• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
June 4 has what Jeff Grubb is teasing as a "Steamquisition"

I doubt they're connected but what if Steam Boxes are back and Sega is making one

This is just a bunch of EA games returning to Steam, potentially together with the Steam version of Origin Access. Presumably from the teases that includes Sims, and Dragon Age Inquisition
I suspect other Steam hardware / cloud announcements are at a later date

chivibowie

Feb 14, 2019
Is Atlus included in that number?
Nope, but Atlus sales were a little residual in comparison (361,300 software units) compared to Sega's "poor" numbers (631,854). Konami itself sold 740,978 software units, achieving a 3.32% share that same year.

Although adding what Sega + Atlus achieved, the numbers remain close to Capcom (which managed to sell 1,285,811 soft units with a share of 5.75%). With this fusion of numbers, the result improves a little, but there is room for improvement that would not be achieved if Sega signed an exclusive agreement with a third company.

Source https://sites.google.com/site/gamedatalibrary/games-by-year/2019-top-100

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
The June 4th Weekly Famitsu is out and Nishikawa's column is about Project Acoustics, the MS equivalent to Tempest 3D audio, so I've no idea what teh Sega connection is
Did he interview an executive and some tech people? There might be some ambiguity about when the issue is dated and when it's actually on stands.

Although a Famitsu writer referring to Microsoft as a game company everyone loves sounds like a lot of fun, lol.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
If it really is just Project Acoustics that's a pretty bizarre turn of events

also I just wanna point out how amazing the dude's streaming set-up is

sNxgZ1l.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The June 4th Weekly Famitsu is out and Nishikawa's column is about Project Acoustics, the MS equivalent to Tempest 3D audio, so I've no idea what teh Sega connection is
What do you mean it's out? This week's issue is the June 11th issue of Famitsu, last week's was June 4th. The OP is about the issue due June 4, so the one releasing on June 3 in Western time zones.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017

Suzuki Yu

Oct 25, 2017
Jeddah
What do you mean it's out? This week's issue is the June 11th issue of Famitsu, last week's was June 4th. The OP is about the issue due June 4, so the one releasing on June 3 in Western time zones.

It is, but the following poster claims the "scoop" in question is already out and is about the same subject as that article:

The issue releasing tomorrow is considered as the 11th of June issue.
The one teased here is due to release on the 4th of June. So the 18th of June issue.

It's confusing I know.

Shadow2222

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can people read more than a few posts up lol? It is not out yet, it is the issue coming out ON June 3/4

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
So if it's about Project Acoustics, what is the rundown of the new information?

Oh, it's not. Magazine issue dates just had people a bit confused. We're still waiting on an issue that releases on June 4th in Japan/the 3rd in the west. Coincidentally(?), the same day that Schreier is reporting Sony is having their PS5 event.

Apr 21, 2018
Nintendo, Sony don't need Sega since it's an expensive company which doesn't sell a lot of games... They are doing fine everywhere anyway.

Amazon, Apple, Microsoft, Apple or Google have the money but need a historical partner like Namco, Capcom or Sega for a huge partnership. (The single rumor of the Sega Stadia stuffs created more hype than 6 months of Stadia Studios announcements.)

Like Crassus with Cezar, they need a name with many exclusives.

Separately, most of Sega IPs are pretty weak except 10 or 15 names (not talking about quality but sells) but as whole the entire Sega library is HUGE, "a gold mine" covering every genre if someone Can secure a Real partnership.

What would be exciting ?

Asia for Sega.
West for Microsoft.
On system.
1000 Sega exclusives for Microsoft, millions bucks for Sega to drop the bombs.

Win, Win. X is dead in Asia,Sega needs money to produce Real AAA.

Love the thumbnail,lol.

Last edited:

Soundchaser

Oct 25, 2017
Different FPGA systems and price points have wildly variable capabilities. Intel's 40nm Stratix IV runs up to 600MHz.
Is this a theoretical number, or is it actually running circuits as complex as the SH4 at such a high clock rate? Last time I looked into this, it seemed that all reasonably-priced FPGAs couldn't run any CPU cores faster than ~100 MHz.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Is this a theoretical number, or is it actually running circuits as complex as the SH4 at such a high clock rate? Last time I looked into this, it seemed that all reasonably-priced FPGAs couldn't run any CPU cores faster than ~100 MHz.

