• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You just need Jean and Bennett for Sunfire combo to easily rip the shield with constant pyro swirl. Xiangling is just nice extra.

Saw a team of Xiao, Jean, Bennett, Zhongli deal with it reasonably fast.
Hmm. Maybe it's time to level Jean. Wonder how a team of Diluc, Xingqui, Bennett, Jean would do...

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
I do wonder if all the shield enemies is an attempt to promote Kazuha, who seems to have an Ult that swirls a lot in a wide area. I also wonder if the Jean + Bennett combo will work with Bennett + Kazuha

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I do wonder if all the shield enemies is an attempt to promote Kazuha, who seems to have an Ult that swirls a lot in a wide area. I also wonder if the Jean + Bennett combo will work with Bennett + Kazuha

Hmm, Jean's Q has like 10 ticks on a 10 sec duration. Kazuha only has 5 ticks on 8 sec duration. A bit slow for tick/sec.

The big question mark for this tech is, unlike Jean, Kazuha Q do absorb element. Now, if inside his Q circle there are two elements present
1) Your Pyro-infused character resulting from Bennett Q effect
2) Electro from Abyss Lector, then which one get absorbed to his Q? Pyro or Electro?

If it's the former then it potentially good since it basically doubles the pyro elemental application (10 pyro tick/8 sec) assuming no ICD, but if it's the later then it's kinda bad since it would do nothing to Lector shield.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
but the design isn't already in the game; another blonde guy with a vaguely similar hairstyle is in the game!

but to be fair, my first impression was the same, until I actually looked at him, that's the problem with anime when it's so rigid like it is with body types in this game, this is just going to be an increasingly common problem over time unless they shake things up, but regardless, kazuha does look different, and also rules

dot dot dot dot dot
Just to add to this, almost all characters has elements from other characters both in terms of design and gameplay. Just look at Eula. But Kazuha seems to get more comments about it here because he shares stuff with Aether and for some reason people can't look past that. On top of that one of the most common complaints I've seen here is that character don't fit their background and professions and Kazuha 100% does that.

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to add to this, almost all characters has elements from other characters both in terms of design and gameplay. Just look at Eula. But Kazuha seems to get more comments about it here because he shares stuff with Aether and for some reason people can't look past that. On top of that one of the most common complaints I've seen here is that character don't fit their background and professions and Kazuha 100% does that.

I think the issue is he looks extremely identical due to the hair and sameface going on. His further design is different, yes, but his face and hair style (and colors) make him look like Aether and a lot of us notice it and it sticks out really badly.

anemovision

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Aug 8, 2018
finished up the final two misty dungeon event levels, overall the event was super easy and gave out decent rewards but I don't really want to see this kinda thing back again.

Unless I'm not remembering something this is the first in-game event that just had zero context and was accessed only through menus and not using in-game characters. Not that the seelie event or similar had deep lore or even a resolution but this one has literally nothing other than 'we needed an event for this week'.

hope we can see more effort put into future events.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
This event felt like they were designing something but gave up halfway in and just released half of it. Only one set of characters, no multiple maps.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
Yeah that's how it felt to me too. I liked the event with different challenges and that you had to change your team a bit. But it would made a lot more sense if the choosable characters would have changed with every stage (also the layout).
But in it's current form I played every map the same with rushing the altars and fighting the boss. The slight difference beeing to kill 10 enemies while shielded, use some plunge attacks etc.

Mar-Mar

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 30, 2017
Germany
I think the issue is he looks extremely identical due to the hair and sameface going on. His further design is different, yes, but his face and hair style (and colors) make him look like Aether and a lot of us notice it and it sticks out really badly.
The funny thing is that imo Kazuha's face doesn't look as similar to Aether's than other characters of his body type. Obviously the only things that differentiate in Genshin are eye shape and colour. So, you have to answer me: Why is his face extremely identical in a way that Xingqiu's, Chongyun's, Albedo's, Razor's and Xiao's aren't? The big eye faces are: Aether & Xingqiu. The more adult faces are: Kazuha, Xiao & Albedo with Chongyun & Razor being kinda in the middle. Eye shapes are slightly differnt overall for everyone with Razor's being the closest to Aether. And last but not least: Imo Diluc's eyes and hair look closer to Kazuha's than Aether's by far. Both character's bangs intersect in the middle, messy hair and same hair length (aside from the pony tail). Aether has only one of these, but oh the hair colour is closer, right? Worry not for Diluc has the same eye colour! (and an eye shape that is more similar as well)

This is why your "extremely identical" feels absurd to me and it feels more like it's "at first glance he looks similar" because messy hair + same-y hair colour. Doesn't help that some people mention it all the effing time and the bandwagoning has started, but I take my Canadian Diluc and you peeps can do whatever with your Canadian Aether from a Genshin Impact that I don't know of. :P

