shields for bleed and damage from attacks, they have poorly communicated stacks of bleed, and the bleed does mortal damage to the lead unit.

Utterly garbage design decision.

1500 dmg per stack of corrosion (overall dmg until effect wears off if I understand correctly) for now apparently and it stacks, it will also be very hard to not get hit judging by enemy abilities, because some of them have ranged attacks, some can kind of teleport behind you and just like the environmental effects, invulnerability frames from bursts don't stop you from taking dmg.
But these kind of reports have also been shown to be exaggeration in the past and things are always subject to change until release so we will see.
Personally I like having these kind of enemies that force bringing different characters with you but everything depends on the implementation. Things can get very annoying in the game.
Source.

Kinda depends on how Celestia functions, except we don't really have much of an idea on how it functions.

True.

Last edited:

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not worried about Zhongli. Enemies like these will need to be in huge numbers to threaten him. But these sort of enemies will ruin a lot of Hu Tao players.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not worried about Zhongli. Enemies like these will need to be in huge numbers to threaten him. But these sort of enemies will ruin a lot of Hu Tao players.
As a Hu Tao player the bleed mechanic sucks. SUUUUUUCKS. Ugh. Wouldn't be as bad if it couldn't kill you, but the fact that it can is terrible.

And what's this about the ability going through i-frames? God this design is terrible. I'm honestly legit surprised such a poorly designed enemy made it to beta.

Mihoyo A: "Hmm... What's the solution to players having too much damage mitigation?"
Mihoyo B: "Well, we just make an enemy that ignores everything you do!"
Mihoyo A: "Brilliant!"

Also, this just makes Bennett stronger, which is baffling. Secret Pyro Archon indeed.

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
As a Zhongli have-not, I don't mind the new healer meta if it comes to that.
The irony is that it won't actually change the meta at all, since basically all meta teams have Diona or Bennett. It just makes shields categorically worse. And Zhongli will still be in all the teams he's meta for, because a big part of the reason he's in those teams is for resistance shred, which only he can offer.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a Hu Tao player the bleed mechanic sucks. SUUUUUUCKS. Ugh. Wouldn't be as bad if it couldn't kill you, but the fact that it can is terrible.
Same thoughts here. Hu Tao is my main, and she's in a constant state of 10-20% HP for me. Zhongli is what keeps her alive.

This seems like an indirect Hu Tao nerf to me :(

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Same thoughts here. Hu Tao is my main, and she's in a constant state of 10-20% HP for me. Zhongli is what keeps her alive.

This seems like an indirect Hu Tao nerf to me :(
Up until Ayaka, Hu Tao was my main as well, and I still use her regularly in my Zhongli team. I feel your pain. God this is such a dumb design decision. And if the enemy actually gets to ignore i-frames... I don't even know.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
One of the leakers said Hu Tao could manage her health just fine through the bleed so I wouldn't worry about it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm also getting Tales of Arise, so my playtime of this game is going to drop dramatically. Oh wait, fishing. Guess my acquirement of R5 Catch is going to be a ways off.

One of the leakers said Hu Tao could manage her health just fine through the bleed so I wouldn't worry about it.
Yeah, Hu Tao can self heal. She'll be fine.

Xiao on the other hand...

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Heard a rumor that

Her Story Quest is the Civil War raging on due to peace talks falling through from Sangonomiya's discovery that the Shogunate has been working with the Fatui to cause the entire war and all the atrocities that come with it as a result

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Heard a rumor that

Her Story Quest is the Civil War raging on due to peace talks falling through from Sangonomiya's discovery that the Shogunate has been working with the Fatui to cause the entire war and all the atrocities that come with it as a result

That is too interesting so I don't believe it.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
And if the enemy actually gets to ignore i-frames... I don't even know.

