Status
Not open for further replies.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I still want Raiden (Baal), but her design is very basic to me. Disappointed.

Yoimiya looks nice. I wanna see what her gameplay is like.

Oct 27, 2017
Samurai Artifacts + Freedom Sword + ER Sands

Xingqui will carve a new, higher, support-damage tier.

Katana looks on the weaker side stats wise, but the passive can always make-up for it ;( There was an in-action video leaked months ago.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, Gorou is freaking adorable -- and finally an animal boy!!! But wtf at all the geo boys, MHY pls jflkda

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Finally more electro characters. Enough with so much cryo and pyro, please.

edit: and more male characters! I like furry boy Gorou. Geo bow sounds interesting.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Raiden design isn't bad but yeah, it doesn't match this intimidating aggressive character we've been told about
You know we're gonna get one of these.

tenor.gif

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if I would say Yae's design is disappointing considering she's just a character from Honkai. With Baal there was an expectation built upon the lore of the character that had been presented to us. That's what makes her disappointing.
Aww...thank you! :) That's actually really nice to hear that someone enjoys me posting them. I often get the feeling, or I'm outright told, it annoys people.
Oh really? I guess from my perspective your pics reminded me that this is such a beautiful game with so much to it. I never really take the time to appreciate that. But at the same time I don't have the keen eye that you have for great snaps. When I see your pics I think "how did he even get this?" haha.
Eh. These designs are so basic and boring.
Tbf, how were they going to top the master of drip that is Big Dong Zhong lol?

Seriously though, I think he has one of the best designs in the game personally.
People saw Raiden's design in the Kazuya teaser, and assumed she had long flowing hair and a similar costume to match, only for the in game model not to match that due to limitations I guess. I'm assuming that's where most of the disappointment is coming from.
This is probably also a factor.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
With these nerfs it doesn't look like I'll be pulling on Ayaka immediately. Will need to let the dust settle and see what others think.

If she still sucks I won't know what to do with these 70,000 primogems anymore lol

Probably pick up the Archon who is sure to be OP.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these better be 4 stars
Tbf, how were they going to top the master of drip that is Big Dong Zhong lol?

Seriously though, I think he has one of the best designs in the game personally.

You're right. They spent all their talent there and it can only go down.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
People saw Raiden's design in the Kazuya teaser, and assumed she had long flowing hair and a similar costume to match, only for the in game model not to match that due to limitations I guess. I'm assuming that's where most of the disappointment is coming from.
I mean... it is the same outfit.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
With these nerfs it doesn't look like I'll be pulling on Ayaka immediately. Will need to let the dust settle and see what others think.
I don't know why but I actually laughed out loud when I read the word nerf. Like it's so crazy to me that a character that really needed buffs got nerfed instead.

Maybe there's something no one in the beta realised and actually she's secret broken.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I don't know why but I actually laughed out loud when I read the word nerf. Like it's so crazy to me that a character that really needed buffs got nerfed instead.

Maybe there's something no one in the beta realised and actually she's secret broken.

Well there is still time for beta testers to give feedback and differences between the beta and what ultimately goes live. So I am still holding out some hope. We'll see, but I am not feeling optimistic.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
gorou looks ok, probably the best out of this batch, but can we please get a male character that isn't a twink please?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Gorou only distinct good design so far. Cute boys keep winning.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
??????????????

Did I forget mordred in the years that I've not touched Fate, cause Yomiya don't look nothing that feral child.

I think it's just the hair and the tomboyish vibe that reminds me of Mordred a bit. xD

Tbh....I really wanted to like Yoimiya's design more but I don't like it enough to roll for her I think. :(

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
At the very least there is a whole 1.7 beta for people to complain and get Mihoyo to realised how badly they fucked up on Ayaka, lol.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Wow Geo Bow guy is a four star? I really expected him to be five star given his story significance. I expect that Raiden's right hand lady Sara and Yae Sakura will probably be five stars.

