mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I think you have to send these four to do their own thing. Set them up as a "west coast seven" or "Atlanta/Southern Seven" with a couple new characters. Have them in reality trying to find Sam and Cate because homelander is protecting them.

However, I think the next time we see any of these characters is we see Cate on Season 5 of the boys
Season 4 you mean? But that would be weird if the 4 labeled as the people responsible for the God U killings suddenly be out again unless Ashley and co. basically reveals they were the good guys which might be the case but all social media and recordings were jammed during the fight right? They showed how no one could get a signal out.

West coast Avengers style or West coast God U would shake things up, of course Sam and Cate might get involved.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 you mean? But that would be weird if the 4 labeled as the people responsible for the God U killings suddenly be out again unless Ashley and co. basically reveals they were the good guys which might be the case but all social media and recordings were jammed during the fight right? They showed how no one could get a signal out.

West coast Avengers style or West coast God U would shake things up, of course Sam and Cate might get involved.
Yes I mean season 4.

But yeah something needs to keep Gen V different and not just "younger the Boys"

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
The last two episodes were a let down. Thought they were building up to something, but nope. The gore just for gore sake was lame.

Not even interested in what happens next.

ravn0s

"This guy are sick"
Oct 29, 2017
I keep wondering what will be used to neutralize Homelander eventually. Now I think we can say we have two more potential options:
The poison that Neumann has, and Cate's powers getting stronger and possibly turned on Homelander

Or Marie develops the ability to strip Compound V from supes' bodies. She can already sense Compund V, so with a little bloodbending we could have a powerless Homelander.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
Frankly, I felt the end of the season disappointed with it feeling more like a stealth The Boys Season 4 Part 1 than anything. So much time spent on the virus plotline with the resolution being "watch The Boys"

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly, I felt the end of the season disappointed with it feeling more like a stealth The Boys Season 4 Part 1 than anything. So much time spent on the virus plotline with the resolution being "watch The Boys"

i guess the flip of that is, if the timeline occurring real time along with The Boys, you really can't ignore it unless unless it's low stakes college drama or whatever

Oct 27, 2017
Homelander can regulate his laser when he wants too,all depends if he wanted to kill her or not
The direct implication from Andre's "you tanked that" is supposed to narratively imply that her powers protected her somewhat.

If there is going to be a reveal later that Homelander purposefully made his lasers weaker in that moment, that reveal would be at least several months away in The Boys S4 at the earliest, for very limited pay-off/subversion. The entire season of Gen V has had multiple characters telling Marie she is WAY more powerful than she believes. So her surviving a blast from Homelander is much more in line with that plot thread.

Also, I can't remember a time where Homelander "stunned" a Human or Supe with no enhanced invulnerability. There's no real other way to read the scene other than Marie's powers reflexively helped. Speculation: Probably hardened the blood right below her skin to create armor.

Art_3

Banned
Aug 30, 2022
Also, I can't remember a time where Homelander "stunned" a Human or Supe with no enhanced invulnerability.
Well i'm basing this on his sex scene with Stomfront.He used his laser on her chest and he only damaged her skin in a superficial way.
Later Homelander's son blasts his lasers on Stormfront without holding back and he burns her to a crisp.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I think Homelander was just told to stop Marie, rather than outright kill her. I doubt Marie is able to actually survive a legit HL blast.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
We'll probably find out, but there's a half decent chance his stopping her was largely a performance.

FizzMino

Shinra Employee
Sep 15, 2022
Colorado, USA
I love how ominous Homelander is, as he came down I could feel my blood chill, you know when he shows up something absolutely horrible is likely to happen.

Guy is an amazing villain.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are we ever going to see Homelander out of his outfit lol

OP
OP
HeartlessNobody2134
May 10, 2018
Are we ever going to see Homelander out of his outfit lol
do-you-think-homelanders-suit-is-actually-padded-in-v0-ngsdgghp9dw91.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Honestly I assumed that Homelander didn't want to kill her himself but instead wanted to capture her and the others for his own yet spoken plans. I also believe that's why they think she tanked his blast because from their perspective they wouldn't know HL was controlling it's output not to kill her but rather knock her out. So to them her being knocked out when HL blasted her == damn she was able to survive that?! The rest went willingly because ultimately Marie was the only one who actually greviously injured a fellow suit as he arrived.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I assumed that Homelander didn't want to kill her himself but instead wanted to capture her and the others for his own yet spoken plans. I also believe that's why they think she tanked his blast because from their perspective they wouldn't know HL was controlling it's output not to kill her but rather knock her out. So to them her being knocked out when HL blasted her == damn she was able to survive that?! The rest went willingly because ultimately Marie was the only one who actually greviously injured a fellow suit as he arrived.
I think we know what HL is trying to do or setting up so why would he use the 4, especially after getting framed? Especially with the Seven and kinda Voight playing into his hands. All we know is the 4 are locked away, they are ok and not in a bad place per se. Plus Boys S4 will start days after the finale with the stinger and Billy at the Woods so it is likely all HL needs to help control the narrative for the upcoming election.