Not sure if you are referencing the same leak but the one I read said that the effect of the attack ignores iframes just like environmental effects not the enemy attack itself. Meaning if you got hit before any iframes and the corrosion status is applied to you then if you do a burst afterwards the bleed effect doesn't stop draining your life bar.
It could be like the Mirror Maiden attack that marks you where you can't avoid the attack itself with iframes but that is not what the leak was talking about if I understood correctly.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Heard a rumor that

That sounds like nuance and I'm not sure if Genshin is capable of that

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The irony is that it won't actually change the meta at all, since basically all meta teams have Diona or Bennett. It just makes shields categorically worse. And Zhongli will still be in all the teams he's meta for, because a big part of the reason he's in those teams is for resistance shred, which only he can offer.
I know for sure I won't be running Zhongli in my Eula team.
I'll instead go double Electro/Double Cryo, or maybe Sucrose/Kazuha for crowd control.
The resistance shred is nice, but if I can get additional damage instead, then it's worth it. Zhongli was only useful on that team for the shield.

hypersheep325

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot of stuff changing about the new monsters and the bleed, so everybody should probably just chill for a bit before passing judgment.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Introducing an enemy that cuts through shields is one thing that I can handle but if they really can hit you through iframes that would be total BS.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Is raiden a must have?
I came back to the game after a break and lost my 50-50 to qiqi instead of the featured and now i'm feeling a bit pressured.
Also overwhelmed at the housing system and the new stories etc!

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'll instead go double Electro/Double Cryo, or maybe Sucrose/Kazuha for crowd control.
The resistance shred is nice, but if I can get additional damage instead, then it's worth it. Zhongli was only useful on that team for the shield.
Isn't the 20% resistance shred pretty significant? Or is that diminishing returns stacked with superconduct?

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Is raiden a must have?
I came back to the game after a break and lost my 50-50 to qiqi instead of the featured and now i'm feeling a bit pressured.
I wouldn't consider her a must have. She's great no doubt, but not on a Venti or Zhong Li level.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Inazuma has been a great region launch, and the enemy adjustements they made were to make things easier on the players. Even if that wasn't the case, I don't think it does anyone any good to freak out about early beta leaks.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the 20% resistance shred pretty significant? Or is that diminishing returns stacked with superconduct?
It helps, but say I run Beidou with her now instead, I get damage/interruption reduction and charge for her with Eula, this is in addition to the damage from Stormbreaker.

Oct 27, 2017
Is raiden a must have?
Not a must have imo (I have her at C0). She has some niche teams that she does very well in and is fun to play, but having Raiden isn't game altering in the same way Zhongli is and Venti used to be.

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Is raiden a must have?
No. Zhongli and Bennett. They're the only must haves.
Not sure if you are referencing the same leak but the one I read said that the effect of the attack ignores iframes just like environmental effects not the enemy attack itself. Meaning if you got hit before any iframes and the corrosion status is applied to you then if you do a burst afterwards the bleed effect doesn't stop draining your life bar.
It could be like the Mirror Maiden attack that marks you where you can't avoid the attack itself with iframes but that is not what the leak was talking about if I understood correctly.
Either way, still bad. It's literally putting you in a state where you're losing even if you're doing something that's supposed to help you win (and that, previously, had no negative effects attached to it). It's a knife in the back and then twisting it.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Zhongli's not really needed on a Eula team tho? She normally runs Diona, and then Fischl or Raiden for superconduct, last slot is Flex.

Zhongli's good in any team, but he's great on teams that particularly have issues without shields. So, any character with heavily commital moves, like Diluc / Klee / Ganyu is where Zhongli really shines. That said, he's still never bad on a team, and this shield ignoring butthole won't change that.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
It's sad that Raiden doesn't have good sinergy with Razor, Keqing or Beidou, because I played with each of them as DPS at some point and I like them all.

Yae being a Claymore user DPS or something crazy like that would be interesting.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Zhongli's not really needed on a Eula team tho? She normally runs Diona, and then Fischl or Raiden for superconduct, last slot is Flex.

