Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Hit AR 55 today! Then I used the adventure reward standard fate since I was one roll away from a 4-star pity, about 60 rolls into the banner.

Genshin-Impact-Mona-Quest-1280x720.jpg

Glad to have another water and dps support unit! What artifacts do people use for her? 2pc Nobless + Hydro?

edit: Monas ascension fate just gave me c5 Ninnguang too! No clue when I'll get around to using her. The next OT should be something like More Characters, more problems.

Last edited:

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Also this is me at AR49 having spent £26.99.

1Zkm6kC.png

Ningguang is max constellation
Fischl C2
Barb C3
Traveller C6
Beidou C2

Official main party members are starred with the rest being support personnel, groupies etc

Wish I could refund those 18 levels I spent on Amber.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Btw how do people have so few characters at max level? I know it's not worth it for supports for example, but I still like to see my most used characters being maxed out (well I now stop at 89 so XP from battles doesn't get wasted, even if it will take months to hit 90 lmao). It's obviously expensive and takes a lot of resources, but I prefer it over artifact farming, because I know that the resin spent will directly translate to progress, while that is only partially the case on artifact domain runs. Apart from perhaps my Keqing, I never went for the "perfect" artifact set, so as soon as I have all the main stats that I want and somewhat decent sub-stats, I run with it and do other stuff with my resin.

People not buying BP have a quarter of the XP books of the BP buyers. And some people (like I did) can farm for a couple of weeks before they even sniff a piece with the right main stat (Cryo Goblet with Crit Damage) let alone main plus decent substats. Then that piece will roll 3 times into flat DEF and you cry.

Glad to have another water and dps support unit! What artifacts do people use for her? 2pc Nobless + Hydro?

For Mona pick between 2pc/4pc versions of Hydro/Wanderer's/Noblesse. Generally 2pc Wanderer's + 2pc Noblesse if you are running Vaporise teams (which you probably should with Mona)

Shirosaki

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hit AR 55 today! Then I used the adventure reward standard fate since I was one roll away from a 4-star pity, about 60 rolls into the banner.

Genshin-Impact-Mona-Quest-1280x720.jpg

edit: Monas ascension fate just gave me c5 Ninnguang too! No clue when I'll get around to using her. The next OT should be something like More Characters, more problems.
Triple congrats! Should be a good water unit for you there!

Oct 27, 2017
At first I thought that the 3* lootbox items were just filler, and something else is going to land in them too. Now, I think it will forever be a useless tier with no value for people above AR20.

I farmed Gladiator Chains today, thinking I should ascend my Favonius weapons, but it turns out that I had a lot them and no Mora/Enchancement materials. I thought I was being smart not farming Artifacts for the long time, but everything I saved just evaporated. Cant even imagine what sort of hobo resource-banks you all have since most people here are insane to grind artifacts.

I have so many boss materials and no books/gold to upgrade any talents with them. I want to pump Xiao into LVL8 talents.

Fuck me I will have to buy the BP this time... It is not about the money, it is the idea that I pay about €18/month for the game that give me half a 5* item at best.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I have such bad luck with Xiao's artifacts.

tenor.gif

For a while now it was was so bad that it was actually funny, at this point it's just bad again and aggravating. Where have all the decent Viridescent set pieces gone?!

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I did the domain for Diluc's artifacts for the first time and got 3 5* in a single try!
Of the wrong set!

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Yes, I understand how level and stats work for breaking shields, but I don't have a cryo character built out, and that is something I have been slowly working towards. I recently got a Xingqui so now I am getting a bit more interested into getting possibly a freeze comp running in the future as well. So I am really wondering who will break the shields fastest, because the investment part is mostly handled - they are both at 50/60 and I have plenty of gems and a good NO set. I would not mind getting either to 60 if that talent unlock helps the cause. I also have a sac sword and a sac great sword so I think either of these is fine. I also have a QiQi I just pulled in place of Ganyu but if she isn't great at breaking shields I don't think I will bring her along. Since we are getting a +75% DMG cryo buff for floor 11 I don't mind paying the char a bit of attention.

Good point, I was thinking that my team one would be Razor, Fischl, Chongyun and Jean but Chongyun will screw up Razor's attacks so possibly I better invest in Kaeya instead. Or maybe just rework my team so I can keep Chongyun. I could have him with Ningguang, Zhongli and Bennet I suppose and run team two as Jean, Sucrose, Razor and Fischl.

