• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#NotMyGeminiMan

200.gif
My first and only thought.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Premise was great. Trailer looked like straight to DVD garbage. And reading about the frame rate, that's a hell no from me. First and last time I saw higher frame rate was on The Hobbit and it made a big budget fantasy look like like a cheap TV show.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I predict an onslaught of Hollywood movies using this new CG tech to de-age actors. Well look back in 20 years to this period as "the de-aging craze of the late 2010s, early 2020s". It'll be this generation's "Matrix ballet time".

Real

Oct 28, 2017
The soap opera effect on an action movie.

Ang Lee just there for the check clearing, huh?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
I just realised I haven't seen a Will Smith movie since I Am Legend. That was 2007!!!!?!?!?!??

Feels bad man, his ass used to be so beautiful...

EDIT: shit wait, I also saw Suicide Squad. Wiped it from my memory but Will's wiki page reminded me. :(

ArtVandelay

User requested permanent ban
Banned
May 29, 2018
I can't tell you how much I hate the soap opera effect. Looks so fake and sterile. And the music is absolutely terrible.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I admire Ang Lee for trying completely different genres every time, but not sure if this one is for me.

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The first movie that stars an actor who was dead before the script was ever conceived is going to be nuts

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently it's not de-aged Will Smith in the Captain Marvel/Samuel L way but a complete digital actor, which would explain some of the strangeness in appearance. So Will acting with a dude in a suit and then Will placed on top in post.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember Ang Lee was into the higher framerate or whatever it was but it just looks like someones go pro footage. Plot is like a Netflix film but who knows, 90s throwback might be fun.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Premise was great. Trailer looked like straight to DVD garbage. And reading about the frame rate, that's a hell no from me. First and last time I saw higher frame rate was on The Hobbit and it made a big budget fantasy look like like a cheap TV show.
Gemini Man is more grounded in reality so they shouldn't have the problem of people looking like they're larping.

The higher framerate also allows for faster movement in action sequences, since the objects won't be smeared across the screen. That was a huge plus in The Hobbit, so directors should consider 24fps for dramatic moments and 60+ for action sequences until general audiences get used to the higher framerates.

SaraNWrap

Alt account
Banned
Jan 30, 2019
I though it looked fine other than that very first side profile shot of Will, i'm in, looks fun

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Gemini Man |OT| Mr & Mr Smith

Not feeling this one, I am out.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Im gerting very strong looper vibes, and I liked looper, so another perspective of that setup is interesting.