Nov 17, 2017
But it isn't. You're just being dramatic to force a point is my argument. Unless you mean literally then yes the 3DS you played the game on was in your face.
I think you may need to step back and see who's being dramatic, Bobo Dakes. "In your face" is a figure of speech. It does not mean literally in your face. Obviously what I meant was that the nostalgic fanservice for Gen 1 in the last 5 or so years has been frequent and very apparent.

I don't think the Gen 1 nostalgia overload has ruined the games or anything. I don't throw my 3DS whenever the word "Kanto" is uttered. The fact is though it has been very noticeable to me and I'm just kind of... burnt out on it? I like Gen 1, Pokemon Red and Blue where like one of the first video games I can actually remember playing. A huge chunk of my favorite Pokemon are Gen 1 Pokemon. I just am getting tired of it getting pushed all the time and would like to see even a little less of it and more love to other Gens or really just letting new Gens stand on their own. I hope that isn't too dramatic for you.

EDIT: And I also just want to point out that my post is, in fact, the 151st post in this thread. DAMN THAT GEN 1 PANDERING! WILL IT EVER END?!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh no, I have to battle Red and Green.
Explain how that is a bad thing. I want to hear how that's a bad thing in addition to the other characters from other gens they brought back in that section.

No real issues with that one, really more nitpicks to it like could we get remixed themes for the other region trainers.

But Team Rainbow Rocket on the other-hand mixes up the cool Team Admin fights with Rocket Grunt Padding inbetween. Where you have to fight really weak Rocket Grunts as you navigate through their traps. They also actually run out of pokemon for Team Rocket to use so they start repeating what they use,

"Yeah the trainer just beat Cyrus and his Palkia, what challenge should we throw in the trainers way before they reach Lysandre?"

ig0DV63.png

"Eh, give them the Rocket grunt with the Fourth Arbok they've had to face in the Tower, and just give it Spite just to waste their time"

If they didn't want to up the difficulty to make this more than just padding, they could have made it visually more interesting like say, making it a Team Flare Grunt instead? Would make the padding a little less obvious.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
... I have a sneaking suspicion that Gen1 will always be the most popular generation.

Not like I'm not guilty of it too.

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
If only a game could do the "Fight Classic Trainers" stuff without it looking like blatant gen 1 nostalgia Pandering

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

But nah, why keep doing a Pokemon World Tournament where you face all time classics?

Fighting Red once is enough.

Nov 17, 2017
I did like fighting Red and Gary (yes, I know) in Sun and Moon but I honestly would be over the moon if they let you fight some player characters from other gens. Like if Hilbert/Hilda showed up in a new game, I would be surprised and really excited about it. If Red showed up again in a new game, it'd be cool, I guess. But we've had the Red fight so many times in the series at this point that it has lost its luster.

That's how I feel about Gen 1 nostalgia in a nutshell. I like Gen 1 and at one point Gen 1 nostalgia was exciting but now it's just kind of old? I expect it when it comes. It's like when Sonic uses Green Hill Zone. The first couple of times it was like "Whoa! Green Hill Zone! Look at the checkerboard hills and totem poles! Wow!" then it eventually was like "and there's Green Hill Zone again."

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
If only a game could do the "Fight Classic Trainers" stuff without it looking like blatant gen 1 nostalgia Pandering

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

But nah, why keep doing a Pokemon World Tournament where you face all time classics?

I do wish they would do another tournament like that.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Right? It might be the most misleading thread title I've seen in a long time. Provides one extremely niche, random example that's:

a) Just some promotional art from a movie not even out yet, and
b) Not even from one of the games

And then makes a thread stating all Gen1 Pokemon look like Digimon? What?

Yeah. The OP's title is pure clickbait.

>Gen 1 pokemon look like Digimon.
>Well...just this one...in this one picture...in this movie...that is a remake...

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Yeah. The OP's title is pure clickbait.

>Gen 1 pokemon look like Digimon.
>Well...just this one...in this one picture...in this movie...that is a remake...

I can´t believe how many people are not getting the irony.