I have had better results with a team like Razor, Fischl and two cryo units, usually Dionna (60/70) and Qiqi(60/70) with sac weapons and now days Ganyu, unless I could fit a Bennett or Zohngli in there instead of putting them in the other team.
The bonus 15% cr.r to enemies affected by cryo from cryo resonance is very good and being able to use one character switch both for healing and cryo application enables Razor to have more time on the field.
Qiqi's skill is really good for Razor because it lasts a long time and you keep applying cryo for 15 seconds while you are in Razor's burst and it also heals you. The only problem is sac sword not proccing and having to leave her in the field a bit longer but the other cryo character makes this unnecessary.

edit: Obviously that team would not be taking advantage of the cryo resonance when Razor's burst is active unless you have both Diona's burst and Qiqis skill active.

Last edited:

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
My gacha luck is bananas bad :(

Note: I've only spent a total of $10 on this game (two Welkin passes) so take that for what it's worth. I also took a decently long break from playing from a few weeks after launch til December, so I missed daily primos and any other events that happened.

Edit: I do have two Skyward Pride greatswords, which is pretty good and helps my Noelle and Diluc a lot, but that's it as far as 5* weapons go.

I guess I'm glad I haven't spent more money on the game considering this list, and I'm very fortunate to have Diluc and Ning for good DPS carries, but what I wouldn't give for some better luck with pulls :p

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
New official comic page:

EtmVx6NXUAA2GV1

Actually playing the game Kaeya doesn't praise me at all, he's instead often calling me a slacker when I stand stil for just a second.

giphy.gif

But he only does that, because he now cares, I am sure!

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
My gacha luck is bananas bad :(

Note: I've only spent a total of $10 on this game (two Welkin passes) so take that for what it's worth. I also took a decently long break from playing from a few weeks after launch til December, so I missed daily primos and any other events that happened.

Edit: I do have two Skyward Pride greatswords, which is pretty good and helps my Noelle and Diluc a lot, but that's it as far as 5* weapons go.

I guess I'm glad I haven't spent more money on the game considering this list, and I'm very fortunate to have Diluc and Ning for good DPS carries, but what I wouldn't give for some better luck with pulls :p
Hmm, what are you disappointed by? Four-ish 5*s seems right on par for a F2P account considering you said you missed a few weeks, and you purposely chose the weapon banner and got a decent weapon in there as well.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Last edited:

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
Hmm, what are you disappointed by? Four-ish 5*s seems right on par for a F2P account considering you said you missed a few weeks, and you purposely chose the weapon banner and got a decent weapon in there as well.
I've never chosen the weapon banner which I guess makes those two 5* greatswords more lucky. I got them and Diluc from the Standard Wish banner, which I had spent most of my primos on before realizing it wasn't a great idea.

I'm not really complaining considering it could be MUCH worse, I'm just salty I don't have more cool shiny 5* characters, haha.

Gotta spend more time and money if I want those though!

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
why is remaining challenge time in minutes and the award in seconds

and why do I have to look in two different areas of the screen to compare lmao fix this

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
My gang:

teamllkaa.png

I've gotten Welkin and BP every month + spent €50 on Crystals around launch. Overall, I feel pretty lucky. Kinda bummed that Jean, Mona and Keqing haven't shown up at all yet, but I guess that's 3 more characters to look forward to hopefully getting at some stage. Qiqi is rocking Aquila Favonia and Zhongli has Jade spear.

I feel Xingqiu, Diluc, Fischl and Qiqi is my strongest team and absolutely melts everything at AR54. Haven't dabbled into Bennet much yet, but I'm warming to the idea. Open to any team comp suggestions!

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
My updated character roster with constellations, since everybody else did also add them:

mmarwby0vtrm021zg.jpg

I spent 30 bucks in the game and played since day one.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Sucrose is seriously undervalued. She can do some amazing damage and a great team enabler as well as grouper.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, Jean's meant to be great with Venti! And don't be mean to Qiqi...

I wouldn't hate them if they didn't take the spots from the potential useful 5*. This is why they are bad, Jean and Qiqi are trully 4.5* at best, festering in the lootboxes pushing Diluc or Mona out of reach. And they receiving their constellations ruins the entire day. If they were 4*, great, strong 4* heroes. For 5*... not enough, despite being cosmetically looking and acting cool.

And I don't know... I can do Abyss 9* literally ignoring the buffs and just brute-forcing without any monthly or chamber-based buffs.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
you have very good luck

I realized that first today when comparing to others that spent hundreds or even thousands on the game and are not that far ahead. I honestly thought I had mediocre luck so far. I mostly ignore the gacha and just save up for the pity, often over a month, and then dump everything at once on a specific character promo banner. Characters like Jean or Diluc were surprise single pulls on the standard banner that the game gave me for free though.