That's the clock speed quoted for DSP-style designs, if I remember correctly. I'm not familiar enough with the SH4 to speculate how the propagation delays are likely to compare, but agree that price is an obvious constraint that could make it less practical.

Gwendly_

May 27, 2020
Bayonetta and Vanquish both got trophies added to PS4 today - meaning they should soon come out on that platform ; hopefully the 'huge scoop' isn't just that...

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
As a lifelong Sega and Xbox fan, and this shit hype event falling on my upcoming birthday;

I'm just going to expect nothing but my shih tzu dog waking me up by violently jumping on my testicles, then a day of pure disappointment. Maybe Sega Japan announcing vocaloids for the west. Maybe Phil Spencer simultaneously announcing a legendary hardware company acquisition with amazing IP, before showing off an Atari logo'd t-shirt. I also expect the case of budweiser I pick up to be flat.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
This is giving me Megaton vibes.

Anything less than a Dreamcast 3 add-on is going to lead to riots and chaos in every corner of the internet.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
After quitting hardware market, Sega is now quitting software one to become a silent monk deep in the japanese mountains.

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
FPGAs can't run at 200 MHz, the Dreamcast's CPU clock speed, as far as I know.
SH4s still get produced, and PowerVR is still around as a company. What if a Dreamcast Mini was just a Dreamcast made on more modern processes, and with some built-in flash for game storage?

Dreamcasts came with a modem originally, so why not throw in wifi and make an online store for more games and multiplayer?

Making it run Saturn code too might be a big ask, they'd have to make the CPU dual core and add in the audio and video chips from the Saturn afaik. Combining chips like that puts them in the realm of a real hardware company again, and that's well outside the typical mini scope.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a lifelong Sega and Xbox fan, and this shit hype event falling on my upcoming birthday;

I'm just going to expect nothing but my shih tzu dog waking me up by violently jumping on my testicles, then a day of pure disappointment. Maybe Sega Japan announcing vocaloids for the west. Maybe Phil Spencer simultaneously announcing a legendary hardware company acquisition with amazing IP, before showing off an Atari logo'd t-shirt. I also expect the case of budweiser I pick up to be flat.
Would be amazing if MS teamed up with Sega for a round of new collaborations that'll launch on a Sega branded Xbox, along with a bunch of other Japanese games. But highly unlikely lol.

👀

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Saturn and Dreamcast added to the Xbox enhanced backwards compatibility program..I can dream can't I.

Really though I expect next to nothing.

Apr 21, 2018
Would be amazing if MS teamed up with Sega for a round of new collaborations that'll launch on a Sega branded Xbox, along with a bunch of other Japanese games. But highly unlikely lol.

👀
www.gamesindustry.biz

Phil Spencer: "It would be nice to buy a Japanese studio"

It was always destined to be Xbox's E3.Unimpeded by its biggest competitor for the first time in its history, Microsoft…
If it's too complicated in japan to buy a publisher, then the partnership can be seriously considered.

How many japanese studio Microsoft bought lately ?

XBox OG + Sega = Chihiro = Easy Japanese ports

X Box 360 = no arcade board

X Bone = no arcade board

Serie S(ega Saturn) = Chihiro 2 = Tons of arcade ports + the nostalgia of a console which sold 6 millions units in Japan.(how many x bone in Japan ? it's not about sharing the cake with Sega, it's about making it:
www.gamerevolution.com

Japan Xbox One sales fall under 50 consoles per week - GameRevolution

The Xbox One continues to have low sales numbers in Japan, now dipping into double-digits. Here's last week's console sales numbers for Japan.
)

Nothing is impossible or stupid at this point for Microsoft in Japan. They must forget their pride and let the asian take the lead there.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

It's in the title. "June 4-DUE issue."

It's the issue due out on Thursday, June 4, not the issue that's labeled June 4 (which was released on May 21, by the way---this week's issue is labeled June 11). The scoop is in next week's issue (which is labeled June 18).

Status
Not open for further replies.