Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Picking Klee for the second team was a mistake, couldnt get that last star :) Water herald doesn't seem to be weak to fire. Switched teams, Klee goes against Electro, Xiao + Fischl against Water and it all worked out. Was close though, no more than 10s left.

Xiao is indeed better if I plunge -> 1-2 swipes -> plunge. Now all of my Gladiator gear is junk: not a single hero who uses it... Will have to hit VV dungeon eventually, no escape.

I really need a 3rd support sword, at the moment, I cannot bring Albedo, Bennet and Xinqui in the same Abyss round.

I hope you're using the 3 star Harbinger of Dawn sword on Albedo. It's his best in slot weapon if you use him only for support, which is the best way to use him - even beats out Festering Desire.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you're using the 3 star Harbinger of Dawn sword on Albedo. It's his best in slot weapon if you use him only for support, which is the best way to use him - even beats out Festering Desire.

I am not.

Aren't I getting some EM boost after using Albedo ult? Don't I want to spam more ults with ER Sword? I give Festering to Albedo.

Well... we are back to that Genshin-breaking square where I can be insanely ignorant about how heroes work, what are the best builds, and what are the best compositions... and still make it out "almost" at the first try.

But reading about this Harbringer sword, Albedo (if I ever pick him) is in the party of Bennet as a healer... So the passive effect might get bogged if I ever take damage with Albedo.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am not.

Aren't I getting some EM boost after using Albedo ult? Don't I want to spam more ults with ER Sword? I give Festering to Albedo.

Well... we are back to that Genshin-breaking square where I can be insanely ignorant about how heroes work, what are the best builds, and what are the best compositions... and still make it out "almost" at the first try.

But reading about this Harbringer sword, Albedo (if I ever pick him) is in the party of Bennet as a healer... So the passive effect might get bogged if I ever take damage with Albedo.

If you want as much burst spam as you can for EM reasons, Festering is probably better. If you want the hardest hitting blossom, then Harbinger is the way to go.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Floor 10 ended up freaking me out over Floor 11, cause I didn't expect it to change like this.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's the first time I've beaten floor 12 on the first try. Maybe I really am growing~

Yeah... it's like you can tell they said "people are getting too many gems off this floor, let's throw some annoying heralds and a cryo hypostasis in there to slow them down."

The thing that annoys me with the heralds is that they're not actually that hard, they're just designed to waste your time. You can drain their hp so quick, even have them frozen/petrified, yet they just randomly stop taking damage and go into barrier mode no matter what. It's rude. In conclusion, enemies shouldn't be allowed to have shields. Only Zhongli. I rest my case.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Yah, floor 10 was a bit hard this time.
espically with that cryo cube boss, i was only have bennet with that team.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Cleared the new 1.6 Spiral Abyss. Only 34 stars first try tho.

First team was Morgana comp, absolutely no problem at all on this side. Second team, I tried using Keqing EC + Jean sunfire and it kinda struggled a bit. 12-2 part 2 with geo hatchlings wasted too much time with its invincible rolling phase (puke). For 12-3 part 2 I feel like my Keqing's team DPS wasn't enough to quickly burst down Herald HP. But I dunno maybe I was just playing it poorly, lol. Will try again later.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
How often do I have to visit my house to claim the rewards? I am at almost 20k energy or rating.

The event part, in which you get tokens for the dodoco book shop, has not started yet, right?

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Chong + Dilluc + Venti made short work of all heralds on floor 10 and 11, without the ER and cooldown debuffs they are somehow manageable.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just can't have any of the little, red exclamation marks on my screen, lol. I have to instantly get rid of them. Sometimes events drive me nuts with all their exclamation marks and me not being completely sure how to get rid of them.
I already know once my Bennett reaches C6 I will have to fuck him up just to get rid of the exclamation mark. ;__;

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Just when I 36* the abyss they change it up again :|

Got up to 35* this time but I need to shave 40 seconds off my time somehow on the last chamber. I didn't bring a pyro char on the second team and spent most of the time trying to break the ice mage's shield >.<

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I just can't have any of the little, red exclamation marks on my screen, lol. I have to instantly get rid of them. Sometimes events drive me nuts with all their exclamation marks and me not being completely sure how to get rid of them.
I already know once my Bennett reaches C6 I will have to fuck him up just to get rid of the exclamation mark. ;__;
I feel like I'm training myself to be ok with the red ! by not claiming my BP rewards til I hit level 50.