Last edited:

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I wouldn't hate them if they didn't take the spots from the potential useful 5*. This is why they are bad, Jean and Qiqi are trully 4.5* at best, festering in the lootboxes pushing Diluc or Mona out of reach. And they receiving their constellations ruins the entire day. If they were 4*, great, strong 4* heroes. For 5*... not enough, despite being cosmetically looking and acting cool.

And I don't know... I can do Abyss 9* literally ignoring the buffs and just brute-forcing without any monthly or chamber-based buffs.
Jean would excel even more as a support with her constellations, she already has cleanse and healing in her kit, that's why she's one of a couple off-banner 5* whose dupes I wouldn't mind getting. I just need to get her first, however. I'd rather have a C0 Mona and a C2 Jean than other way around, for instance.

Qiqi's utility isn't all that great at current end-game... I concede. She's also not BiS in any comps that I'm aware of, but I think she's adorable, so she gets a pass.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
At first I thought that the 3* lootbox items were just filler, and something else is going to land in them too. Now, I think it will forever be a useless tier with no value for people above AR20.

I farmed Gladiator Chains today, thinking I should ascend my Favonius weapons, but it turns out that I had a lot them and no Mora/Enchancement materials. I thought I was being smart not farming Artifacts for the long time, but everything I saved just evaporated. Cant even imagine what sort of hobo resource-banks you all have since most people here are insane to grind artifacts.

I have so many boss materials and no books/gold to upgrade any talents with them. I want to pump Xiao into LVL8 talents.

Fuck me I will have to buy the BP this time... It is not about the money, it is the idea that I pay about €18/month for the game that give me half a 5* item at best.
The amount of time I put into this game, I feel like an idiot if I DON'T buy the $10 battle pass every month. The sheer amount of resources you get from it are crucial to keeping up with leveling my shit. So I feel your pain in feeling like ya need it. We do need it. Lol

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021
I realized that first today when comparing to others that spent hundreds or even thousands on the game and are not that far ahead. I honestly thought I had mediocre luck so far. I mostly ignore the gacha and just save up for the pity, often over a month, and then dump everything at once on a specific character promo banner. Characters like Jean or Diluc were surprise single pulls on the standard banner that the game gave me for free though.

I would say extraordinarily lucky. For comparison, I consider myself pretty lucky in the gacha. I've put $95 total in on the GaaS stuff (Welkin, BP) plus the $30 and $5 packs. That got me:

(Actually I just realized Benny is C2, sorry)

Plus one 5* weapon, the Jade spear. I've had multiple off-pity 5's and have won the 50/50 thrice in a row.

It's interesting to see how others have built/responded to their gambling luck, keep it up gang (if you're up to it, of course).

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
OK here's my reckoning:
kDmHwzY.jpg

I have never pulled on a weapon banner, the Jade Spear was a random standard pull and the reason I went for Xiao
I have got the Welkins and BP, but I'm gonna stop the BP as I don't want the greatsword and I have the rest
I got the bunch of the crystals when the game launched before I realised the stuff about how the banners work and how much of a waste I'd made
46.46 (Crystals) + 53.92 (Welkins + BP) = 100.88... ouch
I'm a lesson in why you shouldn't spend because nothing I have is particularly better than your average f2p+welkins

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Even with crap artifacts (one purple, one just blue, terrible sub stats and all below level 10) my Xiao does amazing damage. Using his skill once is about 5K non-crit damage and in burst mode as a pogo stick he hits each time for about 8K non-crit damage and he can do that like 10 times?

flYgwyj.png

This is the Childe Support thread!

Just thought I'd be helpful and point that out in case anybody didn't see it on the pic.

tumblr_mf6uquXfQ31r394oho1_500.gif

Twig

Oct 25, 2017

As someone who loves Qiqi and hates Jean... They are not in the same bucket at all. Jean is good, just boring to play. Qiqi should be boring to play but I like her a lot anyway, I can't explain it.

If anything, Qiqi is a four star, basically Noelle-but-better. She heals with her skill, a little slowly, AND her burst is just WHEW LADS, it'll heal anyone up to max in seconds. Plus her second passive lets you get a free (shorter) mark on the enemy just by attacking a few times, making it occasionally completely free to heal someone up.

Noelle can dish out more damage but will always heal slower.

Jean is still wayyy better than them.