Guess I´ll have to explain the joke: "Gen X Pokemon look like Digimon based on this 1 design that kinda validates my view" has been shitposted on Pokemon discussions for years.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I did like fighting Red and Gary (yes, I know) in Sun and Moon but I honestly would be over the moon if they let you fight some player characters from other gens. Like if Hilbert/Hilda showed up in a new game, I would be surprised and really excited about it. If Red showed up again in a new game, it'd be cool, I guess. But we've had the Red fight so many times in the series at this point that it has lost its luster.

That's how I feel about Gen 1 nostalgia in a nutshell. I like Gen 1 and at one point Gen 1 nostalgia was exciting but now it's just kind of old? I expect it when it comes. It's like when Sonic uses Green Hill Zone. The first couple of times it was like "Whoa! Green Hill Zone! Look at the checkerboard hills and totem poles! Wow!" then it eventually was like "and there's Green Hill Zone again."

Pretty much why I bought up Mario earlier.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So talking about Gen I in a Gen I thread is trolling now?

Okay.

No, talking about Gen I is fine. You in particular are being petty and abrasive to anyone and everyone. You keep posting memes and mocking anyone who has an issue than at the same time pretend your skin is the thickest. It's hypocritical and and clear effort to troll the thread and make it all about you and your smugness over your love for Gen I and rubbing it in everyone's face.

Absent Breeze

Oct 25, 2017
I can´t believe how many people are not getting the irony.

Guess I´ll have to explain the joke: "Gen X Pokemon look like Digimon based on this 1 design that kinda validates my view" has been shitposted on Pokemon discussions for years.
Feels kinda weird though considering most people saying that are usually referencing how they dislike more modern designs of pokemon. Then Pkmn company does a modern redesign of mewtwo and it end up looking like....this thing? It could almost be used as a supporting evidence for those people who do say that lol.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I haven't any particular opinion on how the 3DS games had too many of the original 151 (honestly I appreciated the way they mixed it up in Sun and Moon quite a lot) but I do find myself frustrated that we still don't have a mega jumpfluff or stantler-exclusive z-moves.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

hqdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Wait how is this Gen 1 pandering if you're also fighting Steven from Gen 3?

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
What is this nonsense?

Is that what the American version had? I feel so sorry.

Yup, thank god we got the original japanese themes in europe. America did the same to dragon ball, I dont know whats their beed with japanese ost.

I still remember watching digimon here, then after it there was always some digimon toy commercials that used the aerican music and I remeber saying "what the fuck is that shitty music" lol
That and the Angela Anaconda shit short before the movie (TF were they thinking with that), I think it used also the american themes, yuck.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's annoying how some people go all "b-but Muk", "but Kanto sucks too" if you say you don't like the Vanillite or Trubbish' lines lol. I hate Kanto pandering and I really like Gen 5 but I'm never going to like that stupid ice cone

PaperSparrow

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Only X-Antibody Digimon ever get that messy. I couldn't even tell what I was looking at for half a second.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't even tell what that was until I read the OP. I still can't tell what I'm looking at though. I can only make out the face and legs.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Unless they went back in time and put that on RBY i really dont get all the "LOL ITS ACTUALLY THE GEN 1 POKEMON THAT LOOK LIKE DIGIMON LMAO" comments

Actualy i do, but i'd rather not believe in such a petty explanation

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
... I have a sneaking suspicion that Gen1 will always be the most popular generation.

Not like I'm not guilty of it too.
I mean, depends what you mean. If you mean most popular within a mainstream consciousness, then yeah. They've been around longer and they had the benefit of the "90s Pokemon Boom". If you mean within the Pokemon fandom, I don't think Gen I has been the most popular there for a long time.

It's annoying how some people go all "b-but Muk", "but Kanto sucks too" if you say you don't like the Vanillite or Trubbish' lines lol. I hate Kanto pandering and I really like Gen 5 but I'm never going to like that stupid ice cone
We cannot help your poor taste in good ice cream.

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this going to be a near 1:1 remake of the original anyway? As in Mewtwo is going to wear this for literally a minute before he breaks out of it anyway?

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
LMAO that's a fucking terrible design for armored Mewtwo. The previous one was so much better, why did decide to give him some random shit? It doesn't even look like armor.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

It doesn't help that Vanillite/Trubbish aren't hated on their own, but as a reason to generalize why a generation blows as a whole.