May 10, 2018
Gen V

Amazon Prime
September
29th - November 3rd

Amazon release schedule is 12:00AM UTC so the episodes should show up around 8PM EST/5PM PST on Thursday.

Similar to The Boys, there will be an initial 3 episode drop and then weekly from there.

Synopsis

Young adult superheroes, or "supes", are tested in battle royal challenges at the Godolkin University School of Crimefighting, run by Vought International.

Timeline
- Takes place between seasons 3 & 4 of The Boys

MV5BMGYxOWMxNjMtNjE3Mi00YTRjLTlkZWUtNDk4NzBkMWEyYWE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTUzMTg2ODkz._V1_FMjpg_UY10236_.jpg

MV5BYjc5MDA4NjQtNTFjYi00ZDMxLWIwODgtN2NjYjc1MjdmYzM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1080_.jpg

MV5BMTNhMzk1NmYtNGMyMC00NjU3LWI4NmItZTRhMjgyODk0Mzc0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY1MTU3NDY5._V1_FMjpg_UX1080_.jpg

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mmkLMXN_lpI&pp=ygUNZ2VuIHYgdHJhaWxlcg%3D%3D

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uhjJ5brX-bY&pp=ygUNZ2VuIHYgdHJhaWxlcg%3D%3D

Main Cast
  • Jaz Sinclair as Marie Moreau
    F64vBqbWgAAC3Ty
  • Chance Perdomo as Andre Anderson
    F64u--RWAAAsPPa
  • Lizze Broadway as Emma Meyer
    F64u_duXEAA1Xzo
  • Maddie Phillips as Cate Dunlap
    F64vAouXgAAc38Q
  • Derek Luh & London Thor as Jordan Li
    F64u_3gWgAA1kMV
    F64vARoXoAA-Qg6
  • Asa Germann as Sam
  • Shelly Conn as Indira Shetty
Supporting Cast
  • Patrick Schwarzenegger as Luke Riordan/Golden Boy
    F64vBEvWEAAuJYd
  • Sean Patrick Thomas as Polarity
  • Marco Pigossi as Dr. Edison Cardosa
  • Clancy Brown as Richard Brinkerhoff
  • Derek Wilson as Robert Vernon/Tek-Knight

Last edited:

DarthMasta

Feb 17, 2018
I have no idea how this will be able in any way to be anything but "More Boys", but I guess being "More Boys" isn't a bad thing all.

Jun 20, 2021
Can't wait. And much like Blue Beetle and One Piece, I wish these up and coming young actors were able to appear on late night shows to promote their projects, the AMPTP came to their senses last weekend, maybe they'll do the same on this soon.

OP
OP
HeartlessNobody2134
May 10, 2018
Any potential students interested in learning more about Godolkin U see the link below.

You can get a virtual tour of the campus, along with making your own student ID. Merch is also available.

www.godolkinuniversity.com

Godolkin University | Official Website: Campus

See why Godolkin University is a world-class campus with everything a superhero needs.

Last edited:

Trigger

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I'll keep an eye out. The Boys already feels like it's going in circles. Back t I like a lot of the actors listed here.

OP
OP
HeartlessNobody2134
May 10, 2018
Reviews dropping

variety.com

‘The Boys’ Avoids Franchise Fatigue With Gloriously Gory Spinoff ‘Gen V’: TV Review

The long-awaited spinoff of hit Amazon drama "The Boys" keeps the violence and cynicism while adding teen sincerity.

www.hollywoodreporter.com

‘Gen V’ Review: Amazon’s ‘The Boys’ Spinoff Refreshes the Snark-and-Gore Formula

The team behind the hit vigilante series shifts its focus from the corporate world to the campus, tracking the subversive, frequently gross adventures of new potential heroes at a superpowered university.

www.empireonline.com

Gen V: Season 1

The Boys goes to college in Amazon Prime Video's carnage-fueled spin-off. Read the Empire review.

www.gamespot.com

Gen V Review - The Boys' Gore And Cynicism, Now With More Compassion

The kids are alright (but the adults definitely aren't).

www.indiewire.com

‘Gen V’ Review: ‘The Boys’ Spinoff Series Is a Serviceable Extension with Room To Grow

"Gen V," Prime Video's satiric superhero spinoff of "The Boys," needn't settle for so many dick jokes with this much potential ready to mature.

www.ign.com

Gen V Episodes 1-3 Review - IGN

Amazon's The Boys spinoff is at the head of the class.

www.telegraph.co.uk

Gen V, review: this blood-spattered Hogwarts is not for the faint of heart

A spinoff of Amazon's superhero spoof The Boys, Gen V will introduce a new generation to razor-sharp satire – if they can handle the gore

www.nme.com

'Gen V' review: a super-powered spin-off from 'The Boys'