It's rough but at least with that I'll get a really good pop and all those sweet rewards.

There is no sweet pop when you c6 Bennett, unfortunately. :(

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Just when I 36* the abyss they change it up again :|

Got up to 35* this time but I need to shave 40 seconds off my time somehow on the last chamber. I didn't bring a pyro char on the second team and spent most of the time trying to break the ice mage's shield >.<
Yeah I just finished abyss too and I feel like every chamber was less grueling than the previous rotation. Even with the backbreaking addition of Heralds and Lectors.

Except floor 12-3.
To go fast enough on that floor, you need to be able to group the enemies together while you hit them for efficiency but the abyss mages are shielded initially and then the Herald/Lector is shielded once you get the abyss mages out of the way. Alternating between damage mode and shield removal mode, it was rough trying to find the proper rhythm. My first few runs I was constantly 40 seconds to 1 minute off. Must've retried just that floor more than the rest of the abyss combined. And I was trying to shoehorn Venti and Sucrose into my usual team comps because the Swirl blessing is huge but it took some getting used to.

I also didn't bring a fire character so I had to find the right position to swirl the pyro mage onto the tornado. It's a big tornado so it's usually a solid gameplan but trying to run around baiting the mages to teleport was a bunch of trial and error.

12-3 Final Team
Diluc/Bennett(TF)/Diona/Sucrose
Ganyu/Venti/Zhongli/Chongyun

Diona instead of Xingqiu was a big dps loss but losing my bursts was a much bigger dps loss.
… I mean I could just git gud and properly dodge the attacks but after a bunch of tries, shielding let me play more imperfectly.

Chongyun I never use except to take down Water Lector's shield cause I don't know a faster way to shred it than Chong's ice field paired with Zhongli spear attacks.

Hmm.
I beat it with no seconds left. Wonder what I can do for team building to make this more manageable the next go around.

Last edited:

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm training myself to be ok with the red ! by not claiming my BP rewards til I hit level 50.

It's rough but at least with that I'll get a really good pop and all those sweet rewards.

There is no sweet pop when you c6 Bennett, unfortunately. :(
AH I SEE YOU ARE ANOTHER WAIT TIL LEVEL 50 FRIEND

the rest of these PEONS know nothing

we are BETTER THAN THEM

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Venti spending his birthday with the Traveller on the Golden Apple Islands:

E4BI_x_VcAQDwmb

By https://twitter.com/abbystea

Wishing best God the best birthday.

Lol, I was going to reply something fully agreeing with you, then I was reminded that there is currently another god existent. >__<°

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I was thinking about the thing with Lisa having her life cut short by half. I wonder if they'll explore that in the game eventually.

E27vrQLVIAQ0aPO

wccftech.com

Talking With miHoYo About Genshin Impact and How It's More Than Some Clone

At PAX East 2020, we dove into the deeper systems behind miHoYo's Genshin Impact with Jason Chaung ahead of the upcoming closed beta test.

Also, her Constelation is an hourglass and it's called Tempus Fugit (time flies).

latest

Mona talking about it:

About Lisa​
A Tempus Fugit... The constellation derives its name from the hourglass, and stands for knowledge and time — or rather, the trade-off between them. As each grain of sand falls down, a moment of time — of life, even, dies for good. To stop the unrelenting flow of sand, one would have to turn the hourglass on its side. But once the sand comes to rest, it remains motionless forever... Hmm, maybe 'becomes lazy' is more accurate than 'comes to rest,' in this case.​

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
61 more sea ganodermas and i'm ready to get kazuha to 90 with talents all at 7

don't have a weapon for him yet, though, anyone know what's gonna be good?

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking about the thing with Lisa having her life cut short by half. I wonder if they'll explore that in the game eventually.

E27vrQLVIAQ0aPO

wccftech.com

At PAX East 2020, we dove into the deeper systems behind miHoYo's Genshin Impact with Jason Chaung ahead of the upcoming closed beta test.

Also, her Constelation is an hourglass and it's called Tempus Fugit (time flies).

latest

Mona talking about it:

About Lisa​
A Tempus Fugit... The constellation derives its name from the hourglass, and stands for knowledge and time — or rather, the trade-off between them. As each grain of sand falls down, a moment of time — of life, even, dies for good. To stop the unrelenting flow of sand, one would have to turn the hourglass on its side. But once the sand comes to rest, it remains motionless forever... Hmm, maybe 'becomes lazy' is more accurate than 'comes to rest,' in this case.​

Oh no, that makes me sad. :( I didn't know that...