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
I was pulling from the weapon banner and if I got Pines I would pull for Eula (close to mercy). I pulled Aquila Favonia and was almost brought to tears but now I remembered it's Bennet's BiS weapon so at least it won't go to waste.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
just got this artifact

1Ew0qCD.jpg

hmm, i have one like it, but weaker

5ZOI5yt.jpg

SACRIFICE TIME

4rcicOc.jpeg

Result

9dAfApq.jpeg

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I'm calling photoshop because I don't for a minute believe that on-set goblets with good substats exist

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is that imo Kazuha's face doesn't look as similar to Aether's than other characters of his body type. Obviously the only things that differentiate in Genshin are eye shape and colour. So, you have to answer me: Why is his face extremely identical in a way that Xingqiu's, Chongyun's, Albedo's, Razor's and Xiao's aren't? The big eye faces are: Aether & Xingqiu. The more adult faces are: Kazuha, Xiao & Albedo with Chongyun & Razor being kinda in the middle. Eye shapes are slightly differnt overall for everyone with Razor's being the closest to Aether. And last but not least: Imo Diluc's eyes and hair look closer to Kazuha's than Aether's by far. Both character's bangs intersect in the middle, messy hair and same hair length (aside from the pony tail). Aether has only one of these, but oh the hair colour is closer, right? Worry not for Diluc has the same eye colour! (and an eye shape that is more similar as well)

This is why your "extremely identical" feels absurd to me and it feels more like it's "at first glance he looks similar" because messy hair + same-y hair colour. Doesn't help that some people mention it all the effing time and the bandwagoning has started, but I take my Canadian Diluc and you peeps can do whatever with your Canadian Aether from a Genshin Impact that I don't know of. :P
This is how I feel about it, too--well, okay, not that Kazuha looks like Diluc lol, but with the rest of it. Aether and Kazuha's faces are noticeably different if one actually takes the time to give them more than a cursory glance. I mean, yeah, I get their hair is a bit similar and that's obviously what's tripping everyone up, but fandom's constant 'Canadian Aether' stuff really is starting to get old at this point. Like they aren't that similar, jeez.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Mapped the screenshot button on the Switch Pro controller to left mouse button. Game changer.
Finally can get through startup/login without reaching for the mouse.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The reality of the situation is there just isn't much variety in terms of facial and build features in general. As long as they keep reusing the same models for all the characters, we'll keep getting characters that don't look very distinct from each other.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Eula's skill worked like Xinyan's and generated a shield instead of just boosting her defense... I mean it'd probably make her super broken but that's okay.

just got this artifact

1Ew0qCD.jpg

hmm, i have one like it, but weaker

5ZOI5yt.jpg

SACRIFICE TIME

4rcicOc.jpeg

Result

9dAfApq.jpeg

I whipped out my fragile resin war chest and spent 10 trying to get that very cup yesterday... I don't have to tell you how that story ended lol.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
I'm calling photoshop because I don't for a minute believe that on-set goblets with good substats exist
Funnily enough, i did also get a Physical on-set Goblet for Eula on the very first run i grinded for Zhongli lol
It even turned out good.

But thats also the only on-set goblet i got, the others are off-set and not even good e.e
But yeah they dont exist *looks at my Klee who still suffers 8 months since launch from not having either Critrate Circlet or Pyro Goblet from Crimson Witch to fix her*

Dont even have enough trash pyro goblets for all pyro characters and soon Yoimiya? >.>

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Kazuha is an easy pass for me. Boring design, and there are already so many other good, unique looking Anemo characters available. His abilities do look nice, but not nice enough to make it worth pulling for. Would much rather get Jean, Xiao or even Sucrose. Maybe his numbers will be crazy.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm not interested in Kazuha too, Venti is enough for me.

Yoimiya, on the other hand, I'm a bit curious about since I got Amos Bow yesterday and she's supposed to be a pyro bow user? But who knows if she'll be as good as Ganyu...

I just feel like I should try rolling for a bow user for my first 5* weapon and get some use out of it.....

I'll try to stay strong and wait for electro archon lol

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Kazuha is a skip becase:
  • Boring Aether twin
  • Venti exists
  • Inazuma units are soon
  • Doesn't seem very memable
  • "A gentle and carefree soul whose heart hides many burdens" Zzzzzzz

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jean and Venti are all the anemo I need. And if circumstances change and I figure that I need more anemo one day, I have a Sucrose and a Traveler.

Even Xiao was a skip for me and I got a Jade Wing Spear, which Zhongli gladly uses instead.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
The real bet is gonna be whether or not Aether's voice actor makes a joke about Kazuha's resemblance during the promo broadcast.