I speculate patch order to be this:

1.7 Ayaka + Yoimiya with all of inazuma map and the first part of the story

1.8 Moonchase which will be really awkward to go back to inazuma for a festival while inazuma story is happening but eh. Keqing buff and Ganyu and Xiao rerun banners.

1.9 Part 2 of Inazuma story with Yae Sakura and Sara as five stars. Maybe geo bow fox boy as four star.

Beyond that, another patch to finish Inazuma story and five star Raiden banner in time for the first anniversary.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
People wear different clothes when they're sitting in a chair ruling versus roaming the open world slaying monsters. :sip:

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Why so many smaller boy models >.< Tohma looks cool but I'm also sick of Pyro and Cryo. Geo dude looks interesting, but again, there only being 2 sizes for male characters makes him look like some 15 year old. Same problem with Kazuha, makes it feel like the resistance is run by teens.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The update drops tomorrow.

Cool. Guess I picked a good time to come back, then.

Why so many smaller boy models >.< Tohma looks cool but I'm also sick of Pyro and Cryo. Geo dude looks interesting, but again, there only being 2 sizes for male characters makes him look like some 15 year old. Same problem with Kazuha, makes it feel like the resistance is run by teens.

Their model rigs all having such strict adherence to two or three body forms is getting really obvious lately. And it's kind of frustrating. When are we gonna get to see a muscular character?

Semblance

Oct 26, 2017
California
There's a lot to catch up on. I like Baal's design, even if it's not what I was expecting. I'm not feeling anyone else except Yoimiya though, and it's hard to care about another Pyro dps. New energy artifact set seems ridiculous. I got a C6 Beidou I've been wanting to give an artifact do-over, but that can obviously wait.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see all the new characters but I have tiny bit of an issue...

Decided, again my best judgment... to wish on the weapon banner for Eula's weapon...

I manage to convince myself that I would be fine with Aquila for my Jean or Bennett If I were to be unlucky, or a Jade spear for my Xiao.

Decided to keep wishing until I saw a Five Star, I had just enough to go to the soft pity, 70 wish...

At the 66th wish, it finally turned Golden !

What was it, my hands were shaking... the screen revealed...

Song Of Broken Pines !!! YES !!!

I'm exhausted, too many emotions.

Can't wait for Inazuma ! And the 1.6 too of course, though I'll skip all its banners.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you think this:
YtIyfsd.jpg
and this:
FB_IMG_1622481878960.png

are the same outfit, then I'm legit not sure what to say to that.
LOL I didn't even realise the difference was so large. You're right. This definitely had a big role to play.
there is this Chinese edit of Raiden looking like that ingame, it looks kinda awesome. It's on the Genshin impact leaks reddit.
Sadly no model will look like that in this game. It'd be a clipping nightmare.
Was this recent? I'm unable to find it :(

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Reminder:

If you live in the Americas you are safe to do your dailies on June 7. Save your June 8th dailies until after the update if you plan on playing right away when servers go up if you really want the BP points.

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
I would have thought that with them slowly fixing the nightmarish clipping bugs on Ningguang's flowing dress through several patches they would have figured out how exactly to make those type of outifts work but I guess not. It's a shame, because even if I don't love how horny-bait the outfit in the cutscene is, it is at least better than what the leak shows.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean all the parts are there. Other than collision nightmare trails
Feel we're just doing technicalities at this point. If you remove most of an outfit, is it still the same outfit? Point I was making is that if people were getting excited for her design due to the her long flowing hair and long flowing costume, then they're obviously going to be disappointed that her in-game model rocks a braid and has the long trails of her costume outright removed.

Either way, only ever cared about her from a gameplay standpoint, so her design is whatever to me. I do admit, the design we saw in the flashback would have been neat to see implemented in game, but that was never going to happen due to limitations. As Vena said, this was always going to be an impossibility in this engine.

5ui6sxjwru371.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.