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
AH I SEE YOU ARE ANOTHER WAIT TIL LEVEL 50 FRIEND

the rest of these PEONS know nothing

we are BETTER THAN THEM
I'm not normally, but... I'm in mega saving mode for Kazuha.

So I figure I'll pull on his banner once my BP hits level 50. It's real hard to ignore the red ! but I'm gonna do it!

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not normally, but... I'm in mega saving mode for Kazuha.

So I figure I'll pull on his banner once my BP hits level 50. It's real hard to ignore the red ! but I'm gonna do it!
solidarity 😔

i have no reason for doing it other than "why not i guess" lol... it'll be fun to get all those huge numbers once i get there tho

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
This event has been alot of fun. Its just great seeing characters interact. Maybe the Liyue crew could learn something.

E27vrQLVIAQ0aPO

wccftech.com

latest

Mona talking about it:

About Lisa​

Finally a way to get rid of Lisa

Liv

Teyvat Traveler
Aug 20, 2019
Abyss first pass cleared with 32*
I expect I can easily get 35* with tweaking my teams, only 12-3 I have absolutely no idea how I'm gonna clear both sides fast enough for the 3 stars.

Oct 27, 2017
The Abyss is unfun unless you have a good DPS hero. Klee, Ganyu, Xiao, Diluc, Hu Tau... If you got unlucky into Mona/Qiqi/Jean/Keqing/Albedo/Childe drops, then the game is just unfair with shields. All combat benefits from ease of play having heroes who can come-in and start hitting hard without setups, ults or complex inputs.

Still not sure what to make of Eula, seems like she is ok, and I am starting to have too many "ok" heroes.

You get a frowny face for sharing youtuber sewage! And of course, the video is forever long milking literally couple changes and one infographic.

My Genshin Leaks discord feed says that Lumine's skin got small value buffs at C4 and C6... whale-bait.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This was the easiest Abyss ever.
Wow 11 and 12 were cakewalks compared to before.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Ended up clearing the abyss with 34* with no trouble. Will probably have to rethink how I take 12-3 to get to 36 but the abyss being fun again and not hard countering my teams is a welcome change of pace. Also have to say I'm really enjoying the fun and new ways Mihoyo is making Venti somehow more and more broken as the patch goes on.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

E27vrQLVIAQ0aPO

wccftech.com

latest

Mona talking about it:

About Lisa​

Well that's depressing.

I'm assuming as time goes by and the story progresses we won't actually see people die off as it wouldn't make any sense if we pulled that character nor would it be fair if they just deleted them from the game. lol

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably missing some obvious stuff, but are there other examples of people knowing magic without a vision? That quote says the book gave her powers, and nothing about a vision. (Obviously there's plenty of supernatural shit in the world.)

EDIT: fucking lol, what about shit like shamans and abyss mages and whatnot. I'm dumb.

So how does that work? They simply just remove them from your crew? Seems kinda unfair if you spent money to pull them.

I can't imagine this would happen often enough to matter, though.
Ha no you can still play 'em. They're just outta the story.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
I breezed to 35* and it took me all afternoon to figure out a team and strategy for the last star because of the dumb shields.

Finally managed it with Xiao/Zhongli/Jean/Bennett and Ganyu/Diona/Venti/Xiangling.

Jean+Bennett shreds the electro shield easily, I might try subbing Chongyun into my second team to see if it helps my clear time.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda wish the islands weren't time-limited. There's just so much to explore and its so much fun.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
Urgh. Going to have to redo floor 10 because I've never fought the cryo hypostasis before and you can't learn a fight on a timer.

Oct 27, 2017
Kazuha looks very strong as the Anemo Support at C0, higher values than Venti, but constellations change him quite a lot:

C2 unlocks the "real" support potential boosting EM
C4 will compensate for not having Venti's per-level ER
C6 turns him into DPS: Anemo auto-attacks and if you build 300EM + free 200EM at C2, +100% ATK

I think he will be better than Venti. And because I have burried Aether long-time ago, he wouldn't even look like a skin in my party.

Status
Not open for further replies.