1-armed angry Cate is going to be a force to reckon with.

I don't really love the late in the overall story revelation that they have these ways to basically stop the supes powers though. Unless I am misremembering that is basically new?

Feels like a set up to S4 Boys although it was used here. It's just mostly the sonic tech unless you also mean the Virus. That is likely gonna used against HL possibly

Last edited:

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
1-armed angry Cate is going to be a force to reckon with.

I don't really love the late in the overall story revelation that they have these ways to basically stop the supes powers though. Unless I am misremembering that is basically new?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
I find it interesting that Marie is almost certainly more powerful than Neuman. Neuman seems to need a while to 'power up' her ability, it often isn't instant, and it shows when she uses her power as her eyes go grey. Marie can explode people much faster than we've seen and without the eye colour. Whilst Anton seems a weaker version of his father, Marie definitry seems to be souped up version.

Oct 27, 2017
Well i'm basing this on his sex scene with Stomfront.He used his laser on her chest and he only damaged her skin in a superficial way.
Later Homelander's son blasts his lasers on Stormfront without holding back and he burns her to a crisp.
Stormfront is shown to be incredibly strong and durable. I feel like S2 of The Boys really showed her to be just one peg below Homelander in terms of raw strength. Her taking his blast as BDSM just demonstrates that he could finally have sex with someone (almost) as strong as he is. Their whole relationship, and that sex scene, was about him finally cutting lose and not feeling the need to hold back, since he was with his own kind.

Ryan killing Stormfront, to me, demonstrated that Ryan, when he matures, is going to be WAY stronger than Homelander. Since he'd be the first Natural Born Supe.

So we actually have never seen Homelander try to attack someone, and "fail" outside of Stormfront, who still took damage.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Wait, people didn't like that episode? I thought it was great. Left me wanting S2 of Gen V rather than the boys mind you.

Also, is Starlight literally the least powerful mutant in the world?
Nah. She's very powerful if you think about it. Flight, energy manipulation, and she's very durable and almost as physically strong as Stormfront, Maeve, Kimiko. She's just another person that doesn't understand her own powers.

I want to see what Neuman does in Season 4. She's a mature version of Marie and Gen V shows that Neuman has been sandbagging. Probably because she wants to keep her daughter safe. She might be Homelander's biggest threat right now.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
yeah, I appreciated how it moved fast and broke things, but I also thought it wasted a lot of interesting characters and the setting. I think the actors are great, but I wasn't that interested in the plot/ mystery about the Woods or connecting with the Boys. Vought is bad, the university is up to no good, we know all that already and it's nothing we haven't seen before; the writing about the characters finding out about these things is good. Now it'll be very much part of the Boys and a cynical part of me is feeling that the main point of this spinoff is just to eventually continue the Boys with a cheaper younger cast.

I wouldn't be that cynical, the Boys doesn't work without Homelander and Butcher (and to some extent Hughie), like at all. This basically gives a completely different perspective which I appreciate, basically good hearted and as-yet-uncorrupted supes who are not just getting taken advantage of over and over (like Starlight and her ex boyfriend, who I think were the only like non horrific supes in the Boys).

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Finished the season and man I enjoyed this so much more than season 3. Actually has me pretty excited for S4 now.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Or Marie develops the ability to strip Compound V from supes' bodies. She can already sense Compund V, so with a little bloodbending we could have a powerless Homelander.

Honestly I think the best possible downfall for Homelander would be for him to lose his powers and have to go about life, facing the repercussions, as a fragile human.

FUNKNOWN iXi

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think the best possible downfall for Homelander would be for him to lose his powers and have to go about life, facing the repercussions, as a fragile human.
No doubt about it, that has to be the most entertaining way to handle defeating Homelander. I'd love to see what that's like lol.

Scarecrow

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So is Gen V worth watching? I liked the main Boys series. But season three was kind of losing me. Too much status quo/spinning its wheels. The ads I've seen for this spin off seem like more of the same. Does it do anything more than just super gore, twee humor?

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
So is Gen V worth watching? I liked the main Boys series. But season three was kind of losing me. Too much status quo/spinning its wheels. The ads I've seen for this spin off seem like more of the same. Does it do anything more than just super gore, twee humor?

Yes. It's a different dynamic. Watch the first episode and see if it's for you.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Binged all of it in 2 days, this show fucking ruled and I love this world they setup so much.

I want more.

Embiid

Banned
Feb 20, 2021
Bro I 100% guarantee you'll dig it if you liked The Boys. Imo there was only one bad episode out of the 8, and it wasn't terrible or anything, just whatever.