Zhongli's good in any team, but he's great on teams that particularly have issues without shields. So, any character with heavily commital moves, like Diluc / Klee / Ganyu is where Zhongli really shines. That said, he's still never bad on a team, and this shield ignoring butthole won't change that.
Yeah, he was the flex slot, so I didn't have to worry about animation interruption.
Pretty sure most Eula teams ran him cause of that, he's popular in most Eula comps.
Now that'll be Beidou's role.

I didn't need Zhongli for my Venti team, so he won't serve any purpose.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, he was the flex slot, so I didn't have to worry about animation interruption.
Now that'll be Beidou's role.

I didn't need Zhongli for my Venti team, so he won't serve any purpose.
I use Zhongli with Albedo, and I don't really have a geared replacement for Albedo atm, so until further notice, Zhongli will always have to be on at least one of my teams. That said, my Diona is getting there and since Sara is awesome with Raiden, I can make Xingqiu / Ayaka / Diona / Zhongli - at some point

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
C2 Jean is an hilarious constellation. Turns her into Sonic the hedgehog. Kinda wish there was a set to increase attack and movement speed

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Do yall use any uncommon teams or do you go for the ones you mostly hear are good?

I'm about to look at all my teams and break em up, switch em around some so I'm curious as to how everyone else team builds. I just go for who I like and whatever works, works.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
Still throwing my spare primos at the Raiden banner after failing the 50/50. Thankfully, I'm quite immune to fomo, if I don't get her I'll just continue to live my life as usual

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do yall use any uncommon teams or do you go for the ones you mostly hear are good?

I'm about to look at all my teams and break em up, switch em around some so I'm curious as to how everyone else team builds. I just go for who I like and whatever works, works.

Build to maximize your favorite units.

There's almost no one less meta than Xinyan but she's a staple on my Abyss runs because I pair her with my main Eula as shield support and a bit of a physical damage booster. I even run Def Millelith on her to get her shield to last as long as possible. I save Zhongli for the other floor.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Forgot to mention it's for my main dps Diluc
Serpent Spine is his best 4* weapon, so if you don't have any 5* Claymore get that for sure.

For me it's generally:

- Optimal builds in the Spiral Abyss.
- Random teams in the orverworld.

I plan to experiment more in the Abyss after I can get all stars comfortably. For me the meta goes hand in hand with characters I enjoy though, I'd never build (or pull for) a character I don't care for just because they're supposed to be strong.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I use Zhongli with Albedo, and I don't really have a geared replacement for Albedo atm, so until further notice, Zhongli will always have to be on at least one of my teams. That said, my Diona is getting there and since Sara is awesome with Raiden, I can make Xingqiu / Ayaka / Diona / Zhongli - at some point
If you have Ningguang at C2 or above, that might be a better pair.
In the case of the Ayaka team, Kazuha or Venti seems like it'd be better, for the crowd control.

Though of course, if you got none of them, Zhongli will still be ok.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So the new monsters can't damage you directly when shielded but apply the bleed status effect nonetheless.

Seems fine to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

And the bleed damage is less than burning grass lmao

edit: idk what happened double post 🥴

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you Fuu

My Diluc seems pretty weak tbh kinda bummed I'm stuck on 10-2 while everyone else talks about how easy everything is lol
I feel you, haha. Take your time though, it gets easier the more you develop the characters.

I use Diluc on Abyss with Serpent Spine and he's hitting like a beast now, it really is a matter of investing on talents, levels and upgrading some decent artifacts. I'm close to getting 9 stars on floor 12, just need to finish getting some of my supports up to speed.

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
So the new monsters can't damage you directly when shielded but apply the bleed status effect nonetheless.

Seems fine to me 🤷🏻‍♂️

And the bleed damage is less than burning grass lmao

edit: idk what happened double post 🥴
I guess this is indeed more to promote healing more than to invalidate shields then. DoTs bypassing shields but not the hit itself seems consistent with how DoTs work elsewhere in the game (except for special cases like Azhdaha's passive damage not happening if you have a shield up).

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
What's everyone using on abyss Maguu Kenki? I'd been running through with Ayaka on that side & she was just plinking him. Decided I should shuffle my teams rather than keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.