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
Kazuha is a skip because he is a stock boring anime lead type that I can't stand lol.

we will see what his gimmick is tho

Eula LOOKED like your typical stoic lady knight; her vengeance thing is at least something

(also realize that light blue hair is my thing as I also like Ganyu...and she is boring as fuck lol)

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Kazuha probably a skip for me in terms of gameplay. But u know what, I wouldn't be mad if I got him from some random single pulls.

Reason:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I think all the leaked stuff that Kazuha isn't what people think kazuha is.

He's definitely a cliche, but I don't think he's the cliche people think he is.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
I want to buy Bennet on the shop(finally have enough thingies for a 4*), but don't want to get hosed in the shop rotation in case geo mommy or chuuni shows up, when does leaks for shop rotation appear? after the 1.6 show perhaps?

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
I'd roll for Kazuha if the 4*s are Bennett, Sucrose + Fischl (lol in my dreams).

I've now got a good amount of c6 4*s but those top supports are all c1 or 2 for me. Don't think I can roll on a 5* banner now if I have at least 2/3 characters at c6.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I want to buy Bennet on the shop(finally have enough thingies for a 4*), but don't want to get hosed in the shop rotation in case geo mommy or chuuni shows up, when does leaks for shop rotation appear? after the 1.6 show perhaps?

I bought Bennet in the shop and immediately pulled him on my next wish lol. Now I have the cursed C6 notification forever. It's a trap, etc. But yeah I'm sure this weekend we'll see some leaks.

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Hit pity in the standard/permanent banner (after like 85 pulls...) and got c1 Mona.

Definitely not complaining, but I wish I could have gotten Keqing or Jean. Oh well! Now Mona is even stronger as a burst support :D

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I bought Bennet in the shop and immediately pulled him on my next wish lol. Now I have the cursed C6 notification forever. It's a trap, etc. But yeah I'm sure this weekend we'll see some leaks.
That's literally why I didn't buy him even though mine is only c3 lol

That and I only have 40 starglitter. Actually I might buy Lisa since starter constellations are rarer than some 5*

also I will not be having all this Kazuha slander on this page

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I really want Xingqui C6. I have him at C5 right now. I think I can manage 2 more 10 pulls out of the Eula banner before it disappears. I hope I get him.

Don't necessarily want Eula but I won't complain if I do get her. She'll more than likely catch some dust for a while until I would be able to build her. Who I really want is the Electro Archon, even though I have no idea who she is or how she plays lol. But if they follow the trend of the Archons being OP supports then that's who I want.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I want Electro Archon to:
1) Amp electro dmg to higher level so she saves Keqing.
2) Have unlimited particles generation so she makes energy-demanding units like Eula or Beidou more comfy.
3) Have some unique mechanic, preferably CC like stun or something like that.
4) Maybe throw in some healing abilities too since we don't have any Electro healer.

Low expectation, I know. I'm not greedy.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
2) Have unlimited particles generation so she makes energy-demanding units like Eula or Beidou more comfy.
4) Maybe throw in some healing abilities too since we don't have any Electro healer.

I want her to do some off field Electro damage in a huge AOE like Albedo, while also generating tons of Electro particles. A stun mechanic sounds awesome. Both Venti & Zhong Li have CC bursts. It only makes sense for her to do the same.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
I wanna know how MHY plans to take her "heart" no way she gets woman handled like Venti, nor gonna sign a contract like Zhongli.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017

I personally hope she has some sort of "static discharge" passive that just deals AoE Electro damage every few seconds while she's on the field. Hoping her abilities have like... paralyze effects that lower enemy defenses and stun them.

What might be really interesting is a particle generation Ult. For example, her Ult makes it so that every time she hits an enemy she generates particles or something. She'd definitely be "in the meta" if she had something like that.

That said, at this point I just hope she looks cool and isn't wearing a boobsock.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

The leaker folk, whether bullshit or not, keep mentioning "time" in relation to her
So I'm hoping for some Bayonetta "witch time" stuff
So a counter like Beidou's but slows things down as a gimmick

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The leaker folk, whether bullshit or not, keep mentioning "time" in relation to her
So I'm hoping for some Bayonetta "witch time" stuff
So a counter like Beidou's but slows things down as a gimmick

The dream burst is for it to work just like Stasis on objects in BotW, where the enemy is frozen for a few seconds and the more hits done against it, the more damage they take and the farther they fly off.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
The dream burst is for it to work just like Stasis on objects in BotW, where the enemy is frozen for a few seconds and the more hits done against it, the more damage they take and the farther they fly off.

As a Xiao player I've been on the end of that a few times
I don't want my enemies to be blasted out of the abyss floor where I can't kill them

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I don't think so, but if she was there's still precedent for that to change like Albedo going from bow to sword, so you can never be too sure
I would like the electro catalyst to be Scaramouche if anything, there aren't any male catalyst users yet

Status
Not open for further replies.