More potty-mouthed action awaits

www.thedailybeast.com

‘Gen V’ Is Just as Fun—With Just as Many Penises—as ‘The Boys’

The spinoff of Prime Video’s go-for-broke superhero series follows its tradition of trademark gore, perverse comedy, and sharp social comedy—as well its phallus obsession.

ew.com

'Gen V' review: 'The Boys' school spinoff should have more fun

'Gen V' review: 'The Boys' superhero school spinoff should have more fun

discussingfilm.net

'Gen V' Review - A Fresh Start on Familiar Ground

Gen V expands the world of The Boys in hilarious and fresh ways, solidifying it as a spin-off series that can stand on its own.

Last edited:

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Anybody else going to a prime premiere at their local movie theater for this? Apparently there will be free concessions and giveaways.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
"Battle royal" for something involving "young adults" is pretty overdone, but I'll give it a shot at least.

BlkSquirtle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The prime premiere was cool, the show definitely has the unexpectedness you associate with The Boys. We got a free soda, small popcorn, a Gen V poster and Gen V paper fan. I enjoyed the first two episodes a lot so I'm definitely tuning in for the show. The only downside was people making comments during the episode...I guess it's to be expected at a "fan event" but still a bit annoying.

Edit: I will say, I could not tell what Jordan Li's powers were in the show. Reading the baseball cards in this OP now definitely helped me understand more than the show ever did. Now certain things that happened in the show make more sense to me.

Last edited:

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Marie so far seems like her powers are kind of mediocre. She's essentially a telekinetic that has a blood requirement. Not sure if her powers end up being more faceted than that later on, or if they just chose this route for the gore factor.

Also, Patrick Schwarzenegger looks like he could be Michael Vartan's younger brother in this.

Puddi64

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 3, 2022
Just finished all 3 eps. Really enjoying this! It's basically just as good as The Boys imo.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
First two eps were fantastic, third was alright. Ultimately I'm impressed by a spinoff, it's borderline same quality as the main show.

Glad Luke got offed right away. I did not buy his actor as a golden boy jock

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Marie feels very flat to me despite her intro but considering each episode focuses on a character, she might get lost in the shuffle.

It's not bad, that one scene in Ep1 is shades of Termite

RedHeat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty good so far! The first half of the first episode seemed like one of those nonspecific superhero shows that pops up on Netflix, but it quickly becomes a lot better. The main criticisms I have though, is that it's getting a bit grating how everyone is a unrealisticly, deeply flawed, asshole. And outside of the crossover characters and such, it doesn't really feel like it takes place within the same world as The Boys. I'm sure people will appreciate that, but I wish it had a bit more grit and comicbook-y-ness.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
It's pretty good so far! The first half of the first episode seemed like one of those nonspecific superhero shows that pops up on Netflix, but it quickly becomes a lot better. The main criticisms I have though, is that it's getting a bit grating how everyone is a unrealisticly, deeply flawed, asshole. And outside of the crossover characters and such, it doesn't really feel like it takes place within the same world as The Boys. I'm sure people will appreciate that, but I wish it had a bit more grit and comicbook-y-ness.

I only seen the first 30 minutes so far and it feels pretty well set in the universe of the boys.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode, really enjoyed it.

Seems like it is fully a spinoff, but still can be tied into the boys down the line.

Question though, is this spinoff an original thing? Or is it based on part of the comic books?

OP
OP
HeartlessNobody2134
May 10, 2018
Watched the first episode, really enjoyed it.

Seems like it is fully a spinoff, but still can be tied into the boys down the line.

Question though, is this spinoff an original thing? Or is it based on part of the comic books?
It's based on a part of the comic book, but extremely loosely, similarly to how the main show has major differences to the comic.

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
Is this as disgusting as The Boys?

I liked it but I didn't even dare watch it with my wife around you know...

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
Only watched the first episode so far and my main complaint in the first half was going to be that licensed music plays almost nonstop, but thankfully it tapered off as the episode went on. Some of the powers are a bit on the nose as well, but otherwise decent enough for me to keep watching.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just started this and it hits all the fucking notes.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the cast and tone, but the overall mystery still hasn't hit. My drive to tune in next week for episode 4 is to see more of these characters, not to find out what happens next.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the first 3 episodes. Wasn't expecting to like the side characters more than Marie but at least it looks like she's finally getting more involved in the main plot now and not this retread of Superhero fame isn't what you think.

I have no idea how this is going to end for all of them.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Friggin' loved the first episode. Excited to watch the next two this weekend.