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
EtpOMawWgAABecU

Here's mines
Diluc at C1
Bennett C1
Beidou C6
Ningguang C1
Fischl C6
Diona C2
Chongyun C3
Xingqiu C4
Barbara C2
Xiangling C5
Kaeya C1
Noelle C3
Amber C3
Sucrose C4
Xinyan C1

The rest are C0. I definitely need to start working on Sucrose. But I gotta level up my other supports first.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Another Jean appreciation post. She's just so strong. She can quickly group enemies together, launch them into the air for massive damage (that scales with their HP so you don't even need big investment for stuff like 50k hits with just her E, she trivializes cicin mages and fatui agents), heals the whole party even if they're not on the field and then keeps healing the one on the field even more and gives constant swirls for a long time, and her hold attack can stun enemies for a bit too
Truly a queen

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just felt charitable and gave away two brown photos to friends.

FeistyPeacefulAcouchi-size_restricted.gif

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Another Jean appreciation post. She's just so strong. She can quickly group enemies together, launch them into the air for massive damage (that scales with their HP so you don't even need big investment for stuff like 50k hits with just her E, she trivializes cicin mages and fatui agents), heals the whole party even if they're not on the field and then keeps healing the one on the field even more and gives constant swirls for a long time, and her hold attack can stun enemies for a bit too
Truly a queen
I want her so badly 😭

I hope with the rumored Mondstad event has the Venti rerun and a solo Jean banner.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I been thinking about Xiao / Hu Tao / Ayaka (since they're the characters we know are coming and have some data).

Hu Tao seems to be a sort of sub DPS character, she can boost her ATK up to 400% her base ATK (a measly 106 ATK at level 90) with her Elemental skill, which brings it to 500~, but the skill has a duration of 9 seconds and a CD of 16 seconds, so almost half of the time you're running around with basically no ATK which rules her out of main DPS role IMO.

Her Burst is a hefty 500% damage at lvl 6 plus a 33% pyro damage bonus while your HP is lower than 50% or 400% with no pyro bonus if her HP is higher, that means she'll not pair well with Bennet since his heal is very fast, you want to use that burst while being at less than half HP. Other than that, she has potential to deal the biggest burst damage in the game with her Elemental skill ATK buff and her Burst at less than 50% HP, but it requires a bit of setup.

Ayaka looks she'll be good dps from what we know, both of her skills are simple damage skills without any gimmick, short cooldowns and good damage, she looks like a Cryo Diluc with a sword instead of a Claymore and since Cryo is a good element for reactions that already does a lot. If she doesn't change on release (Xiao didn't change too much besides fine tunning, so no reason to believe she will be any different) she'll be pretty solid.

Xiao on paper looks like he'd be on the higher end of the DPS pyramid, very high (highest?) base ATK, very good damage on his combo, good % damage on his Elemental skill on a relatively short cooldown with 2 charges and his Burst is a flat %DMG increase with a 15 second duration on a 18 second cooldown and allows you to jump higher than normal letting you do plunging attacks, Xiao's plunging attacks have higher damage than other characters, about 300% damage at lvl 6.

There are dome downsides though, his burst costs 70 energy and he can't generate much energy by himself, so there will be times where you are running around without his burst active and that plummets his damage compared to more consistent characters. Doing plunges puts him on a very vulnerable state, you can't dodge while doing plunges and can get knocked off while jumping. Some enemies move around quite a bit or back away, so they can get outside of the plunge AoE, and lastly, he's Anemo, his burst changes his element to Anemo damage and can't be overridden by other skills, that means no VV 4x piece bonus for him as you can't trigger swirl with Anemo.

About Ganyu, many people called her Cryo amber (myself included) but I think it's mostly because nobody realized the absurly high % damage on her charged attacks, if it was for her skills she would be good enabler for melt/freeze teams and that's it, but her charged attack is ridiculous at an almost 500% Cryo damage at level 6, let that sink in, she's doing an elemental burst tier of damage per charge attack. Having to charge and aim leaves you quite vulnerable but her Elemental skill being a taunt helps a lot with that, no to mention that she can fire at range and Cryo has a 2x multiplier when triggering melt. It kind of worries me that she got released like that, if more characters like her come out many of the "balanced" ones are going to be power-creeped. badly.

And with that, I'm still not decided on whether to pull on Xiao or not, having his spear lying around doesn't make it easy lol. plus I have 0 interest on the featured 4* characters.

BMO=GOAT

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone on a psn account on NA server need ultramarine or pale gold photos? I need like 1 purple and orcher to trade 😭

Oct 27, 2017
Truly a queen

She is amazing and her E is probably one of the most fun skills in the game. I lucked out and pulled an Aquila Favonia for her which is the only 5* weapon I've got.

Kierric

Teyvat Traveler
May 3, 2020
I have never seen a 5 star energy recharge time piece. I don't particularly want one or anything, I'm just contemplating whether or not they exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.